test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I got a good idea for Z-store.

xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
Way not put up Fleet marks in Z-store i would bye them.

here is how it should look.

100 Fleet marks for 100ZP
500 Fleet marks for 500ZP
1,000Fleet marks for 1,000ZP

You Guys could make a killing.

Z points for Fleet marks.Sound's like a great idea to me then i would not have to bust my butt for Fleet marks.
The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
Post edited by xcom43 on

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Immediate gratification at its finest. :)

I really miss the MMOs from 5-6 years ago: back when you had to actually earn everything you wanted. Today it's all: "Have money will pay." :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    C-Store

[/Troll]

But more seriously? I don't like it, fleet marks should be earned not bought IMO, but then I hold similar views on Dilithium lol
  • xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hey in all honesty some fleets do not have many people so in fact this would be a good idea for them fleets that do not have many players.
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    And for the big fleets that don't need it, would buy them anyways, because then they wouldn't even need to WORK at the Starbases anyways, then start to complain they have nothing to do since all the projects could be more instantly filled up, and get to higher tiers faster, not super-fast, but more quickly than they are even now.

Besides, marks are bought, with your time to earn them.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Immediate gratification at its finest. :)

I really miss the MMOs from 5-6 years ago: back when you had to actually earn everything you wanted. Today it's all: "Have money will pay." :)

This.

but...

simply put my response is "no".

The FM/Starbase system was put in to encourage your fleet doing things together (albeit not perfectly as you can still PUG your way right through it), and provide long-term goals while we wait for season 7.

I'd file this under the same category as "Put STF MK XII gear on the C-Store" (Which has been asked for more than a few times)
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Why bother with piddling around with buying fleet marks. Cryptic should just sell the tier 5 Fleet base in the Z-store.:rolleyes:
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I agree with Cosmic... What happened to the good old days... :rolleyes:

Very bad idea. Instant gratification, it would favor larger fleets even more; it would push this game even further down the deadly pay-to-win route; It would remove any reason to attempt to play the missions the devs spend so hard to make for you.

If you want to put money into something that will improve it's value and usefulness over time... buy a house.
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    C-store people, the Cryptic Store just uses Zen now. It still says c-store in-game. Hover over the button.

As for the topic of the thread, how about we make all resources purchasable then they'll all loose their value. No offense but buying other resources is a bad idea, a lazy way out.

I'm in a small fleet and I disagree with the OP. What they need to do is make FM more accessible for everyday playing. Have lore missions gain them, campaign missions, STF's etc and so on. They can be added to the current rewards, they only have be be a small amount like 5-10 per mission, elite STF's may earn say 20. This would also bring replay value back to missions and it's something different than the same poorly designed fleet actions and boring Nukara over and over.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited September 2012

I'd file this under the same category as "Put STF MK XII gear on the C-Store" (Which has been asked for more than a few times)

But that one is perfectly understandable to many. Personally speaking I've done HUNDREDS of elite runs and have yet to get a SINGLE Prototype tech drop.

Yeah, Not a Damn one Ground or space.

At this point, yeah I'd be willing to drop $10 just to get the ****ing set(s) on the Z-store and be done with it.
  • wilkaastwilkaast Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    You guys are missing the point. If you buy Zen and convert it to Dilitium, YOU CAN ALREADY DO THAT, and guess what, its way cheaper than what the OP propose! Check it out:

Overall, IIRR, if you donate 1 dilitium to your fleet, you get 1 fleet mark, right?

Well, then it means you CAN buy 1000 Fleet marks, but not for 1000 Zen.

If he exchange is around 150 to 1, you can buy those by turning in 1000 Dilitium, which is worth about 7 Zen.

1 Zen = 1 US cent, so yeah. Heck, 1000 Dilitium is what you get for running 2 STF and a half.

You can even add a booster on that and get 10% extra or so.

Your math is off man, or I'm missing something?