test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Xindi in STO

borg9870borg9870 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Will we see the xindi appear in STO? perhaps in a feature series after the Tholians.
Post edited by borg9870 on

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Well, there ARE Xindi in STO. But is more of an easter egg than anything else. See: http://www.stowiki.org/Special:Search/Xindi

Hmm... It would be kinda fun to play as a Xindi Insectoid. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I had always assumed the Xindi would be divided between the Feds and the KDF: Arboreals and Primates to the Federation, Insectoids and Reptilains to the KDF, and the Aquatics staying neutral.

Whatever the case, it would be nice to see the Xindi in the game in a fashion other then just DOFFs.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited September 2012
    Extant Xindi Doffs have all 5 factions available Fed-side.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • borg9870borg9870 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    It would also give us another use for EVA suites, we could use them to visit Aquatic-Xindi ships and station interiors :)
    edited September 2012
    Extant Xindi Doffs have all 5 factions available Fed-side.
    My reasoning above was to get around the KDF-player forum angst about how they get nothing from the Xindi being included in the game. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited September 2012
    Ah, well.... they could be added as a cross faction race for sure, but you don't need to split the Xindi by species for that.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited September 2012
    It just makes sense that the two most aggressive Xindi species would be willing to align themselves with the expansion-aggressive KDF empire in this timeline.
    edited September 2012
    They'd have to work out some things for the Aquatics... (otherwise they wouldnt be able to do ground missions) perhaps some kind of aquatic EVA suite
    edited September 2012
    The Aquatics could end up being the NPC "villains" of such a new Zone: the start of the return of the Sphere Builders with the Aquatics being the SB puppets this time around. :)
    edited September 2012
    Yeah, they could be somewhere like that Ocean planet in Voyager (i cant remember the episode) and in earths oceans aswell !!!