test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Good News for Fleets

gremlingremlin Member Posts: 0
From the patch notes.

All Duty Officers obtained from the Fleet Exchange can once more be contributed to Fleet Projects.

This change is retroactive, and will allow all existing versions of these items to be contributed, as well as any obtained in the future.

Looks like Cryptic may have actually listened to the community.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    They get it right sometimes.
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    wewt
    Congratz. You found the other 10 characters.
  • caliban149caliban149 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So they WEREN'T working as intended then. . . .

Good news I guess.
  • liquidacid29liquidacid29 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ya this is nice... but the nerf to dismissing doffs in the patch sucks

whites going from 75 to 1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ya this is nice... but the nerf to dismissing doffs in the patch sucks

whites going from 75 to 1
    As has been stated in other threads, it was too easily exploited. I make over 200 free DOFFs per week from the Recruiters. @ 75 per that's 15,000 Dilithium per week - or over 100 Zen per week - just for clicking a few buttons, logging out for a couple of days, logging back in and clicking a few more buttons, logging back out, and rinse and repeating forever.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • liquidacid29liquidacid29 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    As has been stated in other threads, it was too easily exploited. I make over 200 free DOFFs per week from the Recruiters. @ 75 per that's 15,000 Dilithium per week - or over 100 Zen per week - just for clicking a few buttons, logging out for a couple of days, logging back in and clicking a few more buttons, logging back out, and rinse and repeating forever.

I understand it was done to prevent some from exploiting but that doesn't mean it sucks any less for someone like me who wasn't

it's why I said it sucks not that it was a mistake
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • l0cutus359l0cutus359 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    One doesn't score points for getting something right when they got it wrong in the first place and everyone pointed out their idiotic mistake.

Yes, they had a knee jerk to the hard core folks dil farming the fleet doffs.... and then ignored the issues from it.

Nor did they explain what they were doing in the Release Notes of their Knee Jerk fix

Thx
    Locutus

Delirium Tremens
    Tier 4 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy
    http://dtfleet.com/
  • bruccybruccy Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    caliban149 wrote: »
    So they WEREN'T working as intended then. . . .

Good news I guess.

its good when a developer holds up there hands and says we got it wrong sorry guys and fixes
    edited August 2012
    bruccy wrote: »
    its good when a developer holds up there hands and says we got it wrong sorry guys and fixes

Yeah, that's not what they did though is it.

- They ignored the forum rage for quite some time.
    - Someone posted a brief comment saying there was no issue and it was "Working as intended"
    - They then fix it quietly a week or so later (Despite its not even being a bug! Odd").

The adult thing to do would have been to do as you suggest:
    - "Aw TRIBBLE, sorry we messed up. . only human etc, we'll start working on a fix to be out in a week or so, ok!"
    - Release fix a week or so later.

Still. . . glad its getting fixed even if Cryptic/PWE still can't quite work out how to communicate with the community like grown ups.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    caliban149 wrote: »
    - They ignored the forum rage for quite some time.
    Dude, really? The patch was out for 1 week. They tried it for a week, people didn't like it, and they changed it in their next patch. We're not talking about the Cloaking bug or some other nonsense that's been going on for years. We're talking about a week here. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited August 2012
    Ok perspective gained. . . . it generated quite the ****estorm around here however, easy to lose sight of actual length of issue.

Still think the whole thing was a joke; didn't admit it was a mistake (which was obvious to all), in fact decided to issue a statement saying it WASN'T a mistake, then proceed to fix the "not a mistake".

Ridiculous