test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

An Amusing Dedication to Star Trek and STO

albinoeatpodalbinoeatpod Member Posts: 0 Arc User
We're having a bit of internal work done at my office, and we had a small competition to name the 5 new meeting rooms. I submitted a bunch of Starfleet Ship Classifications, and 5 of those got shortlisted. They then won the vote, so our new meeting rooms will be called Defiant, Prometheus, Excelsior, Nova, and Regent. Probably the geekiest thing I've ever done, and feel rather proud of it.
Post edited by albinoeatpod on

Comments

• caliban149caliban149 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Heh, are any of your coworkers aware of what you have wrought?

I mean someone with a passing trek knowledge might know Defiant and Excelsior but the rest are a little obscure and Regent isn't even canon.
  • albinoeatpodalbinoeatpod Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Oh yes, they're aware they were Star Trek references. The other options were LotR related, or Asterix characters (at least the ones that were shortlisted, there were about 200 other suggestions)
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Pity you cant have the ship dedication plaques in each room too ;)

That would be uber cool lol
    server_hamster6.png
  • albinoeatpodalbinoeatpod Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, with a little model of each one hanging from the ceiling
  • astartes84astartes84 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I envy you, I only managed to program a textbox into an administration software and it appears only if you stay long enough on it.
    The simple sentence "May the force be with you" will say goodbye to you then. I think I'll change this to "Live long and prosper" :P