test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ask cryptic i loled at the past

linkdown1linkdown1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2012 in PvP Gameplay
Q: Linkdown Will we get any PVP love.

A: Yes. We plan some PVP love during Season 4, and more specifically Open PVP areas if we can get the tech and rewards ironed out.

For some fup reason im still waiting for it

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=556501
Post edited by linkdown1 on

Comments

• Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    By love, they meant more p2w stuff and lockbox ships. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    starfleetfcstarfleetfc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    snoge00f wrote: »
    By love, they meant more p2w stuff and lockbox ships. :P
    Wrong. June 2011. 2011. When F2P was not even a mere thought. P2W stuff wasn't even in yet. Lockboxes in STO? What are you talking about?
  • Options
    macdude22macdude22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Wrong. June 2011. 2011. When F2P was not even a mere thought. P2W stuff wasn't even in yet. Lockboxes in STO? What are you talking about?

Exactly that, the lockboxes that cost a buck twenty five to open.
  • Options
    obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    linkdown1 wrote: »

A: Yes. We plan some PVP love during Season 4, and more specifically Open PVP areas if we can get the tech and rewards ironed out.
    I think there's an important qualifier in that statement. See here for details.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited August 2012

It's called humor. Get some. :P

I know what time frame he was referring to since I was playing at that time.

And besides, that is the path they went to in the end. :P

That is all PvP has received from them and will likely receive for a long time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited August 2012
    feel free to ask in the newest ask cryptic......
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Cryptic hates PVP more than the Klingon Empire. The amount of development each received should say enough. Too bad I like both...
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    falloutx23falloutx23 Member Posts: 456
    edited August 2012

A: Yes. We plan some PVP love during Season 40 and more specifically Open PVP areas if we can get the tech and rewards ironed out.

For some fup reason im still waiting for it

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=556501

Come on guys...it was a simple typo. Let's not bust their balls about it.
  • Options
    praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think there's an important qualifier in that statement. See here for details.

Of course, those qualifiers always apply.

But, seriously, go through and look up every single Dev post that mentions PvP. It's always "Seriously, we swear, PvP stuff is coming VERY soon!" or "It'll be here in this/next Season!"

The string us along with false hopes. They either set wayyy too high of goals for themselves (I guess even getting out more than 2 FEs is a challenge?) or are blatantly just lying ("exaggerating", if you will) that they plan on doing things.

Sure, you can say that Heretic (or Gecko, or whomever it was) was doing something for PvP, but we don't know what that was. And even still - let me know how long it takes to add a few spawn points onto already existing maps, and then guess as to why we don't have them yet.

My favorite was the "... in testing, and to be released soon!", in July of 2010. Still waiting on that one.
  • Options
    thishorizonthishorizon Member Posts: 1,158
    edited August 2012
    falloutx23 wrote: »
    Come on guys...it was a simple typo. Let's not bust their balls about it.

bwahahahahahahah

huh?
  • Options
    dank65dank65 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    bwahahahahahahah

huh?

Secondeded .................:cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banshee
    Bloodthristy
    Guild - <Lords of The Dead>
    LvL 60 CW-Dragon Server
  • Options
    ghostyandfrostyghostyandfrosty Member Posts: 864
    edited August 2012
    Thank you for finding that.

Now can anyone find the one where they promised us those very same things before season2?
  • Options
    falloutx23falloutx23 Member Posts: 456
    edited August 2012
    bwahahahahahahah

huh?

Do I have to spell everything out? Wait a sec...I'm spelling this out at this very second...have I been at this for long? I'm so confused... Tomorrows pizza night!
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited August 2012
    Wasn't those these openPvP sector raid missions that where actually on tribble and shotdown by the carebear outcries about been forced to pvp?
  • Options
    husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,601 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yep I remember....

Number of things that hit Tribble that go to live.... 99.9%.

Cause there was that one time that they backed off a tribble push to live... not because of something game breaking.

A PvP add all most went live.... my theory is stahl was on vacation, and had a fit when he came back and got it pulled.
  • Options
    kinetic78kinetic78 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    They are having a bubble this lot,,, how hard could it be just to give us another map,,, it can't be that hard even just to take 1 of a mission,,,

We keep spending and they give us jack ****,, it's all about the wonga for PW ,,,,,,

Pvers are going to get nothing ,, we have heard all the same TRIBBLE over and over ,,, "buff this nerf that , oh TRIBBLE we just broke that" we promise we promise things are coming just go and grind ur star base for 7 months then we will look at it again....

Rant over ,, they TRIBBLE me off
  • Options
    dassemstodassemsto Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited August 2012

This would take some epic ironing...

http://media.fakeposters.com/results/2009/08/25/38thbakmqi.jpg

feel the burn!
  • Options
    marctraiderzmarctraiderz Member Posts: 539 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Its sad, so sad. I have no more words for any of it.

Better just drop the whole matter, and never look back.
  • Options
    blitzsthblitzsth Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    +1 To open PvP.

They could add every map as open PvP, then on the players Mini-map, there could be a switch. They could activate it if they want to be involved in PvP. When activated it has a 15 minute cooldown out of combat. That way they can only attack player that have an active PvP status and all PvEer are free to go about their business without hazel of being harassed.

Or they have PvP encounters, like the PvE encounters. Fly up to one click it will bring up how many players are in the encounter. (0/10) fed - (0-10) Klink, that way you can join an encounter knowing you are not going into an unbalanced encounter.