test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

new bartender contract mission

sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
is there a way to increese romluan ale drops in fleet events
I do not see how a smll fleet can do this mission

because exchang idiots will rip you off close to 1 million for a bottle because they now it is rare
so can this be added to dstore or gpl store so we can bypass exchange
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I get three or four a day on doff assignments (and sell at 600 EC ) but some evil ferengi buy them and relist them at 10,000 % mark up
    We need to make everything BOUGHT on the exchange bind on pick up
    to destroy speculators
    Live long and Prosper
  • onenonlydrockonenonlydrock Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    A-BLEEPING-greed

250 bottles at about 250k apiece is a lot of money to spend. Even lockbox starships are cheaper than that total amount!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    but at 600 ec (the normal price) its not
    Live long and Prosper
  • lostmoonylostmoony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    stop crying about any starbase projekt starbase are designt for big fleets if you are in a small its your fail game over.;)
    edited August 2012
    lost

its fixable

the small fleets can complete it
    the big ones are having trouble

but its all fixable
    Live long and Prosper
  • looter#0963 looter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Lost
    I was under the impression its designed for medium sized fleets(30-50 or so) so if youre in a large fleet of 500 and cant donate anything cause the projects are full then its your fail game over.
  • foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sollvax wrote: »
    I get three or four a day on doff assignments (and sell at 600 EC ) but some evil ferengi buy them and relist them at 10,000 % mark up
    to destroy speculators

Better idea is to take an idea from FF XI.

In order to post an item on the exchange you have to pay a percentage in advance.

Selling something for 1.5 million? You have to pay 150k.

THis will eat away at the glut of EC in the game and keep people from being greedy ***hats.
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    to destroy speculators

no one seen this projecty once they do it will jump
    edited August 2012
    sean2448 wrote: »
    no one seen this projecty once they do it will jump

it is a trend I have been watching since 6 launched
    why do white doffs cost so much starbase projects
    edited August 2012
    If I were Cryptic I would Price LOCK the exchange to a maximum 50% mark up or mark down from full value

and impose that at say 2 days notice

OR make everything in it bind on pickup
    Live long and Prosper
  • blitzsthblitzsth Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    If I were Cryptic I would Price LOCK the exchange to a maximum 50% mark up or mark down from full value

and impose that at say 2 days notice

OR make everything in it bind on pickup

Most ridiculous idea yet.

I buy and work the exchange on just one of my characters, I pass stuff I buy onto other characters or onto other fleet members. If they locked items you bought on the exchange it would kill the exchange.

Also a lot of people use the exchange as an extra bank. By placing an item at a ridiculous over priced amount that no one in their right mind would buy. Capping the exchange 50% mark up would ruin this. Seeing that you can only unlock a limited amount of bank or inventory slots, using the exchange in this fashion helps with this matter.
    edited August 2012
    they got it now 375 and climbing stop this pleases they are exploiting this mission
    it will take small fleet forever
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    There needs to be a nominal charge on the exchange, like any auction house they take a cut, 5% is fair. Using the exchange as a storage area should stop by enacting a 5% fee, it will also stop the excess price gouging going on, people won't waste that much money when they can't sell their items. However I believe there should be a relisting or price change feature so the full 5% is charged every time you get under cut.

Who wants to look through the 1000s of Boffs on the exchange with no real purpose to be there? They are overpriced and have no special skills.

The 50% mark up idea is awful and doesn't work anywhere.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    nicha0 wrote: »
    Who wants to look through the 1000s of Boffs on the exchange with no real purpose to be there? They are overpriced and have no special skills.
    The main problem with BOffs is the inability to filter by faction or desired skills. Very user unfriendly.
  • blitzsthblitzsth Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    darkjeff wrote: »
    The main problem with BOffs is the inability to filter by faction or desired skills. Very user unfriendly.

Well the exchange could do with a complete re-do. As the search options are very limited, the categories in which they are listed needs sub-search options.

so take Doffs for example

Duty officer>>>quality>>>duty officer department>>>Trait

Or ship weapons for example

Ship weapon>>>Level>>>quality>>>weapon type>>>ammo type

Or consoles for example

Ship console>>>Level>>>quality>>>Engineering>>>Armour/shield/etc etc
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    to destroy speculators

how do you know that they relist them?
    edited September 2012
    lostmoony wrote: »
    stop crying about any starbase projekt starbase are designt for big fleets if you are in a small its your fail game over.;)

LEt me just say two things.

First, I'm in a KDF fleet with 470+ members, 90% of which are active and participating. We have not finished this mission despite having been working on it for a little over two weeks now, most of our assignments are loaded and counting down IN A DAY.

Second, Do some research before you speak because as I've just pointed out, this is NOT a problem that's exclusive to small fleets.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    foundrelic wrote: »
    First, I'm in a KDF fleet with 470+ members, 90% of which are active and participating. We have not finished this mission despite having been working on it for a little over two weeks now, most of our assignments are loaded and counting down IN A DAY.

We're smaller than that and with a lower active percentage, but we completed it over the weekend, and nobody spent any real-world money on it (although one returning lifer did spend stipend points on some of it.) However, we're Fed; are there fewer opportunities for Dil on the KDF side?
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • darkwhite0darkwhite0 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    well, I have good and bad news ...

the bad news is that poor planning of the leader the fleet took you to a hole
    the good is that I'm making some million with this error

(I did not say that the news was good for you)

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m85oh1LM8h1qmcp2r.png
  • adabisiadabisi Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Small fleets will always be at a disadvantage.

I run a small fleet. 11 or so...we have no issues.

Lets go with a fleet of 25.

Each player earns, most likely a romulan ale a day. From either the bertender or from confiscate doff quests.

thats approx 25 a day give or take the few who do not get them but rather get a rotgut ot a tranya or chateau picard.

Any smart fleet leader will post in a week ahead of the others what is required for the next fleet update i.e. fleet mail "hey guys next projects requires about 250 romulan ale and 250 dosi rotgut...we expect to be on this quest within a week or so....save up"

Real easy simple and smoothe.

In smaller fleets like mine I am the workhorse with 11 alts and my primary....I earn about 15 daily of each give or take......

You small feet folks i reccomend getting your fleets up to around 25 or so to mitigate these issues. To those who refuse....well that is your choice but you get to pay the penalties of smallness.
    Today we fight the GAULS......monstrous and HAIRY beyond reason.
    edited September 2012
    Yeah the Romulan Ales are doable.

The Dosi Rotgut is where people are getting stuck.

I remember when those damn things were 600-800 on the exchange. Now they range from 250k-400k.
  • anikaifulanikaiful Member Posts: 138
    edited September 2012
    syberghost wrote: »
    However, we're Fed; are there fewer opportunities for Dil on the KDF side?

Quite the opposite. KDF can crank 8,000 Dil with just daily missions (without any Doff'ing or STFs whatsoever).
  • mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Can't do the event, then let us two person fleets show you how it's done,

Amateurs...

Cost is relative and you all seem to get it wrong.:rolleyes:
    gHF1ABR.jpg
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I would have donated more Romulan Ale and Dosi Rotgut to my SB missions, but I *hic* drank all of it *hic*. :cool:

But in all seriousness, why are we stocking our starbase with a) something that is still banned (yes I know it was unbanned in Voyager, but it seems relations have cooled between UFP and The Empire) and B) something with the term rotgut" in it which any drinker worth there salt (:o) knows is a derogatory term for TRIBBLE alcohol that tends to taste only "slightly" better than the plastic bottle it came in! Why doesn't the mision ask for say, 50 of each, including tranya, Spring Wine, Saurian Brandy, Aldeberran Ale, Kanar and Chateau Picard, etc etc..? That would make for a better and more realistic bar.