test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NPC Groups problem

Hi all. I have problem with NPC Groups. I try to make a space fight. So I set npc groups but there is only one ship on the map and costumes are not the one that i selected. So what i'm doing wrong? Or is it some bug? :( :P
Post edited by equnax1994 on

Comments

• drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited August 2012
    NPC groups in space will scale the number of ships that spawn based on the number of players in your team, the more players you have, the more ships will spawn. Frigate groups start out with 3 ships spawning and move upwards from there. Cruiser and battleship groups start with 1 ship. Ground groups are different, they always have a set number of mobs spawn.

If you look at the left menu on the map editing screen and find the NPC Group in the list, hit the little triangle to expand it. You'll see a list of all the potential ship spawns. Generally speaking, the lowest number npc in that group will be the first to spawn. I've seen some where this was not the case though.

If you are really wanting a specific ship to spawn every time, I'd say reskin and rename every contact in the group. I think that most people probably play Foundry missions solo, so you won't have a lot of problems with duplicate ships. That's just a guess though, I don't know if there are stats available on that. Maybe Cryptic could enlighten us.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    In a Cruiser or Battleship group, the second actor from the bottom in the list is the one that will spawn. In a Frigate group, it's the second, third, and fourth actors that will spawn. Not sure about fighters yet.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
    edited August 2012
    Really? 2nd one from the bottom? I always thought it was the 1st. I could be wrong though.

Also there's a problem with the revamped system. Now if you rename a contact in the list, it'll jump up to be in alphabetical order, rather than staying in its correct order.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • equnax1994equnax1994 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    NPC groups in space will scale the number of ships that spawn based on the number of players in your team, the more players you have, the more ships will spawn. Frigate groups start out with 3 ships spawning and move upwards from there. Cruiser and battleship groups start with 1 ship. Ground groups are different, they always have a set number of mobs spawn.

If you look at the left menu on the map editing screen and find the NPC Group in the list, hit the little triangle to expand it. You'll see a list of all the potential ship spawns. Generally speaking, the lowest number npc in that group will be the first to spawn. I've seen some where this was not the case though.

If you are really wanting a specific ship to spawn every time, I'd say reskin and rename every contact in the group. I think that most people probably play Foundry missions solo, so you won't have a lot of problems with duplicate ships. That's just a guess though, I don't know if there are stats available on that. Maybe Cryptic could enlighten us.

aha thank you, it's kind a stupid :P. It's better to function like on ground.
  • zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    equnax1994 wrote: »
    aha thank you, it's kind a stupid :P. It's better to function like on ground.

It's probably done that like because on ground maps you will always have five "players" whether its you and 4 boffs or you and four friends.

The space map will only have as many ships as real people.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    Really? 2nd one from the bottom? I always thought it was the 1st. I could be wrong though.

It used to be 1st from the bottom, but with the Season 6 revamp, it's now 2nd from the bottom. Don't ask me why. :P
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
    edited August 2012
    Just another in the list of "improvements" that nobody needed or wanted I guess.
  • equnax1994equnax1994 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    zorbane wrote: »
    It's probably done that like because on ground maps you will always have five "players" whether its you and 4 boffs or you and four friends.

The space map will only have as many ships as real people.

Yeah, but if foundry is a tool which let you makes your own missions, then is logical to let YOU to define how many ships you want on the map whether they are friends or foes.