test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Your Favourite Things / What You Want to See

cptmcauleycptmcauley Member Posts: 26 Arc User
This is my first time posting on this forum, so here goes! ;)

I love this game. And I'm curious - what is your favourite thing(s) in/about STO? And if you could have anything added to it, what would it be?

I'd love the Galaxy Class interior decks. Just one of many things I could list! :)
[=/\= ================= =/\=]
Tom McAuley
U.S.S. Ares - Beta Squad - Section 31
12th Fleet

Post edited by cptmcauley on

Comments

• theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I love the ships, the customization possible, the variety of gameplay, the characters, the exchange, the good graphics, MORN, the Captain's Table and other veteran rewards, costumes...lots of stuff!

If I could have anything added to the game...how about a pet beagle. :)

(A playable Romulan faction would be nice, too, and playable Typhoon and Jupiter-class ships. Oh yeah, and more new KDF ships. Customizable HUD colors? Andorian and Vulcan combadges? More options for the Veteran android BOFF? Impromptu melee duels on Andoria and Kronos along with more melee weapons! Oh, it is easy to go on when you get started, lol! NX-01 interior! Voyager pack including shuttle! More costumes! More account unlocks and fewer character unlocks! Fleet ships as account unlocks!!!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Two words: Playable Romulans
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • zebularzebular Member Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This has been something I have asked for before, back in 2010.

Please allow us to name our own Alien Species. What strikes me as odd is having everyone who chose "Alien" being displayed as an "Alien." Every Species is an "Alien" to each other, so therefore by this logic (and a Vulcan would agree), every player in the game -- whether or not they choose a specific race -- should be displayed as an "Alien" to every other species.

For me, I would love to be able to display that my character is Half-Betazoid and not just an "Alien." For others, they want to make up their own Species, like I did back in Open Beta, when I created the Zebulonian Race from the planet Zebulon Prime.

Also add a Borg Designation Number to all players, including Alien Species. Allow players to be able to input that Borg Designation at character creation so that they can make the same species as another player has created as well as when customizing our Alien Bridge Officers.

Now, just to set aside some quams. Some had, way back when, posted that this would allow people to make races that are socially unacceptable in Star Trek, such a "Mexicans" or some derogatory term. However, this point was made irrelevant for the simple fact, that by that logic, we shouldn't even be able to name our own characters, our ships, or our bridge officers. What ever makes it past the filters is usually always spotted by an in game employee or by the Community itself.
    Full Name: Zeryn Zebulon Zebular 
    Short Name: Zebular ( @zebular )
    Starfleet Rank / Serial: Vice Admiral, Field Captain / SZ-872-112
    Fleet Registry / Command Ship: Fleet Admiral of the Betazed Patrol / U.S.S. Zebulon, NX-91333-C
    Diplomatic Registry: Starfleet Ambassador, Betazed Ambassador, Son of the Thirteenth House of Betazed
    Species / Birth Date / Birth Place: Half-Betazoid, Half-Human / Stardate 27481.22 / Rixx City, Betazed

Handles: @zebular (PC)@MtnDewFreak (XBOX)@Terraseer (PS4)
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    zebular wrote: »

I like that over all idea, but they'd have to restrict certain names *points to my signature*
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    What I really like to see is a complete revamp of the factions in this game. Because right now, it is just way too chaotic.

On the FEDERATION side, choose between a Federation Citizen Subfaction (Classes: Trader, Diplomat, Planetary Militia). This Subfaction would have NO limitations in costume design or used technology EXCEPT for exclusive starfleet technology. A variety of civillian and planetary milita's vessels can be used (i.e.: Vulcan ships, Caitian, Andorian, Freighters etc.). the Second choice qould be Starfleet officer with the classes currently in-game. The change is that these officers would have to wear Starfleet uniforms when on-duty (a limited uniform choice) and have access to exclusive Starfleet ships and tech. Just get all those bug ships, galors, tholian or caitian ships out of starfleet.

On the KLINGON side, the choice would be wether to play the KDF which will be Klingons only, exclusive Klingon ships and tech and the three classes currently in game. The other subfaction would be KDF's allies/protectorates, Gorn, Nausicaa or Orions which also would serve as a "class". Those should get their own homeworld, own vessels and costumes etc.

Kind of like the way that one Star Wars game started out. If this is implemented right it could really rework the feel of the game. :)
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • cptmcauleycptmcauley Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I love the ships, the customization possible, the variety of gameplay, the characters, the exchange, the good graphics, MORN, the Captain's Table and other veteran rewards, costumes...lots of stuff!

If I could have anything added to the game...how about a pet beagle. :)

(A playable Romulan faction would be nice, too, and playable Typhoon and Jupiter-class ships. Oh yeah, and more new KDF ships. Customizable HUD colors? Andorian and Vulcan combadges? More options for the Veteran android BOFF? Impromptu melee duels on Andoria and Kronos along with more melee weapons! Oh, it is easy to go on when you get started, lol! NX-01 interior! Voyager pack including shuttle! More costumes! More account unlocks and fewer character unlocks! Fleet ships as account unlocks!!!)

I know eh! Such an awesome game, with so much more that they can develop! It's exciting! :D
    Tom McAuley
    12th Fleet

edited August 2012
    rtk142 wrote: »
    Two words: Playable Romulans

Agreed! :D
    Tom McAuley
    12th Fleet

edited August 2012
    zebular wrote: »

Good ideas! Hadn't thought of the 'Alien' race names thing before - now it seems obvious lol!
    Tom McAuley
    12th Fleet

edited August 2012
    angrytarg wrote: »
    What I really like to see is a complete revamp of the factions in this game. Because right now, it is just way too chaotic.

On the FEDERATION side, choose between a Federation Citizen Subfaction (Classes: Trader, Diplomat, Planetary Militia). This Subfaction would have NO limitations in costume design or used technology EXCEPT for exclusive starfleet technology. A variety of civillian and planetary milita's vessels can be used (i.e.: Vulcan ships, Caitian, Andorian, Freighters etc.). the Second choice qould be Starfleet officer with the classes currently in-game. The change is that these officers would have to wear Starfleet uniforms when on-duty (a limited uniform choice) and have access to exclusive Starfleet ships and tech. Just get all those bug ships, galors, tholian or caitian ships out of starfleet.

On the KLINGON side, the choice would be wether to play the KDF which will be Klingons only, exclusive Klingon ships and tech and the three classes currently in game. The other subfaction would be KDF's allies/protectorates, Gorn, Nausicaa or Orions which also would serve as a "class". Those should get their own homeworld, own vessels and costumes etc.

Kind of like the way that one Star Wars game started out. If this is implemented right it could really rework the feel of the game. :)

Good ideas - I've played implied SW game since Beta, and looking between that and STO what occurred to me was if you took took aspects from each game into the other, it would make it even better.

For example, change the space aspect in SW to something similar to STOs. And implement a similar world exploration in STO that we already have in the SW game.

Would be one major project though!
    Tom McAuley
    12th Fleet

• allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    rtk142 wrote: »
    Two words: Fusion Cubes

Fixed that for ya. :D
    Activision can eat it.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I love that it's a Star Trek game. There's a geekiness that creeps in when you're flying a ship you really like and doing Mission - even if the Missions are just pew-pew patrols.

The only thing I want to see added to the game is more Mission Content: leveling Missions, end-game Missions, FEs, PvP Missions, etc.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • mjaymor78mjaymor78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Playable Romulan Faction
    Original STFs
    Open Instance Fleet Actions
    Content
  • praghaspraghas Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I would like to see some non-Klingon ship interiors for the various KDF ships that are not Klingon. That would be a major win to me.

A major thing in Star Trek has always been culture, which is Star Trek Online has mostly been ignored, i'd like to see some culture put into the Orions, Nausicans, Letheans, Gorn, and any of the Federation species that would have a distinct culture and story background of their own.

I'd also like to see more PvE missions made that are like the STF's, that allow the KDF and Federation to team up. Undine, Romulans, and others are also enemies of both main factions.

I DON'T want to see a Romulan faction, simply because they can't get the KDF sorted out right yet. When KDF is set up to standards, then i'd love to see a Romulan faction.
    Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.
  • dassirdassir Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    1) A Marquis Raider along with the chance to resign and fight for my beliefs while hiding in the Badlands ;D

2) A change of dual cannons, to make them competable with dual heavies

3) An STF with a plain and simple battle between Borg and.....us to prefend them of reaching a defenceless planet.

4) nicer MkXI/MkXII Disruptors (no spikes, ouch!)

5) cardassian Armor
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    TNG Movie Phaser Rifles

-nuf said
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Like: Graphics, doffs, featured episodes
    More: kdf content, featured episodes
    Should I start posting again after all this time?