test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What am I supposed to do with EDC now?

bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
My Fed Engineer VA has the MACO and Omega Mk XII space sets, the MACO Mk XII ground set, 1 piece of the Omega Mk XII ground set, Borg DOFFs- and over 500 EDC

What am I supposed to do with 500 EDC? At first I kept the EDC based on the rumors that we would eventually be able buy Mk XII pieces with EDC. The only other thing I could do with them is exchange them for dilithium.

Any ideas?
Post edited by bohiap on

Comments

• disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Buy dilithium then if you have no need of it sell it for zen. Then use the zen to get keys or fleet moduals and either use them or sell them on the exchange.
    Or
    Use the dilithium to get fleet credits and get yourself a fleet ship.
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • apophis77apophis77 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Exchange for dylith, then either contribute to your fleet, or buy Zen while the market is crashed.

Last i checked, it was 157 dylith to a zen, you could probably make a lot of zen, then sell it alter for more dylith, or just use it to get some nice stuff.
  • aarons8aarons8 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    the problem is it would take months to refine it :(

they need to either do away with the refinement cap or raise it a lot.
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    aarons8 wrote: »
    the problem is it would take months to refine it :(

they need to either do away with the refinement cap or raise it a lot.

Better than sitting on it. and i think its 10 edc for 1024 dil or somthing like that so if the daily likit is 8k thats roughlt 70 edc a day in refinning or maybe about a week or so worth of refining. less if your an 800 day vet.
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited August 2012
    Better than sitting on it. and i think its 10 edc for 1024 dil or somthing like that so if the daily likit is 8k thats roughlt 70 edc a day in refinning or maybe about a week or so worth of refining. less if your an 800 day vet.

I believe that you are right. I'd have just over 50,000 dilithium, which would take just over 6 days to refine. Since the work week is starting refining dilithium will be about all I'll have time for. That doesn't include the small pile of dilithium I'm already sitting on.

I'm not in a fleet, but it may be worth it to try to buy keys or fleet modules and sell them. I'm also sitting on 100 Tholian lock boxes.

I could use the money for doffs. I'm maxed out (150) in all the doff categories. All my doffs are blue or purple. I was thinking I may try buy/sell doffs on the exchange to get the doffs I want for the active slots and maybe keep doing the missions that would give me assignment buffs.
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Stop playing STFs and start PvP. Granted, it's not really a solution to your problem, but it will keep your problem from getting worse. Sounds like you got some pretty good gear so you're off to a good start for PvP. You can't be challenged with STF's at this point and PvP is a never-ending challenge. I've changed my Boff powers 4 times today just trying to get the best tanking + damage combo. It's really quite fun and challenging.
  • bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited August 2012
    skurf wrote: »
    Stop playing STFs and start PvP. Granted, it's not really a solution to your problem, but it will keep your problem from getting worse. Sounds like you got some pretty good gear so you're off to a good start for PvP. You can't be challenged with STF's at this point and PvP is a never-ending challenge. I've changed my Boff powers 4 times today just trying to get the best tanking + damage combo. It's really quite fun and challenging.

I still need the proto tech from CGE and KAGE to get my Omega ground set. Plus, I enjoy CSE and KASE. I sold all almost all of my EDC, took all the dilithium I had and bought zen. I got a 10 pack of Master keys and a fleet module before I remembered that I have a 10 Mil EC limit.
    I opened 10 lock boxes and put the fleet module up on the exchange. It will take me about a week and a half to get the dil to buy the EC increase. Once I get that I'll start working the exchange.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    dStahl keeps saying that STF rewards will be redone somehow with Season 7 (no details what this could possibly mean)
    i fear that cryptic will cave in and make the loot to easy to attain, now that Gozer is gone.
    ...or worse involve the C-Store somehow. (like they did with Nukara, buy the XII upgrade in the LOBI store... worst idea ever!).

personally i'd be fine if the requisitions would be account bound (it's a real PITA keeping track of your drops and what missions to run if you have 11 Chars!).

...oh and they started to talk about Into the Hive (AFAIK they playtested the boss fight but the level itself still needs work),
    new mission = new loot? (maybe the 3rd costume option for the 3 Sets... we know there are 3 variants of the KHG set and one is not in-game yet...)

they have that Borg Queen screenshot up, so the PR starts to roll already.

my best educated guess is Into the Hive = Season 7 with new loot and some loot system revamp of some sort, that possibly includes the XII for EDC armors.

now if you want to wait for it and keep your EDC, on something that is unconfirmed guesswork and rumors... then do that.

But i won't sit on tons of EDC only so they come up with another idea later, because... they want us to PLAY that new missions, not buy the new (or old) shiny with what we already have on Patchday and say /DONE.

also something neat i noticed, if you want lots of EC, those 5 EDC Borg Set Items can get vendored for a nice amount.

500 EDC = 100 Borg Engines/Deflectors = 5.000.000 EC or so...
    well it's an option
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Don't forget that you can also buy Borg space set gear for 5 EDC each, then chunk it into the replicator for 80,000 energy credits per piece. Even better, if you go to the Deferi trading post (so I hear) or the Captain's Table you can get 100,000 EC per piece back. You could get up to 10 million EC for your stash if you don't need the dilithium.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher