test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Could you beat No Win Scenario with tractor repulsors?

ds9fan2ds9fan2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Wave 5 gets everyone, and I think part of the problem is ships coming in from 8 different directions. But they're all in a plane - I wonder, if you had 5 ships all with tractor repulsors, and spaced them evenly around the transport, could you keep the enemy vessels from getting within 10km of the transport? I wonder if this has been tried.

I always play Pug, so my game is usually rather unorganized!
Post edited by ds9fan2 on

Comments

• Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    its not the ships that tend to get people there, its the special weapon spam.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The Repulsor strategy has been already thought up and attemptedby several Elite groups. You need much more than Repulsors to win the No Win Scenario.
  • Options
    trekpantstrekpants Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The only way to beat this is to bed a naive young Orion Starfleet cadet working behind the scenes of the simulator and convince her to wait until you're playing to open an e-mail you've sent her with a virus attached that's designed to nerf the enemy ships.

It's that simple.
  • Options
    supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Brought my apple, and I'm rarin' to go!
  • Options
    fluffytargcreamfluffytargcream Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Don't know about that tactic, but it did make me think of maybe a Shipboard Doff assignment that upgrades/changes the Tractor Mine launcher into a Repulsor Mine Launcher.