test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STF gates turned way to high

sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
I am pretty toughsetup and the infected and khitomer space elite gates turned way way too high not fair test of 12 when you knife through best gear in game
I have all fleet weapons
12 omega shields 12 standard combat enginge stf store
fleet advance deflector
on cure space normal super raptors still
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dood98998dood98998 Member Posts: 389
    edited August 2012
    sean2448 wrote: »
    I am pretty toughsetup and the infected and khitomer space elite gates turned way way too high not fair test of 12 when you knife through best gear in game
    I have all fleet weapons
    fleet advance deflector

Ditch omega shields for maco shields and have other 3 pieces borg. Say no to pwe fails!
    When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
    This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines :D
  • aethon3050aethon3050 Member Posts: 599 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sean2448 wrote: »
    I have all fleet weapons
    fleet advance deflector

No offense, but it isn't the gates or your gear; it's you. I could tank the gate in a shuttle with no shields; want to know how? Read the guides linked here:

http://www.stoacademy.com/walkthrough/stf/

For the meantime, though, just stay more than 8km away from the gates.
  • darienavandarienavan Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    For the meantime, though, just stay more than 8km away from the gates.
    Please don't give such advice: "campers" often destroy the chance for the opt. as they simply don't deal enough damage if they sit at maximum distance (only worse is the "sitting on kang"-Camper in Cure, who starts fighting bops if they are already in range to shoot kang^^)

@Sean

If you have a cruiser try this one:

- Tactical team1 (if your ship has 2 tac. Stations use it 2 times)

- eng. Commander and Lt Commander should both have Emergency Power to shields3 (Tier3 Skill) so that shield energy peaks OVER 100 if used (gives a damage reductiojn)
    Aux. to structural integretiy3 (tier4) is a good hull heal/damage debuff every 15 seconds.

- 2-3 blue or purple Shield Distribution Officers as Doffs on active duty (gives you a good chance for shield buff when going on brace for impact)

-as said: MACO (or Klingon honour Guard) Shield, and Borg console/deflector/engine for 3 piece bonus.

- blue Mk XI Field Generator as sci. Consoles

The Trick is, that the ultimate line of defence is your shield. As long as your shield is strong, theres nothing to worry. If your shield is down, than the next hit will probably kill you.
  • dood98998dood98998 Member Posts: 389
    edited August 2012
    All good advice- just remember, the gate has invisa torps of doom too, so if you sit at roughly 5k almost directly on top of it, you'll be fine.
    When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
    This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines :D