test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Request @ Ppl Spamming the Doffgrinder/Doffbreaker

aestuaestu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2012 in Duty Officer System and R&D
I'm looking to purchase purple quality FED Klingons and Aenar, of any profession.

If you encounter any of these while spamming the doffgrinder or doffbreaker, please let me know. I'm willing to pay many, many times their equivalent in other doffs.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by aestu on

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2012
    I am still interested.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I haven't had much luck. Is anyone interested in making a trade or sale?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well, I don't have really any very rare Klingons...but I am curious, ARE there purple quality Aenar DOFFs?
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I get quige often the aenar colonist, but I'm not sure that's what you want. I'll try not to grind my next green klingon though. :D
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I get quige often the aenar colonist
    aestu wrote: »
    purple quality FED Klingons and Aenar
    diogene0 wrote: »
    I'm not sure

Is that so
    mimey2 wrote: »
    Well, I don't have really any very rare Klingons...but I am curious, ARE there purple quality Aenar DOFFs?

Yes. There was a purple Aenar bartender up a while back (for 150m looooool), and STOWiki's dofftracker indicates that there are in fact several dozen random purple quality Aenar doffs, although their spawn rate is so low that in practice probably only a single-digit number of each exist.

However, simple arithmatic indicates that, cumulatively, there must be several hundred or thousand such doffs extant in total, so I find it a bit irksome that no one sees fit to respond to the query.

With dofftwisting being at the current pitch it is (and further exacerbated by the change to Starbase doffs), even with a spawn rate on the order of a ten-thousandth of a percent, it's likely that a substantial number of such doffs are being spawned then ground right back up, forfeiting potential revenue from their sale to yours truly.

The other day, I did get a green Klingon and a blue Aenar from the Fed doffgrinder, but I'm not particularly interested in greens or blues, only purples. This is so because my roster is nearly capped, and green/blue doffs get in the way of my own dofftwisting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well not many people use the standard grinder from the academy, you get TRIBBLE most of the time here. Typically unscrupulous/cogenial human research lab scientists. Most of them prefer the safe vulcan grinder or the Tellarite lottery.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Heretic claimed that the universal doffgrinder would produce UR doffs, however the spawn rate appears to be extremely low if this was even implemented. Dev confirmation either way would be appreciated but is obviously unlikely in the extreme.

Heretic also claimed that the spawn mechanics for Caitians, Trill, Deltans and other trait-poor races would be brought up to par. As we see a decent number of green, blue and purple doffs of the improved secondary races on the XC, with 3-4 traits, it does seem that at least some players are utilizing the universal doffgrinder.

The extreme superiority of Deltans for Defection and Support does create a strong incentive to use the universal grinder, as does the utility of Saurian bartenders and Betazoid chefs (once pigs fly and the replicator bug is fixed).

Certainly the incentives to use the universal grinder are there, if only because the supply of these doffs on the market is so sparse that it is most likely to acquire them through one's own efforts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Can you get Aenar from the Andorian grinder?
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Since Aenar are not Andorians in terms of game mechanics, I would presume the answer is no.

Also, Aenar have Telepathic and Peaceful in their trait pool; Andorians do not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rankin0bassrankin0bass Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I've been using the universal grinder because of Heretic's statement, but haven't gotten anything very interesting from it yet.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I did once manage to get an Exocomp from the universal grinder, so it CAN give out rarer DOFFs.

Anyways, if I manage to get any Aenar, I'll try to remember you.
  • Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm guessing I haven't been playing the game long enough, or never paid attention, but what grinder/breaker? Where is this thing? Or perhaps it's something I've already been using and didn't know the right "term" for it. Just curious. Thanks.
  • Options
    rankin0bassrankin0bass Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The four personnel officers at SFA can be used to grind DOFFs up/down in quality. You take five DOFFs and trade them in for one DOFF of a higher quality, so five uncommon DOFFs turns into one rare DOFF. You can also exchange downward, one DOFF will give you three DOFFs of a lower quality, so one uncommon DOFF turns into three common DOFFs.

The Andorian, Tellarite, and Vulcan officers give DOFFs of their respective species only. The human officer gives a wide variety of species.

Also, the DOFFs acquired through the grinders have a chance of having Resolve as a trait.
  • Options
    buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    My klingon character actually got a purple Aenar Advisor from "Investigate Defection". Bound though :(
  • Options
    penclrtistpenclrtist Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Lindin D'jhyv is safe and sound. I rescued her from the exchange....lol. I won't part with her.

It's the only unbound purple Aenar I know of. Most of the other Aenar on STOwiki I put up there and they are all common/green, one blue, one purple. I have 2 blue that aren't up there since they told us to only "add or edit special DOFFS" after Cryptic regenerated the DOFF database. You may be looking at a spot I am unaware of though.

I do have some white/green klingon and white/green/blue aenar that I might part with though. I had a blue Fed Klingon but its long gone.

PS - I got a couple of UR doffs from the grinder. One on KDF and one on FED side. So it can happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have over 500 purples but to be honest i could not tell you what they are - i never pay that close attention - i just want to get the best for the assignment - I doff 9 toons 2 times a day and that takes 4 or 5 hours - heck I have over 20 purple flight deck officers _ and no carrier - not like I use them for the ship i don't fly a carrier
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Offer still valid. Spare me my OCD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    There is a purple Aenar biologist on exchange 10mil and a blue astrometrics for 5mil.
    EDIT- BOTH SOLD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Thanks for the heads up - actually, I bought the purple Aenar before seeing your post just now!
    (I'm not interested in blues.)

I am still looking for more Aenar and Fed Klingons. And a Vorta bartender or chef.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Purple Aenar Advisor on exchange 15m
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    ty sir

Want more Aenar and Fed Klingons! No questions asked please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Also Penclrtist, since you're reading the thread and said you have Lindin, answer a question that's been burdening us all - what are her Replicator Permissions?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Still looking for purple-quality Fed Klingons and Aenar. And also a purple-quality Vorta chef or bartender.

And I am still curious as to the answer to the above question...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Still looking!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Still looking!

You are to be complimented for your persistence.

And also for a very nice sig
  • Options
    drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I for one will keep my eyes peeled and pay more attention when I grind. Think most of the purple Vorta I have are Botanists...
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

• Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Heretic claimed that the universal doffgrinder would produce UR doffs, however the spawn rate appears to be extremely low if this was even implemented.

i did downgrade over 100 Support Purples and turned the resulting blues back into other purples, over 6 different FED Characters and i got 2 Ultra Rares, one Exocomp and one Xindi Primate with some +Aux while cloaked ability.
    Lets just say i was sitting a few hours in front of the Personnel Officer to even get that done.

I can confirm they exist, but to get them you really have to HAMMER the System.
    I guess it's easier to just buy them from the Exchange and grind the EC for it instead.
    Also, there is no guarantee that you will get the one or two UR that you are looking for... in my case i sold both, i already had an Exocomp and i have no idea what more Aux while cloaked is worth on a Defiant or the Gal-X to begin with, and i fly neither of those two...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tlingaluttlingalut Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Sent you a PM
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Thanks, but I already have the two doffs you offered. Still looking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I remain interested.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]