test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best Carrier Pets

dwhornetdwhornet Member Posts: 108 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Federation Discussion
I recently got the Tholian Recluse Carrier, I have the fighters that it came with and I was thinking of getting the other carrier pets. However, since each hanger pet is 30k dilithium a pop, I can't perceive getting them all in the near future.

Please stick to the just recommending the best carrier pet, I know this particular ship has a console that makes me want to stick to fighters that also use tetryon. However, I will be willing to get rid of it if the pets make it worthwhile.
Post edited by dwhornet on

Comments

• kylesal24kylesal24 Member Posts: 312
    edited August 2012
    Each has a EC GREEN level one. Try those out and see what you like. I like the Pringire fighters myself.

Kyle
    Delta Fleet Command
  • soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Depends what will be your main focus really. For PvP there's absolutely nothing better than to buy the Danube Runabouts as their tractor beam makes it a far greater contribution to the team than anything else. For PvE your best bet will be the Peregrine Fighters.
  • nayukannayukan Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Depends what will be your main focus really. For PvP there's absolutely nothing better than to buy the Danube Runabouts as their tractor beam makes it a far greater contribution to the team than anything else. For PvE your best bet will be the Peregrine Fighters.

Yes exactly, it depends on the actual sitation. Peregrines are the best DPS fighters (don't know about those Tholian ones though) and come pretty handy in PvE scenarios. The Runabouts however are pretty low on DPS, but thanks to their Chroniton Torps and Tractor Beams they can kind of control your enemies, which make them nice in PvP or STF where you want to stop other ships.
    Delta Flyers do less damage than Peregrines, however they are less fragile.
    Captain Faeron - USS Mistral Sea - Ambassador class support cruiser
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,844 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I run deltas and danubes on my atrox. not a fan of the peregrines but i only had the green ones
    Spock.jpg

• mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Shield Repair drones can be very potent at keeping a ship alive, because you can launch a whole bunch of them, and keep them on yourself, or give them to a team mate.

Obviously they aren't going to add any DPS to you whatsoever, but sometimes keeping other people alive can be better in the longer run, because if they aren't dead, then that means they are still fighting freely.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • dlmysticdlmystic Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have delta flyer and perigine on my atrox. Shield repair drones dont do enough to make me keep them. Normally i can keep myself alive just switching the fighters to intercept mode. Delta are nice as an alternative if your perigine get buggy by too many of the same hangers on the map. Advanced perigine when 4 hanger wings are out sometimes will launch 12 quantums at the same time from the same direction. I have to recall them when helping people in ISE on generators cause they can take a gen 40% down in 1 salvo. add my ship and the other persons that means OOPS happens easy. I have tried all but the tholian hanger in blue on my science officer. If your a pvper use the dubiane instead of the delta. IMHO

Sirenbane@dlmystic Founder of Dominion- X
    News Desk