test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Joining already failed stf? :(

aarons8aarons8 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
a few patches ago, they made it when you queue up solo a stf you sometimes get put in one a man down.. this is great for the stf that was a man down.. as they get their man back.. but..

it really sucks to join a stf that is in the verge of failing :(

i dont know how many times i joined CSE to pop into a huge mess of Negh'Vars pounding on kang with this health at around 15% or so.

just to watch it say failed in about 10 seconds..

same goes for joining KASE to see the probes at 8/10 with one person flying around in circles and laughing at all the 'noobs'

usually when there is a game in progress with less then full team someone quit for a reason..

maybe make a pop-up saying hey there is a game in progress you want to join that one or wait for a new one?? or just make it so you get a new game automatically or you can go into a separate menu to see if any in progress are a man down.

it would be nice if i had the choice..
Post edited by aarons8 on

Comments

• aethon3050aethon3050 Member Posts: 599 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    At the very least, we shouldn't get a cooldown for that STF if we join halfway through to help a short team, and it fails.
  • dood98998dood98998 Member Posts: 389
    edited August 2012
    How about kill the cooldown altogethor (not the leaver penalty- just the cd). I know it prevents exess dilth, but there a ppl who make 18K+ per day, so the cd obviously doesn't make a difference.
    When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
    This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines :D
  • mrgig00mrgig00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Today, I was doing Infected Space Normal with a PUG. Things were going well until Teammate B decides to attack the generators on the right instead of the left side with the rest of us.

No harm, no foul, it's normal difficulty - I start explaining in chat to Teammate B that we should do one side at a time, but by then he's triggered a Nanite Sphere on the right side to go with the ones we had on the left.

At this point, Teammate C rage-quits. (You know, because the optional is the end-all-be-all of STFs, even on normal, and thus worth the penalty. Why pass up one guaranteed EDC just because you missed a chance at possibly two? Anyway...) A few minutes later, enter Teammate D. He was not happy, and I can't blame him.

Having said all that, instead of implementing a new pop-up, why not just add the same tab that's on the PVP queue - the one that asks if we want to join a new game, or join any game?
  • caliban149caliban149 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Uggg People who rage quit over missing an optional are scum, stupid scum at that.

Optional loot is usually
    - TRIBBLE worth about 10-50k EC.
    - Some Salvage if you're lucky.
    - VERY rarely a nice purple worth a few million.

All of it you only have a 1:5 chance of getting. Its not at all unusual at all to complete the optional and get unlucky and get NONE of the loot.

Anyone who gives up the guaranteed EDC and Dil + a decent chance at some salvage + an awful chance of some tech for the sake of a 1:5 chance at some (mostly) TRIBBLE is quite simply an idiot.
  • rockbrigaderockbrigade Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    caliban149 wrote: »
    Uggg People who rage quit over missing an optional are scum, stupid scum at that.

Optional loot is usually

All of it you only have a 1:5 chance of getting. Its not at all unusual at all to complete the optional and get unlucky and get NONE of the loot.

Anyone who gives up the guaranteed EDC and Dil + a decent chance at some salvage + an awful chance of some tech for the sake of a 1:5 chance at some (mostly) TRIBBLE is quite simply an idiot.

there is also an accolade...
    if i have arranged an stf with people in an elite channel and we all agree we are going for optional, i expect us to try for the optional. if that doesnt turn out to be the case i will bail.
  • theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    caliban149 wrote: »

Optional loot is usually

Bingo. I've learned not to put too much stress on the optional; however, I will add another reason to rage quit--the possibility (or the knowledge as fact) that a given elite space STF will take two to three times as long as expected even for a PuG...especially when you have to leave for work!!! I can survive not getting the optional, although for me it feels like a bad game since I've done hundreds of these things. Wasting 45 minutes or even an hour on one game is something else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher