test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Episode Replay for Higher MK Rewards

sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
Hi,

I have achieved level 45 and am interested in trying to get higher MK level rewards from previous episodes that I have already played as I leveled up, like the Hargh'peng torpedo from The Doomsday Machine.

From just replying the episode over again will not give the original rewards again. :(

What would the harm be for the game/Cryptic? You gotta work hard for the stuff and they are bound because they are rare.

I'd also really like to get a higher MK Type I phaser too. That'd be sweet!

Is there some way of getting these rewards again? It is really a lot of work, it should seem possible to get them again and maybe at the character's MK level.

Thanks!
Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
Post edited by sirokk on

Comments

• liquidacid29liquidacid29 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    uhh they do, well most of them do... I repeated Doomsday machine at VA and got Hargh'peng torps MK XI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stof4nb0ystof4nb0y Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think they need to add the same reward options for replaying missions as they have for doing the foundry daily. That is, a choice between a dilithium container or level appropriate gear. They could also include a fleet marks choice if they were feeling charitable.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sirokk wrote: »

From just replying the episode over again will not give the original rewards again. :(

Some rewards are unique so you can only get once but these should always scale up so they will become more powerful as you level so thats not really an issue. the rest should be normal weapons and items and should always be available for reruns and be to your current level when you retake the missions.
  • sirokksirokk Member Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    uhh they do, well most of them do... I repeated Doomsday machine at VA and got Hargh'peng torps MK XI

That's good news... so then it should be possible at least for others. I'll have to see if there is some different way of signing-up for the mission that may work.

Maybe you need to be VA to get the original rewards, which would be best for getting the highest possible MK level of rewards.

Thanks for the info!
    Star Trek Battles Channel - Play Star Trek like they did in the series!Avatar: pinterest-com/pin/14003448816884219Are you sure it isn't time for a "colorful metaphor"? --Spock in 'The Voyage Home'
    SCE ADVISORY NOTICE: Improper Impulse Engine maintenance can result in REAR THRUSTER LEAKAGE. ALWAYS have your work inspected by another qualified officer.
    edited August 2012
    That's good news... so then it should be possible at least for others. I'll have to see if there is some different way of signing-up for the mission that may work.

Maybe you need to be VA to get the original rewards, which would be best for getting the highest possible MK level of rewards.

Thanks for the info!

...hmmm might also have to finish all episodes and be VA at end-game.
  • liquidacid29liquidacid29 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Thanks for the info!

there are a few missions where the "replay" gives different rewards but even those the new rewards they give are scaled to your lvl... they scale to whatever level you are MKI to MKXI and you don't have to finish the episodes or be VA to get them to do it... tho note that lvl 50 rewards only scales to MKXI from missions not MKXII

I know because on all my cruiser captains I always repeat "Everything Old is New" a bunch of times to get loaded out with brand new rare phaser beam arrays at my new lvl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I just wish the rewards where less rigid and allowed for more random stats like (ACC3), (CRITH) and variations that seperate from what we are always offered.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    I just wish the rewards where less rigid and allowed for more random stats like (ACC3), (CRITH) and variations that seperate from what we are always offered.
    Then people would just complain that they're like Lockboxes and you have no way of knowing what's in them, and how you need to Replay the Mission X number of times to get what you want, etc. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hi,

I have achieved level 45 and am interested in trying to get higher MK level rewards from previous episodes that I have already played as I leveled up, like the Hargh'peng torpedo from The Doomsday Machine.

What would the harm be for the game/Cryptic? You gotta work hard for the stuff and they are bound because they are rare.

I'd also really like to get a higher MK Type I phaser too. That'd be sweet!

Is there some way of getting these rewards again? It is really a lot of work, it should seem possible to get them again and maybe at the character's MK level.

Thanks!

Not sure what your issue is, but when you replay missions you do get the same rewards, but the levels are higher based on what your current rank is. So, you can replay those missions, but you'll only get Mark X gear at this point. You have to be level 50 in order for the replay rewards to be Mark XI. So, it would be best to just wait till level 50 to replay missions for Mark XI gear.
  • caliban149caliban149 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    stof4nb0y wrote: »
    That is, a choice between a dilithium container or level appropriate gear.

Level Appropriate Items are a TOTAL con job and complete misnomer, at least at VA.

As a VA I have only ever gotten ONE decent reward (a useful purple Mk XI console), the majority of the time I get Blue Mk X stuff. . . worthless

ALWAYS take the Dil.
  • timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think what actually determines the rank of the gear is the level you are at when you pick up the mission.

If you picked up a mission at commander and leveled to Admiral before playing it, you'd still get a commander reward.
    Drop it and pick it up again before you play it, it will be the proper level then.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • unangbangkayunangbangkay Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    caliban149 wrote: »
    Level Appropriate Items are a TOTAL con job and complete misnomer, at least at VA.

As a VA I have only ever gotten ONE decent reward (a useful purple Mk XI console), the majority of the time I get Blue Mk X stuff. . . worthless

ALWAYS take the Dil.

This is generally true, but I did once get a Purple Antiproton Mk XII Pulsewave that I now use on all my ground STF runs.

Also sometimes it does give phased Tetryons or Polaron weapons, and besides lockboxes or Tholian requisition packs those are the only places I've found them.

Still, Dil is better value in the long run.
    edited August 2012
    I think I know what my problem was but I need to test it. I had other missions already assigned making my "reply" mission secondary and thus not give the original rewards.

I will either drop or play through the missions that were already in my queue, then try replaying one of the previous missions like "The Doomsday Machine"... If I had paid attention to the description of the "replay" mission it says something to the effect that's it's a secondary mission.

Thanks to all for the help, I'll update this thread when I have some results.

RTFD = Read The ...Fine Description...?

Take care!
    edited August 2012
    I think I know what my problem was but I need to test it. I had other missions already assigned making my "reply" mission secondary and thus not give the original rewards.

I will either drop or play through the missions that were already in my queue, then try replaying one of the previous missions like "The Doomsday Machine"... If I had paid attention to the description of the "replay" mission it says something to the effect that's it's a secondary mission.

Thanks to all for the help, I'll update this thread when I have some results.

RTFD = Read The ...Fine Description...?

Take care!

Ok, that didn't work. I cleared my mission queue and assigned one of the old episodes and it still read as a "secondary mission".

I'm at level 48 and will wait to pop up to VA and try the the replays again. Until then I am enjoying the STFs and working toward anti-borg gear.

Thanks.
  • defiant8472defiant8472 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Now i trying to do undine episodes and getting for first few missions MK IX-X rewards. My character few months ago got max level and already maxed Omega reputation... All skill points spent... For some reason i don't get level scaling.