test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need Previews of special starbase upgrade

zanthe25zanthe25 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
The special project are well... to be blunt... not that special.

The project require insane resorces and no game benefit, and the visual side is not alwaty worth the effort, we need previews to temp us, or we will simply just skip them.
Post edited by zanthe25 on

Comments

• carmenaracarmenara Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    By all means, skip them, they're just eyecandy.

The cost is scaled towards those who "really want them" or the guild is large enough that 1k a day from everyone will complete the project.

Skip them and save the 200k dil for your next big tier of construction.
    STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
  • zanthe25zanthe25 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    carmenara wrote: »
    By all means, skip them, they're just eyecandy.

The cost is scaled towards those who "really want them" or the guild is large enough that 1k a day from everyone will complete the project.

Skip them and save the 200k dil for your next big tier of construction.

Skipping them is not the problems its more matter of knowing if we want it or not.

We might like some cosmetic changes, if we know what we getting then we know what we feel is worth the dill.

ofc we want our starbase to look cool, but sometimes the special upgrades dont really do anything at all interesting, where as other time they add lot wow factor...

Targs/Tribbles is fine example of a bad special
  • carmenaracarmenara Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I get what you mean. But this season having (a certain type of marketing strategy), there is little in the way of a 'wow' factor to anything :)

The only hints and previews we get are from the relevant Dev Blogs really.

Everyone I know who plays STO has regarded any and all 'limited time offers' to be ripoffs intended to line (insert name of gaming company here)'s pockets. It's quite predictable.

SB interior upgrades are to me like those bridge and ship interior packs. Expensive as hell, loaded with unnecessary fluff with no gameplay value, and I typically spend 0.0001% of my time in said ship interiors. Things like the ability to open blast shutters, like ship bridges, should logically come with the whole package automatically, but they aren't, because they can be resource sinks instead.

It takes a lot of self-deception to actually see the interior visuals as "worth it", when well made Foundry missions or certain FE missions provide way better eye-candy.

And with the high cost, people actually do buy Zen and convert Zen into Dil to get them faster from what I heard. That's some Ferengi marketing.
    STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel