test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The NPC Contacts in your interior Decks

roguestarshiproguestarship Member Posts: 107 Arc User
Had a wander 1 of my Decks to see who the contacts were!

Positions: May not be accurate
Transporter Chief
Doctor
Scientist (Science Lab)
Chef
Bartender
Engineer
etc etc ..

There quite a few contacts.

Anyway wondering if there plans a foot in future to allow us to customise our own Deck Staff.

Using spare BO's or maybe they can implement Deck Officers (DO's)
Post edited by roguestarship on

Comments

• leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think the plan is to eventually add more meaningful department heads and possibly slot their costumes in for the contacts.

There's something interesting about the idea of what you call "Deck officers", though.

Might be interesting to have customized "guest stars" in the vein of Champs' Nemesis system.

A certain large MMO is adding personal friendships with key NPCs as an offshoot of its faction reputation system.

It'd be interesting if you reversed that.

Imagine we create an NPC, right? And then we assign it to a hub. And our NPC shows up in that hub, selling, giving quests or DOff assignments, etc. And we get a little bonus when people interact with that NPC.

At the very least, it would be an interesting idea, tweaked a bit further, for Fleet Advertising.

Imagine they expanded the Fleet Recruitment area. And you had 10 or so NPC recruiters who had invite powers into a fleet. And Fleets could bid to get their recruiter featured.
  • roguestarshiproguestarship Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think the plan is to eventually add more meaningful department heads and possibly slot their costumes in for the contacts.

There's something interesting about the idea of what you call "Deck officers", though.

Might be interesting to have customized "guest stars" in the vein of Champs' Nemesis system.

A certain large MMO is adding personal friendships with key NPCs as an offshoot of its faction reputation system.

It'd be interesting if you reversed that.

Imagine we create an NPC, right? And then we assign it to a hub. And our NPC shows up in that hub, selling, giving quests or DOff assignments, etc. And we get a little bonus when people interact with that NPC.

At the very least, it would be an interesting idea, tweaked a bit further, for Fleet Advertising.

Imagine they expanded the Fleet Recruitment area. And you had 10 or so NPC recruiters who had invite powers into a fleet. And Fleets could bid to get their recruiter featured.

That be cool for Fleets. Any improvement would be cool.

Think there should be Fleet area where all the Fleet NPC's would congrate on Earth Space Dock. Recruiting area.

Just wanting make being your own interior more interesting more interactive. They need to improve interiors. So it be cool to see The Doctor you created instead of some random generated NPC.

Maybe ability to communicate with NPC's would be cool too. Down line I would like to call any BOFF to any room where I am. As there on Duty.

PS: Wanted new BO's Holographic/Photonic Bridge Officer with full editable appearance to any race. Including Orion. Also Odo's race + Androids.
  • roguestarshiproguestarship Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2012

I like that idea personal friendships. Get extra bonus higher it is. Well if there BO's think every away team should have a Doctor beam down with them.

Think in future I like Decks expanded so if you got a higher tier ship maybe 6 or more you automatically have your own Holodeck & person on board who can give you the special "Events" instead of going to ESD all the time.
  • liquidacid29liquidacid29 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    funny thing about deck officers... I was on my KDF toon in a group with a friend on the fed side... he invited me to his bridge and while wandering around his ship I found his officer by the transporters that lets you switch to a shuttle... it not only let me target her but kill her... I assume after we all left she respawned at some point because he hasn't sent me a message ******** that she's still gone...

it also let me target any of the "deck crew" you can get missions from but their health only went to 0 and they didn't die... just ran around as I shot them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stockwelldaystockwellday Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ...it not only let me target her but kill her...

Note to self: Do not allow Klingons on board.

I do like this idea but I'd be more impressed if our ships felt like... ships, rather than small collections of haphazardly connected rooms.

And as was noted a couple weeks ago (and I'm sure many times before) the option to choose the standard Sci/Ops/Tac uniforms for the crew wandering the ship.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I do like this idea but I'd be more impressed if our ships felt like... ships, rather than small collections of haphazardly connected rooms.

Yeah they do. These threads pop up every so often cause they're awesome, and they'd make a lot of people really happy. :(

The only problem is why don't they do it?