test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Add Xindi to STO?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I was wondering if there were plans to eventually add the Xindi to STO? Might also be nice to see the Sphere Builders or other interesting species from ENT. ENT may get a good bit of bashing from fans, but surely some of us liked it a little, and would like to see some familiar races from it in STO, right? I would love to enter The Expanse and let the dangerous weirdness ensue.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I was wondering if there were plans to eventually add the Xindi to STO? Might also be nice to see the Sphere Builders or other interesting species from ENT. ENT may get a good bit of bashing from fans, but surely some of us liked it a little, and would like to see some familiar races from it in STO, right? I would love to enter The Expanse and let the dangerous weirdness ensue.

I loved ENT, it is tied with TOS for my second favorite series. I'd like to see somethings from ENT (other than the uniforms) make it into STO, and I get disappointed by anyone who suggests that ENT was not canon or not Trek.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I, too, really liked ENT (it's my second favorite Trek series after Voyager. I know, I know; I probably just lost my Trek cred with the majority of the game's population, lol. :p), and I would like to see more stuff from that series in the game. I don't care too much for the Xindi (and their season long story arc), but they would be pretty interesting, I think.

I've seen people suggest the Insectoid and Reptilian be on the Klingon side, while the Humanoid and Arboreal be Feds. The Aquatics could go either way, I suppose. (Plus, I think they might be hard(er) for Cryptic to implement.)

So, even though I'm not a huge fan of the Xindi, I'm all for adding things from ENT. :D
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I can't imagine the Insectoids still being around. Certainly someone has doused them in mass amounts of RAID by now.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    ive been asking about this for ages, i dont mind ENT and its not my favourite but they added lots of cool races that have yet to get much of a look in;

denobulans
    xindi (all 5)
    sphere builders
    suliban
    Na'kuhl
  • Options
    edited September 2010

I figured if they added the rest of the Federation Alpha Quadrant, they too would add in the Xindi.

But there won't be an Expanse, remember it no longer exists. Unless we have a time travel mission to experience it. But not sure how Cryptic could pull off the various effects.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I'd prefer that the four Xindi races (Primates, Arboreals, Insectoids and Reptilians) be left to the Federation.

I find it doubtful that the Aquatics would be playable in any form.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Yes I'd love to see the xindi added ot the game.

NO ot sphere builders.

Some Xindi parts are avaialbe in the alien builder now if I"m not mistaken which is cool.

Is it me or is there an Arboreal Xindi on the bridge of the USS Saratoga in ST IV Voyahe Home?
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Definitely adding the Xindi would be a plus. I loved the series, and it's my second favorite as well. Just below TNG. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Rikaelus wrote: »
    I can't imagine the Insectoids still being around. Certainly someone has doused them in mass amounts of RAID by now.

Fly-swatter genocide.

Last I heard, they flew too close to warp nacelles and got zapped.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Azurian wrote: »
    But there won't be an Expanse, remember it no longer exists. Unless we have a time travel mission to experience it. But not sure how Cryptic could pull off the various effects.

Hmm...I thought that the Expanse existed independently of the Temporal Cold War. It was to my understanding that The Sphere Builders only used Temporal Communication to prevent the Federation from being able to stop them from (terraforming?) our localized continuum. The end of the Temporal Cold War 'reset button' removed all the tampering with the formation of the Federation, right?

Why would that 'reset buttton' also remove the Expanse itself? I thought The Expanse was seeded by the Sphere Builders (prior to the events/non-events on ENT.) If you recall on the show, initially Daniels said that the Sphere Builders could communicate but not travel through time. This would mean that they had to seed The Expanse in their past and wait for results, though they could communicate over time to ensure The Expanse was progressing nicely.

You could simulate the Expanse by re-branding Bugs as Expanse Features :)
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Yes! I, too, would love to see the various Xindi species added to the game. I've already created my own Xindi Primates using the character creator, but it would be wonderful to add them as proper playable species, especially the Reptilians and the Insectoids!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Brozan wrote: »

NO ot sphere builders.

Some Xindi parts are avaialbe in the alien builder now if I"m not mistaken which is cool.

Is it me or is there an Arboreal Xindi on the bridge of the USS Saratoga in ST IV Voyahe Home?

That's an Efrosian actually. Same species as the Fed President from ST 6

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Efrosian

I wouldn't mind an encounter with the Sphere Builders at some point but only as enemies.

And since you brought it up, I'd like Efrosians in the game as well >.>
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    I, too, really liked ENT (it's my second favorite Trek series after Voyager. I know, I know; I probably just lost my Trek cred with the majority of the game's population, lol. :p), and I would like to see more stuff from that series in the game. I don't care too much for the Xindi (and their season long story arc), but they would be pretty interesting, I think.

I've seen people suggest the Insectoid and Reptilian be on the Klingon side, while the Humanoid and Arboreal be Feds. The Aquatics could go either way, I suppose. (Plus, I think they might be hard(er) for Cryptic to implement.)

So, even though I'm not a huge fan of the Xindi, I'm all for adding things from ENT. :D

I liked Voyager too. :P

The Xindi is actually something that could be implemented without a major fight. Enterprise is canon, and it was definitely implied that the Xindi were in the Federation at some point.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Hmm...I thought that the Expanse existed independently of the Temporal Cold War. It was to my understanding that The Sphere Builders only used Temporal Communication to prevent the Federation from being able to stop them from (terraforming?) our localized continuum. The end of the Temporal Cold War 'reset button' removed all the tampering with the formation of the Federation, right?

Why would that 'reset buttton' also remove the Expanse itself? I thought The Expanse was seeded by the Sphere Builders (prior to the events/non-events on ENT.) If you recall on the show, initially Daniels said that the Sphere Builders could communicate but not travel through time. This would mean that they had to seed The Expanse in their past and wait for results, though they could communicate over time to ensure The Expanse was progressing nicely.

I don't think the storyline had anything to do with time travel (except for Archer being taken into the future by Daniels). I never had the impression that the Sphere Builders were time travelers-they could just see timelines and wanted to take the Federation out of the equation.

And Daniels said that about the group that were manipulating the Suliban. He might have said the same about the Sphere Builders but I don't think so.

Series of events:
    - Builders build the Spheres, or communicate from their dimension with locals to build them.
    - Spheres begin to change space, creating the Expanse
    - Builders see their defeat by the Federation in the future, coax the Xindi to destroy Earth
    - Archer stops the weapon, makes peace with Xindi, destroys the spheres
    - Lacking the spheres, space returns to normal
    - Sphere builders unable to exist in our dimension, their incursion halted (for now)

So we don't have the Expanse anymore.

The Sphere Builders could return, though. With their failure to turn the Xindi against the Federation, arguably we could now back to the timeline in which they're defeated by the Federation (and Enterprise-J) in the future.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Im huge Fan of Xindi!...i would love to playable player them...ADD IT TO STO!
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    please no. You're asking the dev team to make like 7 different species of Xindi, when we could get 7 better and more beloved species from more popular shows.
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Everything was reset up to the point end of the NX's adventures in the Expanse. Earth still got sliced and diced by the Xindi Weapon prototype. The Expanse stilled was toxic and volatile up until the point the NX destroyed teh Sphere network. Etc. etc. Otherwise most of Season 3 wind up being just a dream . (Ensign Bobby Ewing steps out of the shower :D )

The Expanse can still be called the Expanse. In fact it probably will be be called that. It's what that section of space was called by everyone during the long period spaceforming period of the Sphere Builders. It will carry the name by social inertia.
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Hey Fractal!

i added you if you did't see...

and you loved ENT well you're gonna get a shock lol...

by...

THIS!!!! :eek: lol :D

1st Thread:

Where Did Soverign Class Come From? (Answer To The Question, Look In)

Link:
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=180710

2nd Thread:

Bring NX- O1 Class To STO! (Idea)

Link:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=180699

Check them out lol
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Brozan wrote: »

NO ot sphere builders.

That person was an Efrosian, like the Federation president from ST VI the Undiscovered country.
  • Options
    booa11booa11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This would rule
    a series of missions kinda like the
    ones were they go back to the 23rd century to stop the devidians
    but instead go back and "pretend" to be a nx class ship and save archer
    (holograms i dont know)
    maybe some earth romulan war stuff
    it would rule
    bakula cant be up to much right now
    we could use his voice

off topic
    why do they keep going on about having to get cbs's permision every time they use an established trek character?
    im not exactly a copyright expert but WTF
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    booa11 wrote: »
    off topic
    why do they keep going on about having to get cbs's permision every time they use an established trek character?
    im not exactly a copyright expert but WTF
    Because actors own the rights to their images and there are royalties involved - actors get paid for the use of their images. I'll give you an example of this:

Bill Prady is the producer for The Big Bang Theory: A CBS television show. He wanted to use a Zachery Quinto life-sized cutout of Spock in an episode. To use that cutout he needed to get Paramount's permission (as they hold the rights to the '09 movie), JJ Abram's permission (as he hold the licence rights to the '09 properties), and Zach's permissions (as it was his image). All of them needed to agree - and some, or all, of them probably got paid a few bucks to agree - before it could be used in the episode for all of 2 minutes.

EDIT: Closed for necroing an old thread. Remember, if a thread has been inactive for 30 days, you should not post to it. Feel free to create a new thread on the subject if you would like to discuss further :) ~BranFlakes
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
This discussion has been closed.