test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Zone Chat Questions

artyfrostartyfrost Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I have been observing lately alot of interesting things that have been said or suggested in zone chat, in fleet mish instances, and stf's, I thought I would add some of what I have heard down to see if anyone likes them.

1. I might start again with the talk of account binding STF loot, (including Tech, Datachips and salvage) to better facilitate the freedom to use the character you wan't without the fear of gaining another proto on a toon that doesn't need it. There is also consistent talk of some form of viable exchange or conversion for the mk XII gear, a like for like system where you could swap a Proto Tech for a different Proto Tech, or being able to purchase a Proto tech for proto salvage, there needs to be a way to take out the unfairness of the loot table in some respects because it just annoys people and does turn players away, I know many players who have not got a set after completing 100's of the elite stfs, that is just ridiculous.

2. Costuming options for Boffs is another one I have heard alot recently, We get alot of choices for special uniforms one that isn't available for bridge officers is our STF costume unlocks, it would be something cool to have and I have heard it mentioned a few times in DS9, mainly the 'why?' Which is fair, we grinded hard to get our gear and costume unlocks, lets see some more tailoring options for our boffs too.

3. Fleet ship upgrades - More options and more of a feasible upgrading system. Many players have special vessels (e.g. I have a Tholian Orb Weaver) yet we can't upgrade them to a fleet variant, we have a choice of VERY basic ship choices for fleet ship selection. A few people I have talked to have said that for a fleet ship module, the ability to upgrade your most preferred vessel to a fleet variant giving you an extra module and the hull bonus, making it alot fairer for those players who want to fly their preferred vessel without suffering a drawback because it doesn't have the fleet bonus. Even if the fleet ships system is removed till next season to better facilitate fairness across the board I am sure most players would agree they would prefer to fly a ship they like as opposed to one they dont that has an unfair advantage.

4. Fleet costs - This is a huge one, it has been addressed in ask cryptic, but there needs to be a hell of alot more balance in the cost of donations vs the fleet credits, if I donate 1mill credits in commodities I want to at least get a comparable value back, this is my own personal bug bear. Also the 'fleet marks week', those so called increase in marks should be the standard you get anyway, also dilithium costs need to be drastically reduced, 200k for a basic provisioning project is a joke.

5. Duty Officers in Fleets - Okay, much grumbling here, many credits wasted for very very limited return. The needs for duty officers on the fleet starbase is understandable, but to make them permanently removed from your DOFF list is absolutely preposterous, we don't get anything for donating them, no extra marks, no super bonus fleet credits, no commendation experience, and we lose doffs we could use for better things, this is an absolute killer for smaller fleets. Basically scratches them from development. I would like to see as do many other players I have talked to fleet personnel provisioning assignments which provide x-amount of required personnel for a fleet so e.g.

Starbase Tier 1 requires - Tier 1 military, science and engineering.
- 100 starbase staff.

The provisioning assignments would cost you say a bit of dill, and some marks, and commodities, and at completion award like 20 staff for your starbase. Making it something like 20/100 staff.

Another idea would be for Doff starbase assignments, which allow you to send your doffs on the project who are temporarily removed until the completion of the assignment like any doff assignment, and you get rewards based on how many doffs you assign in the specific commendation experience assigned to that fleet mission, contribution rewards you balanced rewards. Doffs are a precious commodity they should be not wasted and the market should not be tanked by the current demand by fleets.

6. Doff Assignments in general - There just needs to be alot more balance and consistency with regards to doff missions amount of comm. exp, rewards etc. The factors that decide completion or failure also need a look at, as they seem to be off a bit.

These are a few I could of at the moment, feel free to comment, let's try to help get STO moving towards features we would like to see.
Post edited by artyfrost on

Comments

• tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    artyfrost wrote: »

4. Fleet costs - This is a huge one, it has been addressed in ask cryptic, but there needs to be a hell of alot more balance in the cost of donations vs the fleet credits, if I donate 1mill credits in commodities I want to at least get a comparable value back, this is my own personal bug bear. Also the 'fleet marks week', those so called increase in marks should be the standard you get anyway, also dilithium costs need to be drastically reduced, 200k for a basic provisioning project is a joke.

I'll leave the rest for someone else, but I feel obliged to point out that the basic provisioning projects are designed primarily for the fleets who NEED that provision then, not 20 hours from there. If you have time run the other projects, they make more sense as you get experience from them too.

The basics are a 30 minutes turn around to get a ship built quick, money for convenience.
  • artyfrostartyfrost Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Forgive me for saying this, but I believe you missed the point. Necessity, or needs are irrelevant, the fact of the matter is there needs to be something done about the lack of comparative value. I am not the only person who can see that you get rubbish fleet credits for donating commodities, and duty officers, dilithium and marks are better in this regard.

Also with regards to provisioning, 200k dilithium to gain the provisions, then another 35k fleet credits and dilithium for equipment using those provisions is frankly disgusting.
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    artyfrost wrote: »
    Forgive me for saying this, but I believe you missed the point. Necessity, or needs are irrelevant, the fact of the matter is there needs to be something done about the lack of comparative value. I am not the only person who can see that you get rubbish fleet credits for donating commodities, and duty officers, dilithium and marks are better in this regard.

Also with regards to provisioning, 200k dilithium to gain the provisions, then another 35k fleet credits and dilithium for equipment using those provisions is frankly disgusting.

No need to ask for forgiveness ;) It's only a matter of opinion lol.

Sure thought, 200k is a lot, but my point is it's not the only way to provision ships/guns/shields/whatever. There is another option for each one that takes Doffs, commodities, yes, some dilithium, and fleet marks. The dilithium is designed for people who have dilithium to burn I think.

Has our fleet run them? Yeah, once or twice - often by mistake, but we tend to use the 5 Ships/500 Experience projects to supply our quartermaster and tend to have a surplus.

But I do agree, Marks are definitely the best way to get fleet credits. It's amazing how many I've acquired over the last week :)