test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO Featured in Star Trek Magazine

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited August 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
In the latest issue of Star Trek: The Official Magazine, STO is spotlighted. Head to your local magazine retailer, or purchase the electronic version, to check out the eight-page spread which features a piece of exclusive Trek fiction.

Link to the issue info page.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• stof4nb0ystof4nb0y Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Interesting. Before I spend any money though, does this article include any new information we havent gotten before?
  • damecdamec Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    stof4nb0y wrote: »
    Interesting. Before I spend any money though, does this article include any new information we havent gotten before?

I would say not, any information of concern to current customers would be posted here, the purpose of this article is to bring new players into the sto fold from the star trek magazine, not a bad idea :)
  • stof4nb0ystof4nb0y Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    damec wrote: »
    I would say not, any information of concern to current customers would be posted here, the purpose of this article is to bring new players into the sto fold from the star trek magazine, not a bad idea :)

Oh, that is completely fine. But since we are being encouraged to purchase it, I am simply asking if there is anything new to us.
  • startuxstartux Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Any mention of the KDF?
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    startux wrote: »
    Any mention of the KDF?

I think as a side note they mention one can play as a Klingon...

..if one really wanted too...

But it's only there for the 12 to 18 percent of their readers that might be interested.

<chuckle>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • cheeseofborgcheeseofborg Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Is there a high rez of the article avalible?
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Is there a high rez of the article avalible?

The official electronic versions are pretty high res :)
  • raifin1701raifin1701 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    While short, I certainly enjoyed the short story in the previous(?) issue about the meeting of Captain Va'Kel Shon and Captain Data.

Hopefully the fiction in this issue is just as good.

>We're back in the Star Trek Online universe meeting more of
    >the crew and there's some more exclusive fiction!

Sounds like more background and story about the Enterprise-F crew we met on First Contact Day?

Chris
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Star Trek Online Enlistment Date: February 2010
    Fleet website: www.stoacademy.com
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Two new crew members of the Enterprise F were introduced that I don't believe were mentioned in-game. Kirayoshi O'Brien as Chief Engineer, and a female Caitian named Kyona (the one seen on the Belfast) as Tactical Officer/Chief of Security.

The story centers on Jirelle Kav as she oversees maintenance during the F's shakedown cruise, shortly before "Boldly They Rode." It was a good read, and I look forward to more.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Go light on the jumja sticks, Kirayoshi, or you'll get stuck in a Jefferies Tube!
  • xenor002xenor002 Member Posts: 424
    edited August 2012
    Sadly I Still can't play this game even due to a patch awhile ago breaking it for me. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
    I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
    Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
  • warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Shame we don't get those sort of creative energies in game, as opposed to the Magazine. We're waiting 7 seasons for an update to the main story. It better be a huge expansion :/
  • mattmiraclemattmiracle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    warpedcore wrote: »
    Shame we don't get those sort of creative energies in game, as opposed to the Magazine. We're waiting 7 seasons for an update to the main story. It better be a huge expansion :/

Last I recall, Kestrl is the one writing these stories and she is the Lore keeper with STO. There is only so much "story" that you can write and then you have to "wait" until the other departments catch up. Think of the foundry, you can write the story in X time but it takes Y time to bring that story to life via visuals, sounds, etc.
    Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief [Rank 7] for Covenant of Honor; a FED T5 Starbase
    House Leader [Rank 7] for Honorable House of Mor'gue; a KDF T3 Starbase
    Find us at CovenantofHonor.com.  My Twitter handle; @jmattmiracle
  • rheatitanrheatitan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Its disappointing to only get backstories like this from another source like the star trek mag when they should be available in game as well. I read the mag anyway so i'll read about it when i get it but it feels like we're being short changed as loyal players :(
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    stof4nb0y wrote: »

A four-page piece of original fiction about the Enterprise-F, written by Kestrel.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I used to get this mag but had to stop as it was getting really dear and since nothing new was happening in ST. Not sure if I will get it though as all the news and sound bites for STO I can get here
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]