test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Power drain

kattarnkattarn Member Posts: 105 Arc User
Well was yesterday doing some pvp with my fed, have to say that or power drain powers are op or drain counters = insulators mechanics are totally broken let me explain i meet in combat a Vo'quv he had power siphon drones plus energy siphon and i was totally drained i mean 10 or less in almost all subsystem.

I get killed so i saw how drains went mad i decide to put 2 power insulators consoles and i have insulators with 7 points, for my surprise nothing changed even using nadion drained to the same levels so is because im here, i suspect that power insulators are not working.

Anyone can confirm if this is hapening?
Post edited by kattarn on

Comments

• lostmoonylostmoony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    kattarn wrote: »
    power siphon drones plus energy siphon

?

i am confused whats the differenc? power syphons + energy syphons he have used?

and there is no counter if anyone makes a drain skilling he have so much drain ability that you can never count that on any way, isolators are usless dont waste your time with TRIBBLE.
  • cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well was yesterday doing some pvp with my fed, have to say that or power drain powers are op or drain counters = insulators mechanics are totally broken let me explain i meet in combat a Vo'quv he had power siphon drones plus energy siphon and i was totally drained i mean 10 or less in almost all subsystem.

I get killed so i saw how drains went mad i decide to put 2 power insulators consoles and i have insulators with 7 points, for my surprise nothing changed even using nadion drained to the same levels so is because im here, i suspect that power insulators are not working.

Anyone can confirm if this is hapening?

Here's a simplified explanation:

VoQuv is a carrier. Science ship for all purposes. He is sure to have 6 points or more in flow capacitors.

That right there neutralizes your power insulator skill counter.

Now that aside, you are then pitting 2 consoles that give each less than 1 capt. point equivalent of skill ... against what again, is VERY likely a drain ship that does have 2 or more flow capacitor skills.

Not to mention MOST deflectors give flow capacitor bonuses (drain ships would certainly load one).

On this arena you lose.. your 2 consoles are countered by his consoles and then the deflector bonus wins over your deflector. VoQuv has a minor advantage in drain bonus over you at this point.

And finally, he is pitting 4 wings of drain drones plus a siphon or tyken's rift against your ship.

IF it was just the siphon it wouldnt be that big of a deal since the drain would not be that big.

However, VoQuv is using pets against you. A deployable weapon... or a console slot for all purposes.

You lose.

Next time equip tractor repulsors. They destroy drain drones and small fighters faster than the carriers can launch them. You can also use emg power to- doffs to gain power bonuses to counter it.

The drain setups have already been hit very hard and they are nothing compared to the effectiveness they were before. He beat you with science... and you're here complaining that he beat you without using guns.
    edited August 2012

VoQuv is a carrier. Science ship for all purposes. He is sure to have 6 points or more in flow capacitors.

Next time equip tractor repulsors. They destroy drain drones and small fighters faster than the carriers can launch them.

to point 1 carrier is automaticly a scie?:confused:
    i am taktik and love carrier playing;)

to point 2 tractor repulsor=counter drones

i can spam wings ~2 sec cooldown so what your repulsor brings?:confused:

that shows me you never play carriers. xD
  • kattarnkattarn Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Now that aside, you are then pitting 2 consoles that give each less than 1 capt. point equivalent of skill ... against what again, is VERY likely a drain ship that does have 2 or more flow capacitor skills.

Not to mention MOST deflectors give flow capacitor bonuses (drain ships would certainly load one).

On this arena you lose.. your 2 consoles are countered by his consoles and then the deflector bonus wins over your deflector. VoQuv has a minor advantage in drain bonus over you at this point.

And finally, he is pitting 4 wings of drain drones plus a siphon or tyken's rift against your ship.

IF it was just the siphon it wouldnt be that big of a deal since the drain would not be that big.

However, VoQuv is using pets against you. A deployable weapon... or a console slot for all purposes.

You lose.

Next time equip tractor repulsors. They destroy drain drones and small fighters faster than the carriers can launch them. You can also use emg power to- doffs to gain power bonuses to counter it.

The drain setups have already been hit very hard and they are nothing compared to the effectiveness they were before. He beat you with science... and you're here complaining that he beat you without using guns.

First of all im not complaining im asking, second i cant equip repulsors i have 2 science slots and one is for TSS, 3 he dont kill me i was killed by their team mates and 4 if he countered my insulators i can live with that but i guess the drain should be at least less severe.
  • daratdarat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    If his team killed you, what was your team doing?
    edited August 2012
    darat wrote: »
    If his team killed you, what was your team doing?

All in respawn
  • mehenmehen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012

You lose.

Here's an even simplified reason:

Energy siphon and Tyken's Rift are worthless in PvP because of the skill bonuses from Power Insulators. However, the siphon pods are not balanced properly, hence they will nuke your power levels even if you are an engineer with your abilities activated. Yes, they are that good. And no, it has nothing to do with science powers or anything else. So bring FaW, repulsors, whatever, and pray to G-d you can kill those pods before they suck your ship dry.
  • cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    lostmoony wrote: »
    to point 1 carrier is automaticly a scie?:confused:
    i am taktik and love carrier playing;)

to point 2 tractor repulsor=counter drones

i can spam wings ~2 sec cooldown so what your repulsor brings?:confused:

that shows me you never play carriers. xD

1- VoQuv, Atrox and Karfi are science ships. They have Cmdr science stations.

It shows you don't understand the difference between captain type and ship type.

2- The only way to drain a ship dry is to have all 4 wings on target. The drone drain effect is cumulative so if you kill one wing the wing that replaces it will take 10~20s to drain the amount the previous wing did. Thus you cannot 'spam' drain drones if they keep being killed as their drain effect is not constant.

...but if you knew anything about carriers you'd know this.
  • daratdarat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    All in respawn

No, I asked where your ~team~ was, not where your group was.

It appears to me, you were beaten by a team that had each member fill a particular role, and those people were geared and skilled for that role.
    edited August 2012
    1- VoQuv, Atrox and Karfi are science ships. They have Cmdr science stations.

It shows you don't understand the difference between captain type and ship type.

you in right i dont understand that you call all carrier scie ship, whats the differenz capt type/ ship type?
    edited August 2012
    darat wrote: »
    No, I asked where your ~team~ was, not where your group was.

It appears to me, you were beaten by a team that had each member fill a particular role, and those people were geared and skilled for that role.

Although i dont saw they were of the same fleet i noticed that if one of my group was attacked by the Vo'quo basically he was dead seconds later or just whe RSP wear of.

Also it was a pug we dont have a focus and the only one that was giving heals away was me
    so basically we were suited to die fast, maybe some scatter or more AoE could turn the situation more stable.

So dont get me wrong, i play ocasionally with my fed, i do prefer pvp with my klingon and spend the most of the time with him, but if those power drones do that kind of drains and cant be countered by powers or skill and the only way to survive them is kill them under my point of view they are a too much of a threat, i wonder what can do a group of 2 Vo'quo with the same set up and also i guess a group of 5 would be unkilable y see no reason to fly another ship in order to win.