test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who is online panel missing, only for me?

g8472hgg8472hg Member Posts: 39 Arc User
In the past there was a friends panel on the home screen of STO. And in case of I logged in, I saw who is online from my friendlist.

It is disappeared for me some months ago, but still missing. Is there any possibility to get this info back somehow? (of course without logging into the game)

And my other question is that, how can I filter out the none Sto messages from rss?

Thanks,

G8472
Post edited by g8472hg on

Comments

• attilio87attilio87 Member Posts: 264 Media Corps
    edited August 2012
    You can't get the friend list back, they took away that feature along with reading your mail through the site.

As for the RSS, I don't use it so I'm not sure, but from my experience with RSS feeds you can't filter out news. Maybe someone else has a better answer for this though.
    attilio.png
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    g8472hg wrote: »
    And my other question is that, how can I filter out the none Sto messages from rss?

If your RSS reader can filter on the Category, "STO News" should be on all the STO posts.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Oh; and one way to get your "friends online" capability back would be to set up an XMPP client:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=159864

If you're not signed up for Tribble, don't forget to do that step first. (It's in the post.)

I personally use Pidgin for this; that's not an endorsement, it's just that I know it works. If you have a favorite XMPP (Jabber) client, it'll probably work too.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • g8472hgg8472hg Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Thank you very much ,it is great solution for my problem to see my friends.