test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Since we got the +1 sov, how about a +1 neg'var?

jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
The neg'var is a great ship but id like to see one with a lil bit more tactical layout. Since the sov got a wide arc torpedo it could have a wide arc dual heavy disruptor cannon 90 degree arc x2 acc mod. Same boff and console layout as the Sov +1. The negvar console could be a heavy barrage console that is similar to cannon rapid fire but instead increases all weapon fire rates by 20% and dmg by 10% for 10-15 seconds.

Give it the Reagent negvar skin from DS9, with the underslung cannons.

What do you guys think?
Post edited by jtoney3448 on

Comments

• tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Can't see the harm in a +1 Neg', that said I'm not fond on the bonuses suggested (people tend to make ships they want a touch OP) but I like the idea of that particular model for a +1 skin.
  • badname834854badname834854 Member Posts: 1,186 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    In the words of The renown philosopher Tupac Shakur:

"Negh'Var, please!"
  • areikou#8990 areikou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So, the Regent got a farting cloud console, and you want a rapid fire console for a negh`var?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
    is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Negh'var too mucho

Vor'cha or K'Tinga with more TAC would be cooler.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    +1 Sove??? Is just a Excelsior re skin that cost more than entire games!

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • kattarnkattarn Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    LOL there are a fleet version of negh'var, k't'inga, and vor'cha, what we need is a kar'fi or guramba refit :D
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    kattarn wrote: »
    LOL there are a fleet version of negh'var, k't'inga, and vor'cha, what we need is a kar'fi or guramba refit :D
    true, the fleet versions are better, but the Regent is essentially a re-skin, with slightly different Boff seating... the +1 Negh'var would be similair ;)

+1 for this :D
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I wouldnt even call it a +1.... it has the same stats as the normal Sovie.... its a +.5 at best.
  • dradymdradym Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    agreed, there needs to be a VA ship of each class in the game. EVEN THE MIRANDA!
  • jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    im amazed by how hung up people are on the +1, for referance Devs call them that thus i used their own term. Weither it is or isnt is a seperate discussion from the topic i proposed.

And no i dont want an OP ship, like it even matters at this point since seems the devs threw balance out the window head first.

Tac focused negvar is all im looking for, and seems people want it. What its console and weapon should be is part of the discussion. Since the sov skin is called the Regant, the neg'var skin of the regant ship from DS9 could be called the Sov. Kinda like a mirror universe aspect.
  • misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    jtoney3448 wrote: »
    im amazed by how hung up people are on the +1, for referance Devs call them that thus i used their own term. Weither it is or isnt is a seperate discussion from the topic i proposed.

And no i dont want an OP ship, like it even matters at this point since seems the devs threw balance out the window head first.

Tac focused negvar is all im looking for, and seems people want it. What its console and weapon should be is part of the discussion. Since the sov skin is called the Regant, the neg'var skin of the regant ship from DS9 could be called the Sov. Kinda like a mirror universe aspect.

They are "hung up" because you used the wrong term for the ship.
    The term +1 (plus one) was applied to ships like the Rhode Island, Venture etc.
    Those are +1 ships because the have +1 console slot and/or +1 BO slot (either additional or larger) compared to their non C-Store counterparts.

That's why they are +1, not because they are just different but have in total number the same BO and console slots like the Regent has compared to the regular Sovereign.
    The error is you using the wrong term for the wrong thing.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    A +1 Negh'var would make sense.

but... i'd already be happy with a 180? Torp launcher for the KDF, just for balance reasons.
    Could be a Photon launcher instead of quantum for all i care...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • derekslidederekslide Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The Regent is not actually a +1 ship. It's basically a retrofit, similar to the defiant, Galaxy-R and Intrepid. The Excelsior is practically the same ship... without the Metreon Gas and Torp, of course.

Wouldn't mind seeing a Negh'var Retrofit though, would be awesome!
    edited August 2012
    kattarn wrote: »

True, but those 3 fleet ships are still basically healers, a tac heavy cruiser is what the OP is asking for, it doesn't exist in the KDF arsenal.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• targpetz101targpetz101 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    True, but those 3 fleet ships are still basically healers, a tac heavy cruiser is what the OP is asking for, it doesn't exist in the KDF arsenal.

Ya. it doesn't exist due to the Battle cruisers equiping cannons. It's been a demand for a ltCom Tac slot on a BC since the Excelsior was released, but since Geko considers that Op, unlikely to happen.

Don't get me wrong, I want one too!
    [SIGPIC]This is not as good as it used to be...[/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    Ya. it doesn't exist due to the Battle cruisers equiping cannons. It's been a demand for a ltCom Tac slot on a BC since the Excelsior was released, but since Geko considers that Op, unlikely to happen.

Ahhh, I get it now. The Fleet K'Tinga is looking better every minute.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

edited August 2012

Which doesnt make any sense, i have a d'kora. I run all DHC and turrets on it with scatter volley 2 and rapid fire. The dkora also gets a massive load of good bonus from its battle mode, + it now is on par with fleet ships in terms of health and shields.

With the +energy dmg its like having an extra energy console, +projectile dmg is like having a torpedo console, +turn rate is like having a RCS console. And it already has 10 console slots, and 2 other abilities.

In what way do the devs think having LTC tac would be op just cause you can equip DHC lol. A "refit/retrofit/+1" neg'var whatever one wants to call it wouldnt have any of that stuff.

/Sigh

I swear the devs have no concept of logic.

"Ambassador is to similar to the galaxy so we dont want to confuse the players, btw there will be a T4 galaxy, a T5 galaxy, A T4 Galaxy Venture, and a Fleet galaxy class!"

/Facepalm
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Old joke but, here you go!
    edited August 2012
    Which doesnt make any sense, i have a d'kora. I run all DHC and turrets on it with scatter volley 2 and rapid fire. The dkora also gets a massive load of good bonus from its battle mode, + it now is on par with fleet ships in terms of health and shields.

With the +energy dmg its like having an extra energy console, +projectile dmg is like having a torpedo console, +turn rate is like having a RCS console. And it already has 10 console slots, and 2 other abilities.

In what way do the devs think having LTC tac would be op just cause you can equip DHC lol. A "refit/retrofit/+1" neg'var whatever one wants to call it wouldnt have any of that stuff.

/Sigh

I swear the devs have no concept of logic.

"Ambassador is to similar to the galaxy so we dont want to confuse the players, btw there will be a T4 galaxy, a T5 galaxy, A T4 Galaxy Venture, and a Fleet galaxy class!"

/Facepalm

its only OP if the feds dont get one too
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

edited August 2012
    nynik wrote: »
    Old joke but, here you go!

Ill take 2 but only if it shoots rainbow colored laser beams from its eyes and fires natnip missles that explode like giant bags of cat litter on impact.
  • synthscanner#2101 synthscanner Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well it makes sense with the addition of the Sovvy +1 I suppose... but I still want a K'Vort-class Bird-of-Prey. :(
  • targpetz101targpetz101 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Which doesnt make any sense, i have a d'kora.
    /Facepalm

Did you realize that you made sense of that situation the moment you said D'kora? ie lockbox ship.

You might have bought it off the exchange for 50mEC, and opened no boxes yourself, BUT there is someone that bought 100+ keys, ie spent $125+ dollars to get one and didn't get one...

Some people have loads of money that they are willing to throw into the game so they don't have to grind for anything, and they paid for your power.
    [SIGPIC]This is not as good as it used to be...[/SIGPIC]
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You know if Cryptic was to introduce a +1 Negh'Var or an Negh'var Refit, that ship easily could be the Voodeih-class.

Those who don't know, the Voodeih were the original Negh'var design that was used in TNG: All Good Things. And since All Good Things was in the future in the STO timeframe, then Cryptic could put in the Voodeih-class.

There you go, 2 birds with 1 stone. Getting one of the few canonical ships in the game, and at the same time Klingons get a new ship.
    edited August 2012
    You know if Cryptic was to introduce a +1 Negh'Var or an Negh'var Refit, that ship easily could be the Voodeih-class.

Those who don't know, the Voodeih were the original Negh'var design that was used in TNG: All Good Things. And since All Good Things was in the future in the STO timeframe, then Cryptic could put in the Voodeih-class.

There you go, 2 birds with 1 stone. Getting one of the few canonical ships in the game, and at the same time Klingons get a new ship.

Ya got me all excited, until I noticed you didn't say VoDleh class.
    27758_1.jpg
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Ya got me all excited, until I noticed you didn't say VoDleh class.

Meh, same ship just different spelling. Like Kronos or Qo'nos. :P

Never know, Cryptic might give it a new name altogether. ;)
  • danielpenfolddanielpenfold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012

What's wrong with that i see nothing wrong with it
    Azurianstar...
    I'm so happy :D
  • aveldraaveldra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I like the Fleet Vor'cha, the stats are just awesome, it would be cool to have that on a negh'var though. The Vor'cha just feels too small to be a ship that's on the weight class as a sov and other cruisers.
    edited August 2012

Not quite, the Voodeih-class is a variant of a negh'Var, the VoDleH is the predecessor of the Vor'Cha
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• velzandarvelzandar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yes please, I mentioned this the other day to my fleet. I'd love a +1 or retrofit Negh'var.

Don't care to much what consoles or whatnot it comes with, I just want a more tactical oriented layout.