test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tour the Universe- 3mil EC's?

thesaxladthesaxlad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Hi,

This is just a clarification for me, ive seen that someone mentioned that you could get over 3mil ec's on the tour the universe event.

However even if you get through all the sector blocks its only 350k at the end of it. Am I Missing something?

Thanks
In game addy @thesaxlad invites for STF's and PUG PvP's welcome :)
Post edited by thesaxlad on

Comments

• Options
    daratdarat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Repeat the path as many times as possible during the event time.
    The faster you do it, the more times you can do it, the more EC you can get.

Addendum: I don't know the fastest way to complete it, have never done it.
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    However even if you get through all the sector blocks its only 350k at the end of it. Am I Missing something?

The trick is only to do certain sectors then restart the mission. There are a few guides on how to do it most effectively.
  • Options
    jjumetleyjjumetley Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It's not possible to get 3 million EC out of Tour the Universe. You can do three laps easy, maybe four if you don't make a single mistake and if somebody gives you diplomatic immunity.

edit
    Unless there's some kind of a special way as fraghul suggests. Haven't heard of it though.
  • Options
    levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I don't think 3 million is possible - but since the EC is awarded when you complete the sector then you don't have to do the whole mission - you can avoid a sector block and get say 300k then drop the mission - head back and get it again

with Excel transwarp cooldown console + astrometric doff you can bring the transwarp time down to 5 or 6 min from 15 min - you also could pick a mission and use it as a transwarp to the most optinal place

With Max Driver coil + borg eng + Diplo Imunity + Raiding Party(KDF) + slipstream takes you to warp 39.9 - a critical on the doff mission for the driver coil = warp 42.4

Under these conditions I have done the full tour 7 times easy - but the biggest problem is the load time to get back into ESD

so 7 x 350 = $2.45 million - so after all $3M maybe possible - but usually with the load times the most I could do is 6 or $2.1 million

Still it's 1 hour of hectic racing - cutting every corner real tight - using slipstream at the right time - I don't bother with it any more

But evryone should be able to do 4 or $1.4 million - a 15 min turn around is possible for everyone
  • Options
    danielpenfolddanielpenfold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yes you are able to get to do it for times if you do not get lost or make a mistake ok.:D
    I'm so happy :D
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Next tour that I am on I will run one and cut out 1 sector block - so 300k and let you know what the turn around is - probably will skip going north - so:

Out of ESD - into reg - south into Pi Canis - across - duck into KDf space - straight run through EtA to the transition to Orillies - duck down into Beta - (would be in Cardassia sector - quick cut into Bajor sector - back full speed into Zeta - Zeta to Alpha tri - to just into the last sector - north into Beta again to get the last sector - back into Siruis in orion sector - down to the tranwarp gate to Gamma- into Pelia and back to ESD

Now this was not my normal route - just taking it off the top of my head so It would take me some tweeking
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    do you have to reset the mission with jay kim every time?
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/mightybob2000/4589dfgh3798/BetterTourRoute.jpg

Edit - looks like 200k per run (4 sectors) and looks fairly quick per run
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    so that gives you 100,000 ec every 5 minutes? so equals 3mill at the end of it?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    thesaxlad wrote: »
    do you have to reset the mission with jay kim every time?

yes you do - at ESD - which as I said is the biggest slow down of the whole thing - several times I have been waiting up to 5 min+ to load ESD
  • Options
    danielpenfolddanielpenfold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Why have you been waiting?
    I'm so happy :D
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Why have you been waiting?

Loading into ESD takes time - on times when there are 100's of people trying to load ESD the load screan takes forever
  • Options
    beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Suggestion: Try going to the Academy, then beam up to ESD rather than loading ESD directly.
    edited August 2012
    Yeah, I never beam directly from my ship to ESD anymore. I always beam down to the Academy and THEN to ESD; much faster.
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    thesaxlad wrote: »
    Hi,

This is just a clarification for me, ive seen that someone mentioned that you could get over 3mil ec's on the tour the universe event.

Thanks

Probably just a zero.
This discussion has been closed.