test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mine Enemy Still Has Bugs

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
Some of which revolve around the Romulan Guard in the mine. Some speculate it is the diplomatic option, that bugs the kill count for hostile Romulans.

Others don't get the cut scene, others can't hail the last moon, and so on and so forth.

For me...I'm in the group that gets 3/4 hostiles killed....literally all day I've been trying to do this mission ONCE, let alone all my characters.

Any comments from Cryptic?
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    "Shoots Romulan Analyst

Analyst, "Let me see your clearance."
    edited February 2011
    I have the exact same problem. 1 hostile Romulan missing. Hey Cryptic, want to get off your TRIBBLE and fix this? :confused:
    edited February 2011
    got the same issue...but instead of it giving me credit for 3 out of 4...i got credit for 1 out of four
    edited February 2011
    None of the options for NON-violence are working for me.
    edited February 2011
    I just completely got off STO and waited about 10 min the mine portion reset, I didn't talk to the Romulan miner at all and ran into the other room and shot up all the other Romulans..then that miner was annoying so I killed him, then the mission SO FAR is going well.
    edited February 2011
    There's also a problem with the Engineer "Quiz" optional objectives during Query in the Quarry (where you have to gather 3 drill parts)

The rotating "answers" button was unresponsive to clicks unless I spammed the button, and would get a random response doing this.

Same problem last week on the rotating "code" (before I found the optional master code) and during Qs event with his Quiz questions (which I bet were also "rotating" behind the scene in the same way)
    edited February 2011
    The rotating "answers" button was unresponsive to clicks unless I spammed the button, and would get a random response doing this.

Agreed, this interface was idiotic, especially when it would have been easy to add multiple response buttons like THEY NORMALLY DO.

Hey Cryptic, whaty the f*** were you thinking?
    edited February 2011
    Shame I feel for ya because its a great episode. I did play it fine, you gota try again and pay attention to what your doing, in some missions it is possible to go ahead of the objectives and leave yourself with the means to complete them.
    edited February 2011
    Zypher2011 wrote:
    Shame I feel for ya because its a great episode. I did play it fine, you gota try again and pay attention to what your doing, in some missions it is possible to go ahead of the objectives and leave yourself with the means to complete them.

I agree, the mission is awesome aside from technical snafus - and I guess its hard to test them and keep them a secret. They'll have them fixed by monday or tuesday, so its only those of us who play them on release that deal with the major issues.
    edited February 2011

I must admit im a little confused by that side of it myself.

As far as diplomatic rank goes all my characters are the same, yet in the dialogue with the mine guard some got more diplomacy choices than others and inveitably it would come to a dialogue loop when the only option was to offend the guard and kill him and as a result everyone else. Same with the romulan women in the jail.

If the diplomatic dialogue options were tied purely to diplomatic rank then why are some of my characters getting more diplomatic choices than others when they are all the same diplomatic rank..? its very odd.
    edited February 2011
    Ah, good to know other people are stuck on the hostile Romulans part and not just me. It doesn't seem to count the last kill so the mission just sticks there and can't be completed. I've tried leaving and going back in and dropping and restarting the mission. Can't seem to get past that part though. I suppose I'll have to wait for a fix.
    edited February 2011
    I think the part where you talk to the commander has the text for the KDF side on the Fed mission. I am only an attache' diplomat, so I *ONLY* had the option to yell "ENOUGH OF YOUR LIES" which is EXACTLY what a Klingon would yell at a smart-mouthed Romulan.

Not a Starfleet officer, though.

So I think the text is swapped, or bugged. Any KDF noticing "nice" options at that point?
    edited February 2011
    I too got stuck on 3/4 Romulan groups. Dropping the mission, logging out, logging back in, and taking it again fixed it. Still had to start the mission over, but it did let me continue at least...
    edited February 2011
    You dont have to start over on the mission.

Just leave the mission for like 15 minutes and it will reset the mine, and you can "continue" the Digging section with the guard and romulans respawned.

Just don't talk to him this time and blast him and then continue on to kill the rest inside.
    edited February 2011
    I too am finding that it seems the non-violent negotiations are all broken. The one lone guard outside the 'restricted area' I talked to. He said he didn't like me. I followed that up and it just looped back to the beginning. In the end, I didn't kill him, I just left and walked in.

The part of beating 4 groups of hostile Romulans worked fine for me. I freed the prisoners and they all joined in to help me. We went to confront the Commander (lost all the helpers to some kind of thalaron mines -- felt sorry for them). Anyway, fight the Commander 'til she surrenders, then . . . same kind of issue trying to talk to her. I got to a point where following the non-violent option simply loops the dialog over and over. Is there no way to negotiate with these people? If so, why is there an option? Seems broken.

This was with a KDF Orion captain, if it matters.
  • sebastioncanesebastioncane Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I got as far as talking to the towns people and I can not get any further I have tried waiting and coming back, but the game still won't let me get to the part where you exchange help for information to get into the mine, hope this problem gets fixed soon
  • aarons8aarons8 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    it never will get fixed, drop the mission and restart it.. hopefully you can complete it..
    i had to play this mission like 5 times before it went all the way through.
  • waveofthefuturewaveofthefuture Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Oh what cruel irony!
This discussion has been closed.