test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Charactors you are going to make of have

stodatapiocardstodatapiocard Member Posts: 187 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Ten Forward
Hi everyone! you probobly do not know me because I was playing the tutorial for like two sec.
before my computer locked up and i had to uninstal but maybe I will get a new computer soon so anyway back to the topic.

Charactors I want to make:

Lt. Cmdr. Data
Lt. Cmdr. Jadzia Dax
Const. Odo (Changling)
Captain James Kirk
Lt. Tom Paris (only char. from voy I like besides the doctor)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by stodatapiocard on

Comments

• Options
    captrayvenwingcaptrayvenwing Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hi everyone! you probobly do not know me because I was playing the tutorial for like two sec.
    before my computer locked up and i had to uninstal but maybe I will get a new computer soon so anyway back to the topic.

Lt. Cmdr. Data
    Lt. Cmdr. Jadzia Dax
    Const. Odo (Changling)
    Captain James Kirk

No android or changlings as playable chars
    All names are off limits per the terms of service.
    You can make human and trill. Joined trill you have to purches. As for who i would make i wouldnt i like more originality in my chars.

But i do know a lot of people model their chars off chars in th show. Un fact saw one that used the face modeler to create reasonable kirk and crew look a likes
    The Account formally known as Rayvenwing
    Actual Join Date : Feb 2010

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captan2er0captan2er0 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I tried my hand at a Picard duplicate for sake of Captain Picard Day and I think I have a decent mock up there.

I do, however, have a couple of Kirk toons, but those aren't based off of TOS in any way outside of uniforms I have on one of them. I only roll with Kirk on their names where I tend to base my character and BO names off of people I know
    Signature%20Base%203%20copy.png?psid=1
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    You can make human and trill. Joined trill you have to purches. As for who i would make i wouldnt i like more originality in my chars.

But i do know a lot of people model their chars off chars in th show. Un fact saw one that used the face modeler to create reasonable kirk and crew look a likes

Thanks. you really hurt my fealings. Your someone who could have used a good mother.:mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2012

But you realize that you can just make a alien spell the name diforently and choose android as a stance.:mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    velktravelktra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You can make human and trill. Joined trill you have to purches.

Meh, I use a standard Trill, but in her biography (which is in my head at the moment), she's Joined anyway. I don't really see any reason to pay the 600 zen to get the Joined Trill.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
  • Options
    flywizflywiz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Thanks. you really hurt my fealings. Your someone who could have used a good mother.:mad:

Yeah. It happens a lot here. :D Welcome to the game :)
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited August 2012

wow.

<speechless>
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    flywiz wrote: »

LMAO ... snickers
  • Options
    carmenaracarmenara Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Lt. Cmdr. Data
    Lt. Cmdr. Jadzia Dax
    Const. Odo (Changling)
    Captain James Kirk

If you ever make those toons could you post me some screenshots?

I have seen decent Picard clones, Enterprise clones and even a very, very nice Data clone but not a convincing clone of the DS9 cast yet.

To be clear on this, no you can't play an android but you CAN make a 'humanoid alien' that looks exactly like him, down to that strangely shiny skin tone.

The dear Constable would be a bit more challenging because his face has like... no detail. Lol.

Jadzia would require you to purchase the Joined Trill playable character type.

And while we're at it how about a big lovable Ben Sisko clone :D

Ps. you may not be able to name them exactly as they are due to aforesaid copyright and name censors but you can name them -similarly-.

Just be warned there are lots and lots of Daxes out there, both male and female LOL
    STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
  • Options
    darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    velktra wrote: »
    Meh, I use a standard Trill, but in her biography (which is in my head at the moment), she's Joined anyway. I don't really see any reason to pay the 600 zen to get the Joined Trill.

It's the exclusive trait JTs get.

A cheap way to get it though is to buy a DDE (still available on Best Buy's web site for $15 as of last week). You get DDE goodies plus a month of gold time and stipend as long as you don't have a DDE already on your account (which you don't since you said that about JTs :) )

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • Options
    flywizflywiz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Exactly what carmenara said. In the roleplaying of my character, my main was gifted an android AI chip from Soong. They've been best friends ever since. So, since I'm not a 700 day vet, I made an alien humanoid, tried to make him look like an android, and it was very fun. I got pretty close, except for a few things, but, I encourage trying it out.

P.S. It's also pretty cool to have a humanoid alien, because, you can change what he looks like anytime you want. Say, one day, you don't like the look of your alien, you could change him to look like something else the next day. :D
  • Options
    velktravelktra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It's the exclusive trait JTs get.

A cheap way to get it though is to buy a DDE (still available on Best Buy's web site for $15 as of last week). You get DDE goodies plus a month of gold time and stipend as long as you don't have a DDE already on your account (which you don't since you said that about JTs :) )

I don't even remember what the trait was, but it must be something I'm not interested in having. :P

I'm not interested in going gold right now, but I might consider it in the future. Maybe. If they ever add some more content beyond the fleet stuff. I do use the dilithium exchange to get zen, but right now I'm saving up for a ship, lol.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
  • Options
    darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    velktra wrote: »
    I don't even remember what the trait was, but it must be something I'm not interested in having. :P

I'm not interested in going gold right now, but I might consider it in the future. Maybe. If they ever add some more content beyond the fleet stuff. I do use the dilithium exchange to get zen, but right now I'm saving up for a ship, lol.

Understand that. But if you are ever going to level a new character, that would be the time to do the DDE suggestion too. Then you get the bank slots, inventory slots, and all the other stuff. :D

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • Options
    samerikersameriker Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Welcome to the game and the forums stodatapiocard. The reason they won't allow an actor likeness is because they tend to sue video game companies for intellectual property rights. You can call a character Picard or Data but you cannot make him look like the actor. You can call your character Lady Gaga you still can't make it look like her.

My mom plays this game and on her Federation Captain, one of the bridge officers is Invader Zim and looks much like the cartoon character. She can do this because; Zim was a cartoon and not an real actor.

Personally I think you will have fun making up your own unique characters and not duplicating someone else.

See you around.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    carmenara wrote: »
    If you ever make those toons could you post me some screenshots?

I have seen decent Picard clones, Enterprise clones and even a very, very nice Data clone but not a convincing clone of the DS9 cast yet.

To be clear on this, no you can't play an android but you CAN make a 'humanoid alien' that looks exactly like him, down to that strangely shiny skin tone.

The dear Constable would be a bit more challenging because his face has like... no detail. Lol.

Jadzia would require you to purchase the Joined Trill playable character type.

And while we're at it how about a big lovable Ben Sisko clone :D

Ps. you may not be able to name them exactly as they are due to aforesaid copyright and name censors but you can name them -similarly-.

Just be warned there are lots and lots of Daxes out there, both male and female LOL
    Ok ill post some for ya! :) Thanks for the info!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    sameriker wrote: »
    Welcome to the game and the forums stodatapiocard. The reason they won't allow an actor likeness is because they tend to sue video game companies for intellectual property rights. You can call a character Picard or Data but you cannot make him look like the actor. You can call your character Lady Gaga you still can't make it look like her.

My mom plays this game and on her Federation Captain, one of the bridge officers is Invader Zim and looks much like the cartoon character. She can do this because; Zim was a cartoon and not an real actor.

Personally I think you will have fun making up your own unique characters and not duplicating someone else.

See you around.

Ok thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captrayvenwingcaptrayvenwing Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    But you realize that you can just make a alien spell the name diforently and choose android as a stance.:mad:

Im sorry the truth hurt your feelings. but i was not insulting to you. i was letting you know what your doing was against the companies policy and could get you banned from game.

Be glad there is not a report button anymore.
    The Account formally known as Rayvenwing
    Actual Join Date : Feb 2010

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I want to create that Trill navigator from Insurrection.
    12876-24098.jpg

Then I took an EULA to the knee.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Im sorry the truth hurt your feelings. but i was not insulting to you. i was letting you know what your doing was against the companies policy and could get you banned from game.

Be glad there is not a report button anymore.

Oh my! Im so sorry! I did not mean to be well, mean!:( Thank you so much!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Androids are easy to make.
    It's not too hard to make a changeling, smaller eyes, no eyebrows and heroic complexion adds the depth to the face, then smooth ears and receding hair. It probably won't be an Odo clone exactly but it'll be passable.
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Why make clones of existing characters? Be more interesting and weave your own tales.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    mrgig00mrgig00 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    flywiz wrote: »

Please sticky this.
  • Options
    carmenaracarmenara Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    aesica wrote: »
    Why make clones of existing characters? Be more interesting and weave your own tales.

I think that for some new players with no Star Trek RP or SIMM interests, playing an initial role in the likeness of their favourite characters can be a good starting point to "being their own Captain".

While the RPers I've met so far only copy the personality and the decision-making styles in their fanfics, there are also non-RPers who just love making their entire arsenal of alts resemble characters from the shows, for their own amusement.

It takes a lot of time to get their likeness perfectly right and the end results are worth showcasing to friends.

For several Fleets I've been in, it was a good ice-breaking activity to review movie character clones and see how close the toon's owner got to the actors' on-screen appearance.

It's also a 'sport' anyone can participate in, requiring no c-store purchase or special uniforms as the facial and physical appearance, not the uniform, are the main judging criteria.

On that note I won't mind rerolling a couple of characters and make them in the likeness of Gul Dukat's daughter and Weyoun the Vorta.

Playing Weyoun would be so much fun as his job is basically fawning for attention from Founders and entertaining Legate Damar :D
    STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ^ Hmm, fair enough. In most other games, I roll my eyes when I see people name their characters TRIBBLE they didn't come up with on their own, but in this game, I suppose it's a little bit more respectable due to the high degree of customization available. A day or so ago, I saw some guy with a dragonball z name and started to smirk until I looked more closely--he had pulled off the character look surprisingly well.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif