test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Want to see what the devs are working on? Take a look!

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    *Cruiser X*

Tac - Typhoon
    Eng - Soverign Mk II
    Sci - Vesta

*figners crossed*
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Sorry to be a bit late, but the Fleet Assault Cruiser is going to need a Tier 5 Starbase?!?
    (I shouldn't have started playing this game again ...:mad::mad::mad:)

Live long and prosper.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    yreodred wrote: »
    Sorry to be a bit late, but the Fleet Assault Cruiser is going to need a Tier 5 Starbase?!?
    (I shouldn't have started playing this game again ...:mad::mad::mad:)

Live long and prosper.

its just not available in the fleet ship yard yet. it was a tier 2 shipyard ship. it will likely be available again after the c store assault cruiser comes out.

your a star cruiser fan right? you should try to get a mirror assault cruiser, its the star cruiser skin with the assault cruiser station setup. they are available in the tholian lock boxes, and the exchange no doubt.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    per twitter by priority one from Las Vegas:
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/622344_270508223058582_458913211_o.jpg

i see a Romulan city (can't be Romulus, that's been destroyed... Rator 3 maybe?)

and a Tholian in an EV suit on the left of the picture...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    zerobang wrote: »
    per twitter by priority one from Las Vegas:
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/622344_270508223058582_458913211_o.jpg

i see a Romulan city (can't be Romulus, that's been destroyed... Rator 3 maybe?)

and a Tholian in an EV suit on the left of the picture...

Nice shot of the panal... I see Dan, then Thomas, then J Henning(?)... who's that on the end?

And why do male Star Trek Geeks always seem to be.... portly...

<snicker>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Don't hold our breath for Rator III, the RSE has figured prominently in every trailer add or what not....
  • darren0kitlordarren0kitlor Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    Nice shot of the panal... I see Dan, then Thomas, then J Henning(?)... who's that on the end?

And why do male Star Trek Geeks always seem to be.... portly...

<snicker>
    My guess:
    • Daniel Stahl (exec prod.)
    • Thomas Marronne (asset artist
    • Jesse Heinig (I forget his role: systems and content? uber-nerd?)
    • Brandon (community manager)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    My guess:
    • Daniel Stahl (exec prod.)
    • Thomas Marronne (asset artist
    • Jesse Heinig (I forget his role: systems and content? uber-nerd?)
    • Brandon (community manager)

Ahhh yes...

BranFlakes... last pic I saw of him, he had a much more styalized beard & mustache.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    edited August 2012
    Hey, ladies, gents, and every shade in and outside that paradigm:

The Neverwinter devs have worked hard on some new foundry features. Some (not all) are being ported to Star Trek Online.

(Video 1) (Video 2)

Some cool features: 3D asset previews, interior editor, UGC creator levels (called "Dungeon Master" levels in Neverwinter), etc.

Not all will make its way to STO but some of these should be a huge boost for fan content-creation.

The second video suggest content highlighting features and porting fan work to the game too, as well as a better sorting interface.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hey, ladies, gents, and every shade in and outside that paradigm:

The Neverwinter devs have worked hard on some new foundry features. Some (not all) are being ported to Star Trek Online.

(Video 1) (Video 2)

Some cool features: 3D asset previews, interior editor, UGC creator levels (called "Dungeon Master" levels in Neverwinter), etc.

Not all will make its way to STO but some of these should be a huge boost for fan content-creation.

The second video suggest content highlighting features and porting fan work to the game too, as well as a better sorting interface.

The fact that we're getting the foundry stuff is the only reason I'm looking forward to Neverwinter. :P
    edited August 2012
    Any LTS'ers actually get an Invite to Beta yet??
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Stormshade reconfirmed yesterday that beta has not yet started, nor is it close enough for him to even give possible dates yet.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=156621#post156621

If I knew more than that I would gleefully lie to you about it, but in this case, I really don't know anything else. :)
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
    edited August 2012
    syberghost wrote: »
    Stormshade reconfirmed yesterday that beta has not yet started, nor is it close enough for him to even give possible dates yet.

If I knew more than that I would gleefully lie to you about it, but in this case, I really don't know anything else. :)

I luv when ya gleefully lie to me... ... it turns me on. :P

But thanks for the tidbit anyway. :D
  • jtmarshjtmarsh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    wrong post forum
  • synthscanner#2101 synthscanner Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    syberghost wrote: »

I've been wondering about that myself, thanks for the info! :)
  • commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    kalecto wrote: »
    I've been wondering about that myself, thanks for the info! :)

I'd already pestered him on twitter about it. I can confirm it has not reached closed Beta yet.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    Maaaan, I just want to play it already. lol
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    your a star cruiser fan right? you should try to get a mirror assault cruiser, its the star cruiser skin with the assault cruiser station setup. they are available in the tholian lock boxes, and the exchange no doubt.

I Already have it for one of my characters (and a lot more of them in my bank:D), but thanks for the hint! very appreciated :)
    Sadly it's only the "normal" assault cruiser, not the refit or a possible fleet version.
    But i must say, that i love the new Regent Class, i think the model artist did a real masterpiece with it IMHO.
    And its BO layout and the Torpedo launcher are exactly what i wanted for a cruiser since i began playing STO.

Btw, why don't i get any EMail notifications, althrough i have subscribed for a thread?

Live long and prosper.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Know what I hope the devs are working on?

An explanation on why they totally effed up the Fleet DOFF vendor and exchange followed by whatever they have to do to un-eff it.

Not holding my breath thou - they knew it was coming and said it was working as intended.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'd love to know who the censor-happy moderator is. Even when not mentioning anything inappropriate, the posts are deleted.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • stormshadestormshade Member, Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    meurik wrote: »
    I'd love to know who the censor-happy moderator is. Even when not mentioning anything inappropriate, the posts are deleted.

It's me. And you are mentioning something in every post I've removed which we don't want on the forums.

Also, discussing moderation actions on the forums can result in warnings, or infractions. So please, instead of continuing to post the material we keep removing, stop posting it.

Thanks,

Stormshade
    edited August 2012
    Fine, I won't repost the image here. But i'm sure it won't stop others from posting it elsewhere. I'm sure i'm not the only one who saw it either here, or ingame.

Some heads up would've been nice, rather than just outright deleting. This is my final post on the subject.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • stof4nb0ystof4nb0y Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Are you guys talking about the Wells class?
  • koppenflakkoppenflak Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    meurik wrote: »
    Fine, I won't repost the image here. But i'm sure it won't stop others from posting it elsewhere. I'm sure i'm not the only one who saw it either here, or ingame.

Some heads up would've been nice, rather than just outright deleting. This is my final post on the subject.

I recommend checking out some of the various, and more popular fleet websites. I will not name them or tell you which ones, of course... But yeah, cat is out of the bag. No amount of sweeping under the rug is going to prevent this from spreading now. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    Sorry for the lack of activity lately. I've been extremely busy at my new job for a non-governmental organization.

I'll gather some notes and see what isn't in this thread since I last updated. Screenshots of updated foundry features and recent starbase projects are likely. :)

I'd like to mention a lot of the amazing develop interviews about Neverwinter--largely due to features either currently developing for STO or planned ones that have some base in Neverwinter itself. :)

Cheers,
    Darren Kitlor
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    koppenflak wrote: »
    I recommend checking out some of the various, and more popular fleet websites. I will not name them or tell you which ones, of course... But yeah, cat is out of the bag. No amount of sweeping under the rug is going to prevent this from spreading now. :P

Indeed. I know atleast one forum that I frequent, that already has the image. I'm sure it ain't the only one.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    stof4nb0y wrote: »

This post should be DELETED from all of Time & Space! :D
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Stormshade can silence us, but he cannot silence the mighty art of Google-fu!
  • koppenflakkoppenflak Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It's on the Internet now.

The internet...

...It is forever.

:P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    stof4nb0y wrote: »

Kill it with fire. :mad: