test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I don't know the last time I was so disappointed

sdkraustsdkraust Member Posts: 524 Arc User
I am on the edge of quitting this game. Plain and simple.

I have been playing for only a few months (Early April) but I've gotten a lot done in this game. I just cannot take this game much longer because it generates way too much stress for me, for too little of a reward.

In the past few days, I've spent nearly 50m and tons of Dilithium on Lock Box keys, because I have nothing better to do then Suicide sell all of my Purple Doffs that I've earned up. I have no real desire to play this game, there is no real end game besides STFs for me without spending money. On top of that without a heavy chunk of Lock Boxes or joining a Fleet that doesn't hate my guts (Or my decision of joining one that's really good and I respect them) I have no way to get anything new for my main.

Instead of grinding 24K Dilithium a day and a few million EC I don't have the patience to hold on to (Because like all MMOs there is no risk factor in burning your money, and little desire for the 5% min/max gear boost that comes with Very Rare Mk XII) I am just going to quit this game. No reason to waste my time on something that's not getting any better.
Post edited by sdkraust on

Comments

• thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have left, literally, hundreds of games over the last 10-12 years. Some I have returned to and liked more, some I only periodically return to and sample, some I never return to. That's just the nature of MMO gaming - and why there's hundreds of different MMOs to play. Game burnout is about as common as nerd rage on a forum.

Take a break, play something else. Gaming's your hobby so find games you enjoy playing - even if that means playing several different ones. The beauty of FTP games is that you can come and go at your pleasure - and make yourself temporarily happy and frustrated all over again. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Sadly I quit threads are against the rules round here ...

So ...

http://i.imgur.com/6Lwq5.gif
  • sdkraustsdkraust Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    hippiejon wrote: »
    Sadly I quit threads are against the rules round here ...

So ...

http://i.imgur.com/6Lwq5.gif

Oh another thing I don't like about this game, Opinions only matter if they're not against the game.

And I agree with the Burnout thing so badly. I am still looking for the jem that won't burn me out.
  • sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sdkraust wrote: »
    Oh another thing I don't like about this game, Opinions only matter if they're not against the game.

And I agree with the Burnout thing so badly. I am still looking for the jem that won't burn me out.

Not really. I'm sure there are those who share your boredom.

It's just nobody cares.

Sorry bro, you are not a unique and beautiful snowflake.

If it's sucking for you, then come back next season and if it still sucks then, play solitaire.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
    edited August 2012
    It's just nobody cares.
    As sucky as it sounds, that statement is unfortunately true. One stranger, out of 100,000+ FTP strangers, is bored with the game. People have enough trouble dealing with their own emotional investments to worry about a stranger's. Worrying about strangers' emotional investments is what we have reality TV for. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • travelingmastertravelingmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Not really. I'm sure there are those who share your boredom.

It's just nobody cares.

Sorry bro, you are not a unique and beautiful snowflake.

If it's sucking for you, then come back next season and if it still sucks then, play solitaire.

Wait, we aren't all unique and beautiful snowflakes?! :(

EDIT: To the OP. . .I recommend looking into PvP. You don't have to get pay-to-win gear in order to succeed. I'm doing nicely enough (in Ker'rat, at least) with a Hegh'ta that's carrying NO C-store consoles or gear. I'm pretty darn sure you can be competitive with other ships using gear you get by grinding STFs or EC.
    My PvP toon is Krov, of The House of Snoo. Beware of my Hegh'ta of doom.
  • dknight0001dknight0001 Member Posts: 1,542
    edited August 2012
    Don't play this game for two weeks. After that if your thinking about it come back and play it, if your not look for something new.

If your not playing for fun, quit.

Everything in this game is both 100% free and costs real money. Real Money is used to speed up the time it takes to get things.

Never spend a cent, but want the new ship, you can grind Dilithium to get the Zen that way but it will take forever.
    I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001. :confused:
    If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
    When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
  • jasonstarcruiserjasonstarcruiser Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I am coming back to play STO after had celebrate the 2nd Anniversary (Which was very cool, great job Dev) but I found I was having problems with Disconnects and just got burnt out.

So I agree with everyone that says... take a few months break, play something else and U come back, just don't expect too much.

But too all the flamers and unsympathetic, I think it is rude that you don't at least support the guy. That's why people come to the forum to get help to get through the tough stuff spots and frustrations that come with gaming, duh!!
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited August 2012
    You would be very welcome in my fleet. Let us put back your faith in fleets :D

Sorry to see you go if you do decide to leave. Despite this games major failings, it is still worth fighting for...
  • maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm in the unsympathetic category too, if that makes me rude, so be it.
    The fact is that there are many different ways to play the game with different types of characters with different types of skills. The game is actually extremely multidimensional if you take the time to look. There is no reason why anyone should be sitting in an end game character crying about having nothing to do. It's not a career, not a lifestyle, it's a freakin game, if you've played through one way, then start over and try a different way.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • rankin0bassrankin0bass Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sdkraust wrote: »

That's not the reason for the rule. People can still complain about the game, it's just that 'I quit' threads usually don't end up being very constructive.
  • kyeto13kyeto13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Send me all your Gear!!! @kyeto13!!!
    Live on Earth. Work in Space. Play with Dragons. Join the best add on to STO, the Neverwinter holodeck program! Only 14 GPL a month.
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Indeed there are a lot of nice people in fleets out there, just float around until you find one you like. Like darkenzedd has offered, you're welcome in my fleet(s) as well.

As for others, I find the game is a bit lacking with end-game content, I fear this is how it's going to be, from what I have seen about season 7, it seems invasion zones like Nukara and Deferi are to be the new content. Pretty boring for me, same over and over I'd rather play the same mission countless times over an invasion zone.

However if invasion zones are the future of this game with no new story missions I don't think I will be around for much longer myself either. SWTOR goes F2P in November, might check that out and jump ship if Cryptic doesn't pick it's act up, especially in terms of the KDF.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The "Can I Have Your Stuff?" line seriously does not work in an MMO where everything decent is Bind To Character, and as of last week, some is Bind To Account.

No. You can't have his stuff, even if he wanted to give it to you.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

edited August 2012
    rickpaaa wrote: »
    The "Can I Have Your Stuff?" line seriously does not work in an MMO where everything decent is Bind To Character, and as of last week, some is Bind To Account.

Most people's stuff is quite useless - as we can, basically, all get the same stuff - but someone can always find uses for Lockbox Keys, Lockbox Items, ECs, etc.
  • jadonovanjadonovan Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    rickpaaa wrote: »

Good thing the line isn't supposed to be taken seriously? Unless I'm losing the meaning of a joke...

...but can I have your stuffz?
  • kattarnkattarn Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    While i don?t a gree with all the OP i agree whit more STF?s like the borgs ones where teamwork is key, fleet actions as OP states are no STF for me, im talking about themed STFs tholian, Bren, Dominion Undine Cardy themed STFs would be a sweet addition to the game tbh.