test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

about the klingon side...

startrek1234567startrek1234567 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
I really want the klingon side to be completed i will justs ay that first before i start.

Im kinda thinking that the klingon side is moving along slowely is because Star Trek was never from the klingons point of view so we have very little information on the ships they used and the missions they did so were pretty much making up most of the klingon side unlike the fed side(even though on fed side we did make up some consols and ships). Maybe also because its going slow is because Star Trek was never based off klingons(which is diffrent than what i said earlier) it was really all about the crew of the Enterprises,voyager,and defiant(or what ever the ship was called in ds9 series) again NOT the klingons even know they were in the series.

I came in the game after the klingon side was created and i think now knowing that the team is having trouble focusing on the klingon side a bit more that the klingon side should never have been created even know i do love it. But now that its here and i still love the klingon side i think it should be completed.

All that is just my thoughts....what are yours?
Post edited by startrek1234567 on

Comments

• Options
    philo5oraptorphilo5oraptor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I really want the klingon side to be completed i will justs ay that first before i start.

Im kinda thinking that the klingon side is moving along slowely is because Star Trek was never from the klingons point of view so we have very little information on the ships they used and the missions they did so were pretty much making up most of the klingon side unlike the fed side(even though on fed side we did make up some consols and ships).

This logic is completely invalid because the entire storyline of STO is totally new, and pretty much every ship has a completely new variant that they made from scratch. The problem is not Cryptic's creativity.
    Maybe also because its going slow is because Star Trek was never based off klingons(which is diffrent than what i said earlier) it was really all about the crew of the Enterprises,voyager,and defiant(or what ever the ship was called in ds9 series) again NOT the klingons even know they were in the series.

Now you are pretty much just stating the obvious, and repeating what many people have said before you. Yes, it is true that the story of Trek is mainly focused on the Feds, and because of that the majority of Trek fans want to play a Fed main.
    I came in the game after the klingon side was created and i think now knowing that the team is having trouble focusing on the klingon side a bit more that the klingon side should never have been created even know i do love it. But now that its here and i still love the klingon side i think it should be completed.

Yes, the KDF *should* be completed. The problem is Cryptic bit off more than they can chew and they cant actually do it.
  • Options
    praghaspraghas Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Every KDF player wants the Klingon side completed, with less bugs and more content, as evident, unlikely to happen. Personally I think if it was done right the KDF could have many more players than the Feds, but its not done right, so it will never happen.
    Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.
  • Options
    hawks3052hawks3052 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I would love a completed KDF for a long time, regretably Cryptic is the wrong company for a Star Trek MMO. They tried to make a game with small team and thought ST Fans would be easily foiled by their colorfull statetment of faction development. This has not happened since many KDF players are still outspeaking their dopinion for Cryptics development.

This has done nothing to change Cryptics mind. They are treating the KDF populance as second class customers and players since release.
  • Options
    kylesal24kylesal24 Member Posts: 312
    edited August 2012
    Yep, every KDF player wants it finished. But it is not going to happen for a long time if it happens at all.

Just because the series were from the fed side does not mean that there is nothing known about the KDF.

Kyle
    Delta Fleet Command
  • Options
    lirvaevoli07lirvaevoli07 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    haven't played the game yet still downloading it but are there multiple story lines you can choose from depending on what race you choose?
  • Options
    praghaspraghas Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    haven't played the game yet still downloading it but are there multiple story lines you can choose from depending on what race you choose?

No and most of the KDF's missions are just copy/paste from the Federation missions. Also you can't start playing as the KDF faction, have to get a Fed to 24 or 25 first, which is also lame. Very lame.
    Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    On the history of mmo's the kdf is the worst playable faction.
    Yes cryptic would like to fix it but no, they won't.
    They also won't officially say they will never do it because they can say "you never know" and snicker. Even if the kdf population wasn't 2 percent or whatever and raised to 40% they still wouldn't do it.
    Cryptic cannot do story content like they used to. They don't "have the resources" and there is no profit in it for them.
    I understand it. I accept it.
    Just never forget that this is what they do.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?