test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

fleet starbases...and no where to hold meetings

dradymdradym Member Posts: 38 Arc User
we need a lounge or conference room or great hall with chairs and tables, otherwise what really is the point of hanging out in our starbase? and i would really not like to have to spend MONTHS of grinding with everyone in my fleet to get one...if its a high-tier unlock, or if it has to be bought through the zenstore

just my 2c, im sure someone is working on it ?>.> <.<?
Post edited by dradym on

Comments

• Options
    switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I made a request for similar in my Starbase Request Thread. Post #3 I asked for a room like we saw in Kirk's Trial/Promotion in the new movie.
  • Options
    suricattasuricatta Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    There is a conferance room area unlock, images of it have been posted on the forums (can't be bothered to findthem right now). That circular area that is raised up in the middle wall of the ops area, thats where the tables and chairs will appear (along with starships on the wall)
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    We have most meetings in the ready room but there aren't many of us
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    anelkanelk Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You guys must be federation... I have 2 fed char also but I don't play them very much.
    I have seen the federation starbase tho and I can see your point.
    To me, the federation starbase feels like a hospital. Not at all cosy and definately doesn't feel like a meeting hub the way you would expect.
    What I find most odd with the federation fleetbase tho is that the area where the ferengi bartender and a counter (round circular ... thing) is located - has no seating around it. :confused:

KDF fleet base have the bar in a room with chairs and tables and a big open fireplace.
    It looks very much like an actual dining area.
    This room serve my KDF fleet very well for our fleet meetings and has been available since day 1 of season 6 and the starbase first opened it's docking bay and transporter room.
    No need to unlock stuff.

A proper conference room would of course be ideal, and I agree, it should be tehre from day one of Tier 1 base, not later and not requiring a bunch of long timewasting projects either.
    A meeting room is about first thing built in any organisation HQ and should be on a starbase as well. :P
  • Options
    switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    suricatta wrote: »
    There is a conferance room area unlock, images of it have been posted on the forums (can't be bothered to findthem right now). That circular area that is raised up in the middle wall of the ops area, thats where the tables and chairs will appear (along with starships on the wall)

That's what? Six people? Eight People? I've seen it on the mini-map since Starbases came out (along with the Starfleet logo in the transporter room and the Dance floor upstairs by the bar. Looks like they have just forgotten they placed them in the wrong elevation.
  • Options
    thibashthibash Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think if you keep up the requests, at some point they may get added as featured projects. I doubt we've seen even half of what's in store for starbases, and there's plenty of room to add more.

Good suggestions might even inspire the designers to add stuff. So yeah, I second this. A fleet leader's office on the Ops deck would be nice too.