Install Arc

Alt+Tab = Constant Crashing

Exactly what the title says :(
Post edited by onlineangel on

Comments

• leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Exactly what the title says :(

Had this issue forever until I stopped playing in fullscreen mode and started playing with a maximized window. Which is the same but with a bit less color contrast.

The devs and QA team don't play with sound enabled and play in windowed mode... So good luck getting that fixed.

But you can play in windowed fullscreen mode just fine. Just not regular fullscreen mode.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The big difference there, BTW, is that you may need to up your desktop resolution.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Curious, you by happening to be running the Event Queue prior to the crash?

I've noticed that when I beam down to Qo'nos it crashes when I have the Event queue active. If you are having the crashes while you are queued, perhaps there is a connection?

If not, have you updated your video drivers? When the alt-tab crashes that were occuring shortly after Season 5 went live, someone told me this and it mostly stopped.
  • praghaspraghas Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So don't alt-tab....
    Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.
  • beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Had this issue forever until I stopped playing in fullscreen mode and started playing with a maximized window. Which is the same but with a bit less color contrast.

The devs and QA team don't play with sound enabled and play in windowed mode... So good luck getting that fixed.

But you can play in windowed fullscreen mode just fine. Just not regular fullscreen mode.

I will endsorse this. Windowed-Fullscreen doesn't crash.

But yes, you lose sound anytime its not in the foreground, although for me, the important sounds are during combat and I'm not going to switch away from the game mid-combat.
    I use to have a problem with this until I discovered, that if you use the windows key. Boom no more crashing. Which is a god send as some idiot on our fleet ts server is always sending me a PM every 5 minutes.