test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

boffs/exchange issue

dradymdradym Member Posts: 38 Arc User
edited August 2012 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
i cannot buy boffs from the exchange for some reason. it says cannot purchase at this time, try again later everytime i try to buy one. anyone else having this issue?
Post edited by dradym on

Comments

• soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Are you trying to buy Colonists? I get that message only when I reach 20 colonists. You can't carry more than 20 of them.
    If I get that message when I try to buy over 20 Colonists, I'm guessing it'd also be possible for that same message if you try to buy a doff when you are over you doff capacity. If you don't have any doff expansions unlocked, just 100 doffs can fill up really fast.
  • dradymdradym Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    no, BOFFS, not duty officers, bridge officers, and yes, i have room...just discharged 4 of them, and i need to fill those slots back up...i need 3 engineers, and 1 tactical, all purple, and all female...orions if possible, and no: ferengi, rigellians, and telarrians(tellerites?)...because i am a stickler to have as many females around as possible
    edited August 2012
    ...pretty females that is...

if you want to trade i have a few extra blues and purples mostly tacticals, mail me in game if you want, and well see if we can come to a deal: R'Zar@dradymryzar...or dradym.ryzar? dunno with the whole pw changeover thing
  • soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    dradym wrote: »
    no, BOFFS, not duty officers, bridge officers, and yes, i have room...just discharged 4 of them, and i need to fill those slots back up...i need 3 engineers, and 1 tactical, all purple, and all female...orions if possible, and no: ferengi, rigellians, and telarrians(tellerites?)...because i am a stickler to have as many females around as possible

ahh oops, my bad... only ever got that message when trying to buy doffs, never with boffs. No idea what would cause that message to come up for boffs. :(
    edited August 2012
    so i figured out what was wrong, and its not stated anywhere that i can figure out.

i had 12 boffs waiting to be assigned or dismissed, this is a limit, apparently. i heard that they are supposed to go to the inventory, but that didnt happen. i trained one of my guys, and he left, then i could buy boffs again.

sucks that theres a limit since blue boffs are completely worthless, and most of the 12 are blue, anyone may mail me and ill send em one or more for free-theyre mostly tac and sci
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    dradym wrote: »
    sucks that theres a limit since blue boffs are completely worthless, and most of the 12 are blue, anyone may mail me and ill send em one or more for free-theyre mostly tac and sci
    So why not just put your unused non-comissioned BOs into Email storage to free up space??? Problem solved...
  • kagurazaka77kagurazaka77 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So why not just put your unused non-comissioned BOs into Email storage to free up space??? Problem solved...

Can't you also commission and then discharge them for DIL? Or is that DIL value pointless?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    500 years in the future and we still look like schmucks when getting our ID photos taken...
    edited August 2012
    i havent seen any way to discharge Boffs for dil...but i have seen Doffs give you dil