test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ignore everyone in a fleet?

onlineangelonlineangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
We have a way to ignore other ppl in game...

I'd like to see a way to ignore 'ALL' members of a fleet too.

Seen a few people from the same fleets griefing STF runs, purposely.

Blowing gens on purpose, popping cubes on purpose, blowing MRIs on purpose, so you can't get the BOFF accolade... It's just a waste of my time playing with these individuals.

Cryptic please make it so
Post edited by onlineangel on

Comments

• misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    My guess would be the dentals, right?
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ignoring everyone in the same fleet isn't going to prevent you from being grouped with them in a pug in the future.

It will only really help if you use STF channels to form your own group as you will not see those fleet members "x"ing up when you call LFM in channel, however if you use STF channels and are part of a group that someone else is forming and they don't have them on ignore, you could still be teamed with them.
    misterde3 wrote: »
    My guess would be the dentals, right?

I've been grouped with members of this fleet before and have never had issues with them myself.

And your examples are not exactly griefing, they are just bad puggers.
    Barihawk.jpg
  • kobayashlmarukobayashlmaru Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Won't this suggestion put you at a serious disadvantage? It will make you look a griefer because you aren't coordinating with everyone else in the chat.
    Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
  • piwright42piwright42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    vladdie wrote: »
    Dentals will only troll you if you roleplay or similar. They usually play the game well.

Ummm, for the most part yeah.

But at least one Dental has posted on their boards about griefing STFs.
    If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
    They taste the same.
    edited August 2012
    defalus wrote: »
    I've been grouped with members of this fleet before and have never had issues with them myself.

Count yourself lucky, I've had nothing but trouble with them for some reason.
    Maybe I just got stuck with the wrong ones over the last 2 1/2 years.
    Certainly possible.
  • dant158#3249 dant158 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I hate the ignore function.
    Useful for spam bots and all, but it just seems a very juvinile way of dealing with another person, imho. 'neener neener, I can't hear you *sticks tongue out'
    edited August 2012
    dantrainor wrote: »
    I hate the ignore function.
    Useful for spam bots and all, but it just seems a very juvinile way of dealing with another person, imho. 'neener neener, I can't hear you *sticks tongue out'

HMM, well maybe an option that's totally seperate from ignore would be better then.
    Something like "avoid player if possible".
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Won't this suggestion put you at a serious disadvantage? It will make you look a griefer because you aren't coordinating with everyone else in the chat.

you are of course assuming people coordinate to begin with.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    If people are griefing, I highly suggest opening a support ticket reporting it. It takes reports to get action.

On a related note, I suggest not calling out names in the forums, as that gets reported too, and is likely to get your post edited at the very least, and possibly your thread closed and your account actioned.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ignore is a useful option when someone's just being annoying, when it isn't worth opening a ticket for. It's also immediate. It only works for chat, though, and can't deal with more serious forms of harassment.

If people would simply open new channels for non-public communication, a lot of that chat-related drama could be avoided, IMO. Maybe there's something I'm missing there?

Ignoring an entire fleet is an interesting idea, but I can't see Cryptic going there. I don't agree with it, personally.

Yes, there might be one or two entire fleets devoted to making other players miserable. But should Cryptic devote an entire QoL feature to dealing with a handful of players? Is it really that hard to take 10 seconds and put somebody on ignore?

And if the door opens to official discrimination against entire fleets, where does it stop and how does that get abused? We already have problems with chat ban abuse; now think about that getting applied to an entire fleet.

Puts a smile on your face doesn't it? Until your own fleet's the one that gets hit with it.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • onlineangelonlineangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Every STF run I did the other night was griefed, all but 1.

All started from an Elite channel, all griefed by full maco/omega wearing boffins.

Seems to be a trend, those that have the full set don't want others to get the full set.

No. I'm sure there are 1000s of people playing Sar Trek Online at anyone time. Not seeing 5 or 50 of them really isn't going to effect me in the slightest. I also very rarely join PUG groups.
    People not knowing what to do in an STF, or any other mission for that matter, doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's the blatant griefers I'm talking about.
    Also, what if I don't speak English very well. If you gave me orders in English that I didn't understand, am I griefing you?

vladdie wrote: »

No my examples are of blatant griefing, by very experienced full Maco/Omega wearing players.
    I hate the ignore function. Useful for spam bots and all, but it just seems a very juvinile way of dealing with another person, imho. 'neener neener, I can't hear you *sticks tongue out'

Are you seriously suggesting that 'ignoring' griefers/trouble makers is classed as juvenile? LOOOL

syberghost wrote: »
    If people are griefing, I highly suggest opening a support ticket reporting it. It takes reports to get action.

On a related note, I suggest not calling out names in the forums, as that gets reported too, and is likely to get your post edited at the very least, and possibly your thread closed and your account actioned.

What would my ticket say???

'Dear Cryptic, these people wouldn't kill things in the correct order, or maybe,
    'Dear Cryptic, they killed that before I had time to do XYZ', maybe,
    'Dear Cryptic, this individual just didn't pull his weight in this mission'.

I think I'd rather do the juvenile thing and simply ignore them.

On your related note. I haven't named any individual or fleet, why would my thread be closed down and my account actioned?
  • soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I don't know if STO has the same system as RIFT where once you have a person on ignore you will never ever have that same person in your pve queues again.
    I can't remember if you won't see them on a pvp match, but it's nice not to deal with griefers or idiots in your pve queue once you have them on ignore.
    If STO doesn't have a system like RIFT's in place, they should really work on it.
  • dant158#3249 dant158 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    misterde3 wrote: »
    Are you seriously suggesting that 'ignoring' griefers/trouble makers is classed as juvenile? LOOOL

Yes, I am.

If you've got an issue with someone, hammer it out with them and reach a (hopefully) amiable conclusion. Not stick your fingers in your ears and whistle a tune while they talk.
    Ultimately, if someone wrecks your stf bad enough that you can't manage the above surely you don't need a system to remind you that you're not going to play with them any more.

TLDR; If you need a system to remind you, chances are what they did in the first place wasn't bad enough to warrant an ignore.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    On your related note. I haven't named any individual or fleet, why would my thread be closed down and my account actioned?

No, you haven't; but a number of people replying to you suggested that you do so, so I also gave you my suggestions on that subject. :)
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • aarons8aarons8 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i report them to GM, maybe one day if they get enough reports they will add a vote to kick option..

in the last week,
    ive had players join and drop out, leaving us short and surely to fail. you cant invite anyone into a started pug :(
    ive had players just sit there and do nothing, you know they arent afk cause they need everything. sometimes they just fly in circles all over the map.. and laugh at us.
    ive had players say in chat, NO when you ask them not to blow a cube in cse or a generator in ise early.
    ive even had players purposely let all the probes through in kase to fail, laughing the whole time..

i know its a gamble when you pug, but it is supposed to be a team event.. you should be able to kick and reinvite.
    or at least they should remove the timer if you fail during a pug..
  • sfcosfco Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yes, I am.

If you've got an issue with someone, hammer it out with them and reach a (hopefully) amiable conclusion. Not stick your fingers in your ears and whistle a tune while they talk.
    Ultimately, if someone wrecks your stf bad enough that you can't manage the above surely you don't need a system to remind you that you're not going to play with them any more.

TLDR; If you need a system to remind you, chances are what they did in the first place wasn't bad enough to warrant an ignore.

This is fine for RL, but in an online game there are many people who don't want to hammer it out. They want to act like jerks for no other reason than to try and ruin someone else's experience. They feel safe behind their computer and have no intention of working things out as long as they're enjoying whatever great feeling they get from annoying people.

In those times, it's very nice to tune them out.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Are you seriously suggesting that 'ignoring' griefers/trouble makers is classed as juvenile? [*emphasis mine]
    Well...
    LOOOL
    Here's a tip. When trying to refute a claim that you are juvenile, "LOOOL" is not the best way to go about it.
  • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yes, I am.

If you've got an issue with someone, hammer it out with them and reach a (hopefully) amiable conclusion.

What planet are you from?

Some people can't be reasoned with no matter how much you butter them up. It's even worse with online games, where there's no real accountability.

Hell, some of them want you to acknowledge their behavior, it makes them feel powerful over you.

Ignoring a douche is the appropriate thing to do. There's no sense in wasting time on an TRIBBLE that is just looking to aggravate you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Well...

Here's a tip. When trying to refute a claim that you are juvenile, "LOOOL" is not the best way to go about it.

It is, when it's a ridiculous and naive claim.

No one with any experience in dealing with online douches, can claim that reason works with griefers or trolls with any regularity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sandormen123sandormen123 Member Posts: 862 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    My comment is only;... How can I force(!) more people to become active?
    can there be a rational way of kicking members -> (alternatives) out?

We have a small fleet. We also have a few members that I suspect priorities other characters/fleets. Am I allowed to kick people/avatars based on suspicions onlly?:confused:
    /Floozy
  • derekslidederekslide Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012

We have a small fleet. We also have a few members that I suspect priorities other characters/fleets. Am I allowed to kick people/avatars based on suspicions onlly?:confused:

As a leader of a community for 2 years, I highly recommend you ask yourself this question.
    Do I own the people in my fleet?

If you answer yes to this, prepare to be the leader of a 1 man fleet. If you truly wish to lead, you will have to learn how to let go and allow your fleet to evolve in the direction the community wants.
    This includes realizing that people's interests will wane and wax depending on their mood, financial responsibilities etc etc...

If I were you, I would delete your post before anybody from your community saw that... I know what my response would be.

/Leave fleet.

GL
  • beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    snoge00f wrote: »
    What planet are you from?

Wherever it is, they must not have internets there. I sort of envy them.
    snoge00f wrote: »
    Some people can't be reasoned with no matter how much you butter them up. It's even worse with online games, where there's no real accountability.

Some people are just straight-up looking for a negative reaction. They go on the ignore list -- for example, I don't feel its necessary to indulge the xenophobes of DS9 with conversation on an individual basis to correct their behaviour.

Sure, just start whacking them if the don't make whatever quota you set. Change your daily message to "FLEETMARKS OR GTFO" to make your priorities clear.

Sarcasm aside for a moment, if this is bothering you, you really need to rethink your expectations and/or methods of getting members.
    Ignore should really go further to make the person effectivly disappear from view and block all forms of interaction. I know when I put someone on my ignore list, I don't make a spectacle of it, I simply stop interacting with them altogether, but with some people it simply isn't enough (Such as people armed with fire extinquishers) so its best if they would simply disappear altogether.
    A half faction is no faction at all.
  • savnokasavnoka Member Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    We have a way to ignore other ppl in game...

I'd like to see a way to ignore 'ALL' members of a fleet too.

Seen a few people from the same fleets griefing STF runs, purposely.

Blowing gens on purpose, popping cubes on purpose, blowing MRIs on purpose, so you can't get the BOFF accolade... It's just a waste of my time playing with these individuals.

Cryptic please make it so

I have a shocking and outrageous suggestion that will allow you to effectively ignore all members of a fleet:

Stop. Pugging.

Run STF's with your fleet. Period. I'll still PUG just to grind out EDC and marks for dilithium, but no way in the nine TRIBBLE would I ever have pugged when trying to kit out my chars.

Most pugs are uncoordinated messes who won't listen and can't communicate at the best of times, and if there are griefers deliberately messing things up then it's not even worth the effort.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]