What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anybody gotten a tier 2 Starbase?

13»

Comments

• mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    tlamstrike wrote: »
    Our fleet got finished construction of the Tier II starbase sometime last night:

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/7185/sb2v.jpg

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9702/sb1t.jpg

Congrats on it. That actually looks more like an honest Starbase compared to the tier 0 and tier 1 versions.

Though it does remind me of the ship from 2001: A Space Odyssey.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • vonrattusvonrattus Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Only two people left in my Fleet.

Needless to say this one aint gonna get built.

Now, if they gave away a free tier as a 500 Day reward and one every 100 days after, maybe . . . . . :)
  • fullcircle2fullcircle2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Whole heartedly agree something needs to be done about the bound purple DOFFs...I burned 24k worth of dilithium only to learn I couldn't apply them to the starbase, and worse, one of the bound DOFFs is virtually useless to my ENG VA.

The system is biased to the larger fleets to be sure. I'm not looking to sprint to the finish line, but at least give the small / medium sized fleet additional options to help get us there in this lifetime. Otherwise, people are just going to slowly give up. That would be a shame, as there is a lot to like about the overall concept.

At a minimum, let us buy white DOFFs using EC.

-TRIBBLE, FA
    UFF
  • sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    All I can say as a 1 man fleet: OUCH

A fleet is a fleet and it should be a fleet. This feature never was intended for solo players.
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar
  • seitei1seitei1 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Question to those with the higher starbases; are they dishing out more firepower during defence missions? I mean, even the baseline starbases are firing ridiculous Torpedo Spreads and whatnot. I'm interested. I'm hoping there's a real progression; right now the missions are relatively tough, but as the starbase improves, it's throwing out much more and is doing heavier and heavier lifting as time goes on.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    seitei1 wrote: »
    Question to those with the higher starbases; are they dishing out more firepower during defence missions? I mean, even the baseline starbases are firing ridiculous Torpedo Spreads and whatnot. I'm interested. I'm hoping there's a real progression; right now the missions are relatively tough, but as the starbase improves, it's throwing out much more and is doing heavier and heavier lifting as time goes on.

Military gives a Starbase Weapons Buff that increases as you go up in tiers. Engineering give a Starbase Hull and Regen Buff. Science gives a Starbase Shields Buff. So as you increase in tiers, then your starbase becomes more powerful, but the more powerful enemies like Borg, Undine, and Tholians show up at higher tiers.
    edited August 2012
    My fleet will finally hit their tier 2 shipyards today! :D Hopefully get going on our tier 2 base.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
  • seitei1seitei1 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Military gives a Starbase Weapons Buff that increases as you go up in tiers.

But is the base getting more WEAPONS? I mean, I'm sure getting +10% extra damage or something is well and good, but is it firing more beams, more torpedoes, using more skills? Are you seeing tractor beams, Power to Shields, Hazard Emitters, Tyken's Rift even? And is it doing it without your input? THAT is the kind of progression I'm talking about. That is the sort of thing you want to see: to see that it HAS improved, it's more than just numbers and a pretty model. Doesn't matter if more/different enemies show as long as the Starbase is doing Cool Stuff and you know that the work has actually done something to help.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    seitei1 wrote: »
    Military gives a Starbase Weapons Buff that increases as you go up in tiers.

But is the base getting more WEAPONS? I mean, I'm sure getting +10% extra damage or something is well and good, but is it firing more beams, more torpedoes, using more skills? Are you seeing tractor beams, Power to Shields, Hazard Emitters, Tyken's Rift even? And is it doing it without your input? THAT is the kind of progression I'm talking about. That is the sort of thing you want to see: to see that it HAS improved, it's more than just numbers and a pretty model. Doesn't matter if more/different enemies show as long as the Starbase is doing Cool Stuff and you know that the work has actually done something to help.

Might be thinking about operational assets. The cool Starbase powers are from them. Chances are that the buff just makes things hit harder. One of the operational assets is the starbase firing a massive phaser weapon I think.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well, starting tomorrow we can get Tribbles on our Fed base - Targs on the KDF bases - for a Dilithium price. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • jim940jim940 Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It's worse when you are stuck on constructions that ask for 20, 40 of a specific type of DOFF. Like the transwarp gate asking for 20 common Astrometric DOFFs. And right now on the exchange they are around 250,000 per doff.

Not too bad, even if you only have 5 members spending a million each. Transwarp is worth it!

thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Well, starting tomorrow we can get Tribbles on our Fed base - Targs on the KDF bases - for a Dilithium price. :)

Tribbles should be exterminated not kepted around as pets.

Jim
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    jim940 wrote: »
    Tribbles should be exterminated not kepted around as pets.
    There are tens-of-thousands of characters in the game running around with Tribbles in the pockets who might disagree with you. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited August 2012
    Ahh...today my fleet hit tier 2 on their starbase. So wonderful and amazing to have it.

Reminds me of the ship from 2001: A Space Odyssey though.
  • fleetsolvanguardfleetsolvanguard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    we will have t3 by 24th of this month
    edited August 2012
    Would any fleet out there be ok to post the requirements for the tier 3 starbase upgrades? At least the starbase upgrade itself?

I'd like the info so that way more folks can know, and prepare ahead of time.
  • admiralmikey0admiralmikey0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sci III requirements:

5,400 FM
    324,000 dili
    120 sci/medic doffs (green)
    9,000 shield generators
    17,000 comms arrays
    500 astrometrics probes

We?ll be starting the SB upgrade itself in 4 days..

EDIT: construction time is 7 days..
    Commander of the Czechoslovak Fleets.
  • dan512dan512 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Our military tier 3 will finish in 2 days 19 hours. Man 7 day upgrade sucks doesnt it lol.

Then we start the upgrade for tier 3 starbase and if no one has yet i will post the requirements.
  • th3xr34p3rth3xr34p3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Our Subspace-Radio Fed base just hit Tier 2 a few hours ago, we are working on KDF aswell to Tier 1, I been jumping back and forth adding resources to both :D (been trying to speed things up as needed so we can have a fully kitted out base to party out on with all the listeners ;))
    [SIGPIC]Click to visit Subspace-Radio[/SIGPIC]
    Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
    The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
  • admiralmikey0admiralmikey0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    dan512 wrote: »
    Our military tier 3 will finish in 2 days 19 hours. Man 7 day upgrade sucks doesnt it lol.

Then we start the upgrade for tier 3 starbase and if no one has yet i will post the requirements.

I suppose that the requirements for shipyard are mostly same as cooms, does it take 120 green tac/sec doffs as well ?
    Commander of the Czechoslovak Fleets.
  • dyatlovbassdyatlovbass Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    STARFLEET DENTAL PSA

Deep Space G047-C has all of the T2 modules finished, and has 90% of the experience required for T3. Auschwitz-Furkenau on the KDF side is just finishing the T2 sensor array, and other than that, is well on it's way to T3 as well.

This heroic effort, of course, is so we as a fleet can better administer to the oral needs of the brave men, women, and self-described others of Starfleet.