test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This lady has a borg deflector dish on her feet!

matthian1701matthian1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
It looks like a borg skateboard.

http://i.imgur.com/SONmx.jpg
Post edited by matthian1701 on

Comments

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It looks like a borg skateboard.

http://i.imgur.com/SONmx.jpg

Isn't that the attachment to the top of a Nacelle...

Kinda looks like the one on an Oddy.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited August 2012
    does the deflector push noobs and rainbow ships out of her path in STFs ?
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
    edited August 2012
    rrincy wrote: »
    does the deflector push noobs and rainbow ships out of her path in STFs ?

Actually..., It pushes them INTO a Borg Vessel to get them out of your way.

:D
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    edited August 2012
    lol i can see how that'd be good , we need a console for that , ' rainbow repeller '
    activates tractor repulsors on any nearby ships using more than one energy type
    12th Fleet
  • cusashorncusashorn Member Posts: 461
    edited August 2012
    rrincy wrote: »
    lol i can see how that'd be good , we need a console for that , ' rainbow repeller '
    activates tractor repulsors on any nearby ships using more than one energy type

You know that whole "Using multiple energy types drains more power" thing was taken out of the game over a year ago, right? Nothing wrong with players choosing to use multiple energy types, even if they know that they have a higher chance of procing their energy type overall if they just use one.
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    -The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    cusashorn wrote: »
    You know that whole "Using multiple energy types drains more power" thing was taken out of the game over a year ago, right? Nothing wrong with players choosing to use multiple energy types, even if they know that they have a higher chance of procing their energy type overall if they just use one.

of course , its just a generalisation thats all ;) since most who DO take multiple energy types arent aware its usually best to use a single type
    12th Fleet
    edited August 2012
    Well I'm kinda enjoying doing it with my engineer. two phasers, two polarons, 1 tet, 1 disruptor, 2 AP.

Of course, i'm in the process of upgrading them to Mk12 borg, so I'll probably find one type and stick to it in the end, but for now I'm doing pretty good.
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    Like i said , most :P
    Its just one of the many things thats not explained to people when they start the game , that taking every energy type under the sun on the same ship is usually counterproductive
    12th Fleet
  • commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    All of you, turn over your nerd cards. How on earth did you miss this:

Assimilated Hoverboard

:D
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    This happened to me just now
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    benglow wrote: »
    That happens when there's a glitch in the server or slow connection to the server - the speed is too slow and so it doesn't immediately transition you to your ground form on the new map. It used to happen all the time at launch. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited August 2012
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    That happens when there's a glitch in the server or slow connection to the server - the speed is too slow and so it doesn't immediately transition you to your ground form on the new map. It used to happen all the time at launch. :)

PARADOX DETECTED! That is so cool!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • aarons8aarons8 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    cusashorn wrote: »

im pretty sure this is not the main issue.. the reason not to use more then 1 kind of energy type is so you can stack tactical consoles and get more damage..
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    thecosmic1 wrote: »

I remember the Pre-Beta bugs where you beamed to ESD and your character model was still your ship, or sometimes you beamed into space as your ground character.
  • philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I remember the Pre-Beta bugs where you beamed to ESD and your character model was still your ship, or sometimes you beamed into space as your ground character.

In space no one can hear you scream....

Any screen caps of that. Love to see them.
    Are we there yet?
  • thratch1thratch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    In space no one can hear you scream....

Any screen caps of that. Love to see them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v385/warlord_jesus/screenshot_2010-01-14-17-49-11.jpg

I also have one somewhere of my Exalibur-class ship on the ground, but I can't find that one... it was a much better picture, too.

Here's a shot of my pre-release character in space. Back then, it crashed constantly during character creation, so you had to speed through... there were a lot of generic-looking humans during beta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited August 2012

I actually had that happen to me a few months ago. I beamed into space from qo'nos and appeared as my ground toon!
    Hilarity ensued as I ran around in space like Q :D
  • doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    New Borg ankle bracelets lock your feet down when you try to run. Running away is Futile!
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    actually, she has both the borg deflector AND engines. the from part is the deflector, the skinny part in the back is the engine.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    tenkari wrote: »
    actually, she has both the borg deflector AND engines. the from part is the deflector, the skinny part in the back is the engine.

Latest in footwear! Ain't capitalism grand? :D
    edited August 2012
    Kinda makes one long for the beta days again...

...ehhh... not so much...

;)
  • eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    benglow wrote: »

PROOF the devs are working on a way for us to pilot our ships from the bridge!!!!!!!!
  • skybuckflyingskybuckflying Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have seen this girl as well, poor girl, not sure if she really is a girl, can't check at the moment or whatever, maintance...

I asked her about it though.

This is more or less what she said:

There was some kind of corruption with her account. The devs restored her account, and ever since she has this thing on her feet !

Must suck having this on your feet if you a girl ! ;):) But at least it's pretty unique ! ;):)

And I too can remember seeing this from the beta... I think there are actually some kind of borg pets out there... maybe this was a borg pet from the beta who knows...
  • skybuckflyingskybuckflying Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Today he/she whatever was on again ! ;)

This time I took a screenshot to provide some more proof that this is real, since apperently last time I didn't make a screenshot or couldn't fit it... but today yyyyyyuuupppppp, here it is, I'll provide 2... just to show you this ain't now teleportation bug ;)

PICTURE 1 OF GIRL WITH BORG PET BUG:

http://www.skybuck.org/Games/StartrekOnline/GirlWithBorgPetBug/GirlBorgPetBug1.jpg

PICTURE 2 OF GIRL WITH BORG PET BUG:

http://www.skybuck.org/Games/StartrekOnline/GirlWithBorgPetBug/GirlBorgPetBug2.jpg

BYE BYE YOURS TRUELY THE SKYBUCK THE BORG PET BUG EXPLORER! ;) =D

SHIITTTTTTT the screenshot doesn't add her info/gui.... I think there is an option somewhere to include it...

fokkkkkk.