test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 6 Dev Blog #21

pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
edited August 2012 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Assistant Producer ZeroniusRex shares details about the Season 6 Foundry updates in this entry of the Season 6 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.
Post edited by pwebranflakes on

Comments

• Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Assistant Producer ZeroniusRex shares details about the Season 6 Foundry updates in this entry of the Season 6 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.

Awww man ... I was hoping for a dev blog on the Regent-class and her console + BO layout. Is that coming this week?
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2012
    genhauk wrote: »
    Awww man ... I was hoping for a dev blog on the Regent-class and her console + BO layout. Is that coming this week?

It's only Monday :) Yes, it will be out this week, but do enjoy this blog.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Oh ... We will .... More so my friends like Sorie.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

You heard it here first, folks! The Regent class assault cruiser will be out this week! ;)
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You guys should fix the extreme lag that the foundry editor has before promote it!
    The tool is useless now with that lag!

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Was I the only one that got a flashback of The Simpsons when you read "Hi, I'm Zero. You may remember me from such podcast interviews as Priority One and BroadcastUGC".

Reminded me of Troy McClure, as he always says that "Hi, I'm TRIBBLE. You may remember me from such movies such as xxxx."
  • Options
    rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited August 2012
    You heard it here first, folks! The Regent class assault cruiser will be out this week! ;)

he said the dev blog with the info will be , not the ship ?
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • Options
    maxxinamaxxina Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    rrincy wrote: »
    he said the dev blog with the info will be , not the ship ?

Yes, and thats the rumours stars. Sad . But news about foundry. YAY to that :)
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited August 2012

he said the dev blog will be out this week.
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm excited about linking the foundry missions straight into the mission journal!
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    he said the dev blog will be out this week.

Apparently the ;) and the tone did not convey my sad attempt at humor. I realize he was referring to the blog, I was making a joke about how people would read it. :rolleyes:

Ah well.
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
  • Options
    zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Was I the only one that got a flashback of The Simpsons when you read "Hi, I'm Zero. You may remember me from such podcast interviews as Priority One and BroadcastUGC".

Reminded me of Troy McClure, as he always says that "Hi, I'm TRIBBLE. You may remember me from such movies such as xxxx."

:D

(It's not a coincidence. ;))
  • Options
    j4ck5p4rr0wj4ck5p4rr0w Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This is all kind of a rehashing of things we already know. What I'm really concerned about is what kind of rewards the foundry spotlight missions are getting and when.
  • Options
    lpthomasmariklpthomasmarik Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Meh, It seems like every time I go into the foundry there is always some limitation or missing asset that completely mucks up whatever project I am trying to work on. I've almost given up on the thing.

I like playing the missions though. I wish they would add a button to all teh entry points that would let us choose a mission set to start there. For example if I go to Tazi a button would show up letting us choose a mission that starts in Tazi. I could then pick a mission or hit a Random button to enter a random foundry mission in Tazi.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Come on Zero, you still haven't responded to my desperate pleas to get the option to switch back to the '2D' display in the other threads all over the place :(

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    rohirrimrohirrim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Any chance the sliding doors that are already built into the maps will be working soon?

Or to have all the ship interior maps (bridges) fixed so that there aren't invisible walls in the captains quarters or non-working turbolift doors?

Test the galaxy inspired bridges, they are completely useless since nothing works.
    12th-Feet
    Fleet Admiral Enterprise-D
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    rohirrim wrote: »
    Any chance the sliding doors that are already built into the maps will be working soon?

Or to have all the ship interior maps (bridges) fixed so that there aren't invisible walls in the captains quarters or non-working turbolift doors?

Test the galaxy inspired bridges, they are completely useless since nothing works.

A prefab map can't really have anything working on it. Same reason Utopia Planitia has the hologram jumble.

Anything on a base Foundry map is locked that way. Nothing on a base Foundry map can respond to timers or player position.

You can ADD sliding doors as items on the map though. And you can add them on top of an existing open door.

The invisible walls, however, are something I think could be fixed and that's legit as a gripe.
  • Options
    karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Waiting for the foundry update. Foundry is a wonderfull tool, every MMO have to get one :P

Is great to make your own missions, share and get feedback. And is better to get support. Now the playerbase are asking to get foundry missions and place some in an oficial state, to help to get more content. In the next stage, we can make ships ;)
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
  • Options
    fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Serious question, does anyone actually play these Foundry missions, i mean honestly? i dont know one person in our Fleet or past Fleets that likes them? or is it that you guys like to make the actual missions?
  • Options
    maarkeanmaarkean Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Is it just me, or is the TOS interior they showcased in this blog not actually available in the Foundry? I went through the list of available maps and could not find it.
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    maarkean wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is the TOS interior they showcased in this blog not actually available in the Foundry? I went through the list of available maps and could not find it.

There's bugs in it so they took it out. Check tribble?
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    fewzz wrote: »
    Serious question, does anyone actually play these Foundry missions, i mean honestly? i dont know one person in our Fleet or past Fleets that likes them? or is it that you guys like to make the actual missions?
    I play them every day. I even have 1 alt that only does them: I've been leveling him from 1 to VA only doing Foundry Missions- it's much slower then the standard Missions.

There are some incredibly good Missions in the Foundry. If nothing else you should play through the weekly Spotlight Missions.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I've find Foundry overly complex and time consuming to spend valuable playtime on; not very intuitive and generally 'clunky' to use. Hopefully it get streamlined so make the process of creating content less painful. Some premade mini-missions that you chain together for a story where you can change a couple of element would be an excellent start. Authors can then add complexity as needed.
  • Options
    th3fer3ngifi3ndth3fer3ngifi3nd Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Until they attach meaningful rewards(that actually scale based on mission length) to foundry missions, most people arent going to bother taking the time to play them when they can get better rewards in a shorter amount of time from other missions.
  • Options
    muarenmuaren Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Just look at the number of playthru's and get the answer yourself. And no, most of those aren't 3-clicks and your done missions.

And these missions are played without any real rewards from them- in fact in many cases people give tips and actually lose more than they gain.

The Foundry is like any other function of STO like Fleets, PVP, STF's, Doff system, and Crafting. I don't know anyone that plays every one of those things. People play the ones they like. Frankly it's awesome that they give people so many choices.

The truth is most people hate on the Foundry cause they think it's the reason that STO isn't making new story-line missions.
    In fact, from what they write, season 6 is the main reason for the mission drought and season 6 was all about fleets. Fleets are the reason for no new storyline missions. But season 7 seems to be their answer to that which will have storyline missions.
  • Options
    maarkeanmaarkean Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I like the idea of the Foundry, but until they improve some features it's pretty pointless. I want to be able to remove NPC's. You talk to a guy and then he beams out. Why can't I do that?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    maarkean wrote: »
    I like the idea of the Foundry, but until they improve some features it's pretty pointless. I want to be able to remove NPC's. You talk to a guy and then he beams out. Why can't I do that?

That is a big requests that most authors ask for. The work around for that is annoying at best and impossible in some cases based on map design.
    Hopefully this is one they can add in soon.
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The truth is most people hate on the Foundry cause they think it's the reason that STO isn't making new story-line missions.
    In fact, from what they write, season 6 is the main reason for the mission drought and season 6 was all about fleets. Fleets are the reason for no new storyline missions. But season 7 seems to be their answer to that which will have storyline missions.

what....?

no. the truth is the switchover from subscription to free to play was responsible for the drought. as for lack of story missions, that has ALWAYS been an issue with this game. nobody is blaming the foundry for it. season 6 had nothing to do with it. and nobody said anything about there being so much as a single storyline *mission* for season 7. they went out of their way to use the term 'story content' and said nothing about the form that content would take. so don't assume we're getting missions any time soon that are related to the story
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    what....?

no. the truth is the switchover from subscription to free to play was responsible for the drought. as for lack of story missions, that has ALWAYS been an issue with this game. nobody is blaming the foundry for it. season 6 had nothing to do with it. and nobody said anything about there being so much as a single storyline *mission* for season 7. they went out of their way to use the term 'story content' and said nothing about the form that content would take. so don't assume we're getting missions any time soon that are related to the story

I can see truth in that. Reading through the forums though I've seen several posts of people blaming Foundry for the drought. That's why I mentioned it that way. I do agree with what you said though.