test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

3 month sub offer - paypal, does it keep billing after 3 months?

cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
Hi all.

So you get 3 months sub (ltd offer) and pay with paypal. Now i havent noticed pp ever act like directdebit by doing recuring charges every month but ive never done it with sto so im just wondering.

After 3 months is up will it charge me again for another 3 months or somit. Im thinking no but i best ask.

If i clicked cancel in my account would i still be registered for 3 months and get the 3 months stippend as well?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by cptskeeteruk on

Comments

• bohortonstobohortonsto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    yeh it will, almost certainly at full price, just sub then cancel it (you'll get the months you pay for then no more)
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You are put on reoccurring billing when you Subscribe, so after the 3 months are up the system will try and charge for additional time. You'll need to Unsubscribe within the 3 months for that not to happen. And yes, if you Unsub you still get to use whatever time you have already paid for - and will get the Stipend for the paid time.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ok i clicked on cancel subscription i hope i still have the 90 days and the stippend to still to come 1500 over 3 months.

Btw this is what it says in account now.

Type: Recurring 3-Month - Limited Time Offer
    Play Time Until: Aug. 13, 2012

The play time bit is the strange thing im worried about its like i can only play till today as a sub but it should be saying like november 13th or somit. Yeah?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cptvanorcptvanor Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ok i clicked on cancel subscription i hope i still have the 90 days and the stippend to still to come 1500 over 3 months.

You paid for 3 months of subscription so you will get 3 months of subscription. The part you canceled was the recurring part, so you will not be billed again 3 months from now.