test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What's the strategy to beat all 10 waves of the No-win scenario?

nobscunobscu Member Posts: 136 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Federation Discussion
It's in the title.

Anyone got any strategies to beat the no-win? I would very much like to know.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by nobscu on

Comments

• nightelfs21nightelfs21 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I know 12th fleet is getting to wave 9 consistently and is almost about to break into wave 10, from what i heard from them tonight they were one ship shy of beating wave 9.
    edited August 2012
    I know 12th fleet is getting to wave 9 consistently and is almost about to break into wave 10, from what i heard from them tonight they were one ship shy of beating wave 9.
    edited August 2012
    I don't now if anyone else saw it today but the same group of names popped up again today from 12th fleet saying they beat wave 9. Holy TRIBBLE they are getting close...I wonder what the waves look like at 9 and 10.
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    the Kirk manuever: Modifiy the conditions of the test to make it possible to win. OR..
    Lie to it and tell it you have corbomite and if it shoots at you it will destroy itself.
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • capcushcapcush Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    there is no way to win when you reach 10 its the end of the world level where every thing and its mother come out to hit you up side the head with a salmon and then they kill the little ship.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    if you WIN you broke it
    and then you have to pay for a new one
    Live long and Prosper
  • bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sollvax wrote: »
    if you WIN you broke it
    and then you have to pay for a new one

LMAO!
    "Congratulations! You have broken the scenario! You have been charged 20k Zen. See you next time!"
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • sotaudisotaudi Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    capcush wrote: »
    there is no way to win when you reach 10 its the end of the world level where every thing and its mother come out to hit you up side the head with a salmon and then they kill the little ship.

For wave 10, they directly imported the code from Half-Life at the end of the game, the outcome that occurs if you don't go along with the guy that contacts you at the end. :D
  • dma1986dma1986 Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    nobscu wrote: »

Not many people know this, but there is a way to win. It's absolutely guaranteed.

All you have to do is
    Kill all the enemy ships before they kill the freighter you're protecting.

:cool:
  • supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Extend Shields. Auxiliary to Structural. Torpedo: Spread and Beam Array: Fire at Will. And lots of each.

nightelfs21, Y U POST THRICE?
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    What if everyone was running tractor repulsors? Kill the lighter ships and repulse the higher-hp ones...?
  • marctraiderzmarctraiderz Member Posts: 539 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    nobscu wrote: »
    It's in the title.

Although strategy and the right bridge officer setup/captain classes per player and the teamwork for all the 5 players is very important, it is just as much important for all 5 of the players to be perfect players which have their skill tree set-up properly, and know how to time everything right and know how to heal/tank properly.

I'm pretty sure there are several viable strategies to make it to wave 10 and finishing it.
  • unangbangkayunangbangkay Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Since NWS enemy choice is randomized, I imagine the enemy factors in as well. Fighting Borg might be easier if all your people happen to have just come off an Elite STF with all their best Borg-killing gear equipped.