test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Pvp Channel !

antlen69antlen69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2012 in PvP Gameplay
Greetings to ALL pvp players !

First of all, im not here to bash upon any other pvp channels who allready out there...

still i found the need by myself and a few others to start this initiative,

mainly based upon hear and say and also from my own experience in other pvp channels

Everybody knows that the STO pvp world is a very small one, cause the majority of people playing this MMO are also into different kinds of gameplay.

that being said the intention of this initiative is as following :

Getting new or even veteran players a new chance to get involved into the PVP gameplay in STO

The channel purpose is for those who are not only interested in pvp gameplay but also want to learn more about every aspect pvp has to offer, mainly having fun @ it !

Its offering a way to educate players into pvp strats, hookin' up with others, builds etc etc

We like to see this small world broken up for all those who are interested.

This will be a public channel and will be availeble to everybody,

also theres gonne be rules, ignore these rules and u will get kicked off

No trollin' allowed

were not here to get at each others throats were here to play a game and have fun

if u cant leave ure personal TRIBBLE behind, or u cant withstand the urge to call somebody names, then ill say this only once

DONT JOIN THE CHANNEL

Getting into the channel

we named it PublicPVP

getting into the channel :

there are 2 ways to get in :

you can either use ure chatbar to put in : /channel_join PublicPVP

or u can right click the chat tab on the topside go to "channels" and join : PublicPVP

gl & hf and ttyl on the PublicPVP channel!

@close_encounter
Post edited by antlen69 on

Comments

• dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    sounds like opvp2. good luck trying to get another pvp channel to succeed
  • matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited August 2012
    whats wrong with the organizedpvp chat channel?
  • thumappthumapp Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yeah... good luck with that..

I think i'll stick with opvp, 'new opvp' and 'new new opvp'
    .The Spanish Inquisition.
    TSI -- Star Trek Online PvP Vidoes (Youtube)
    /channel_join OrganizedPVP If you are interested in learning PVP, looking for a team, or a private match.
  • corsair114corsair114 Member Posts: 276
    edited August 2012
    Guys! GUYS! Guys.

Does this mean we're breakin' up the band? :(
  • dassemstodassemsto Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    this sounds like the same goals that OrganizedPvP channel has... And anyway, if someone needs to learn from the best, that's where they'll find them.

Sure, OPVP could be more fun-centred, but I think we have a good mix of fun and killer instinct. It's hard to supress your predator nature in a pvp enviroment.
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This new channels never work
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • antlen69antlen69 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    mrkollins wrote: »
    This new channels never work

yeah thats exactly why i think its gunna work...

its so easy to bash something like this down...
    edited August 2012
    dassemsto wrote: »
    this sounds like the same goals that OrganizedPvP channel has... And anyway, if someone needs to learn from the best, that's where they'll find them.

Sure, OPVP could be more fun-centred, but I think we have a good mix of fun and killer instinct. It's hard to supress your predator nature in a pvp enviroment.

how are new individuals gonna learn something from a small group of people that dont share info, or give u false info to start with...

or how is it gunna boost someone's confidence if the people ure trying to learn something from are constandly mockin' u in the same channel ?

yeah we have common goals,

i am here to realise them instead of ignoring them like in the OPVP channel
  • trueprom3theustrueprom3theus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    antlen69 wrote: »
    how are new individuals gonna learn something from a small group of people that dont share info, or give u false info to start with...

or how is it gunna boost someone's confidence if the people ure trying to learn something from are constandly mockin' u in the same channel ?

Good luck with your channel! But I think you're wrong (at least partially) with what you've said. Mocking: unless you ignore some advices more people gave you and keep your way. That's human nature. To avoid mocking: say thanks, and keep doing things your way if that's what you want. Boost confidence: first that can help is some's self esteem and willing to learn and try things. Nobody needs to do anything forever, but you gotta give it a shot when more are telling you. Who doesn't share info or gives bad advice is either too noob, either makes fun/being a smart TRIBBLE. Move over, big deal. Opvp isn't ignoring anybody, it's just that sometimes the questions are asked at the wrong time. If there is a debate, you won't get an answer. Just repeat the question later.

Another channel is after all not a bad idea. But everybody should use opvp all the time, and if a group of ppl is interested on a specific topic, then that group can move the conversation temporarly on a new channel. Now, dividing the community, that's a bad idea.
    Hear! Sons of Kahless
    Hear! Daughters too.
    The blood of battle washes clean.
    The Warrior brave and true.
    We fight, we love, and then we kill...
  • aetam1aetam1 Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i have never seen a reasonable request for help turned down in the opvp channel. if someone is willing to learn and improve himself he is most welcome.
    yes there are jokes and there is mockery. mainly if you are in a pug and see your team fail miserably and not distribute shields or if someone sends boarding parties after your pets. the opvp channel is a community and therefor you tell stories or just vent your frustration. we are neither saints nor devils. i dont know why there is so much hate against pvp players. if you spend some time in the channel you will realize there are many nice and helpful people.
    as everywhere in life it helps if you can laugh about your mistakes. everyone does some stupid things once in a while.

My stomach is clear and my mind is full of bacon!
  • dassemstodassemsto Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited August 2012

hmm... never hear anyone giving false advice to someone who really wanted help. Only as jokes between friends. Ofc, if you listen in on someone else talking, you may not realize they're joking to each other. Wil joking not be allowed in your channel?

The only people who get mocked, are those who refuse to listen to advice. Who stubbornly claim they know something even if the opposite is proved again and again. Also, people who make false claims, or boast of their own superiority, must accept a degree of mocking if they are beaten. This also goes for premades that build around an exploit. They often take heat for this, and this seems to have a positive effect on pvp gameplay.

Have you ever said in the OPvP channel "I can't hack it in pvp! any fleet wanna let me join them for a match, so I can watch and learn?" ? I guarantee you, if there is a fleet on that's not already a full team, they WILL let you join them. There are ofc a few exceptions, but most of the good fleets are happy to let someone come along.
    edited August 2012
    dassemsto wrote: »
    hmm... never hear anyone giving false advice to someone who really wanted help. Only as jokes between friends. Ofc, if you listen in on someone else talking, you may not realize they're joking to each other. Wil joking not be allowed in your channel?

The only people who get mocked, are those who refuse to listen to advice. Who stubbornly claim they know something even if the opposite is proved again and again. Also, people who make false claims, or boast of their own superiority, must accept a degree of mocking if they are beaten. This also goes for premades that build around an exploit. They often take heat for this, and this seems to have a positive effect on pvp gameplay.

Have you ever said in the OPvP channel "I can't hack it in pvp! any fleet wanna let me join them for a match, so I can watch and learn?" ? I guarantee you, if there is a fleet on that's not already a full team, they WILL let you join them. There are ofc a few exceptions, but most of the good fleets are happy to let someone come along.

joking around is no problem at all i tried to bring this subtile to the forums im not saying im a victum of mockery but i see it happen a lot lately in OPVP

burning somebody to the ground isnt joking anymore i dont see mutual respect anymore when sort of things happens and its scarin off people

and i dont see anyone doing something about it

noobs deserve respect too

we were all noobs once

mockin and calling names is so ez.. and i can imagine people staying out of the PVP community because of that

but im forcing nobody to join this channel i am simply providing it
  • dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well good luck with your channel. But the pvp population is so small, it is not likely your channel will be populated much.
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • zorena#3961 zorena Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Frankly this I make new channel because I disagree feels abit wrong, sure you can start new channels everytime you disagree, or you can just mute the channel. Just because there are moderators in OPVP doesn't mean they will mute your offender everytime someone is being an TRIBBLE.
    Noone.
    edited August 2012
    joking around is no problem at all i tried to bring this subtile to the forums im not saying im a victum of mockery but i see it happen a lot lately in OPVP

burning somebody to the ground isnt joking anymore i dont see mutual respect anymore when sort of things happens and its scarin off people

and i dont see anyone doing something about it

noobs deserve respect too

we were all noobs once

mockin and calling names is so ez.. and i can imagine people staying out of the PVP community because of that

but im forcing nobody to join this channel i am simply providing it

For the sake of transparency, would you mind to give us couple examples when what you said above happened? We could post our thoughts if it was wrong or improper...
    Hear! Sons of Kahless
    Hear! Daughters too.
  • aytanhiaytanhi Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The only people that get burned down to the ground in OrganizedPVP I find are either *******s, arrogant pricks, or fail trolls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Aytanhi of TSI, TSI fleet founder and leader OrganizedPVP channel Admin
    Feel free to ask me about PVP or starship strategies. "No, I am not Borg!"
    /channel_join OrganizedPVP If you are interested in learning PVP, looking for a team, or a private match
  • aquitaine985aquitaine985 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I don't see anyone getting burnt in OPVP, not to the extent you seem to see.

The vast VAST majority of people who PVP on a regular basis use OPVP. If I need a question answered it's where I usually end up. I get people who know what they're talking about or at least know who/where to go to in order to find something out. I see no reason to have a new channel that would do the same thing.

If something isn't broken, why try to fix it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    @Aquitaine985
    Lag Industries STO PvP Fleet - Executive
    A Sad Panda of Industrial calibre.
    2010: This is Cryptic PvP. Please hold the line, your call is very important to us...
  • ghostyandfrostyghostyandfrosty Member Posts: 864
    edited August 2012
    The only people I burn, are those that either refuse to see facts for what they are, trolls, or people that refuse to take help when offered it, when it's quite clear that they need it.

I never see any burning really going on in opvp. Occasional light hearted banter sure. But never anything serious.
  • p2wsucksp2wsucks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The PvP playerbase is too small to support a variety of channels.

But, if there were to be another one I'd think it would be dedicated to players who want to test play mechanics and are looking for other people to test with. It would be more so people chatting in Arena Zone, for example, aren't spamming people in PvP matches. You could have different players in different zones testing and communicating w/each other.

Or there could be Red and Blue channels for 10 v 10s when you have people who aren't on a common voice coms and chat only supports 1/2 the group atm. But, these could be put together Ad Hoc. Unfortunately, Season 6 didn't upgrade the max 5/PvP team I'd hoped for w/the cryptic talk of larger player encounters.

But, there really isn't another need for a general PvP channel imo.
    [Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
    Random Quote from Kerrat
    "Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
    C&H Fed banter
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    aytanhi wrote: »
    The only people that get burned down to the ground in OrganizedPVP I find are either *******s, arrogant pricks, or fail trolls.

And yet Mikey still posts there. :D
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,607 Arc User
    edited August 2012

A couple things...

1 Who gives people false info ???? lol

2 Who in Opvp doesn't help people that ask for honest help

3 if there are people like that what is to stop them from joining your new channel and doing the same ???

4 go to 3.... wth is the point exactly

I love the I hate the Opvp folk dressed up as lets start a new learning channel stuff.... Lets also get together at ESD once a week for a nice hand holding class.... damn man anyone that wants help has the forums and Opvp.... if someone honestly wants help on something it takes 5 min to get it... have fun with your empty channel.
  • matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited August 2012
    if someone is giving false info on the opvp chat channel please pm specific details (im an admin) screen shots would go a long way to helping this.
  • thishorizonthishorizon Member Posts: 1,158
    edited August 2012
    all info that Horizon has to share will be done through OPVP chat.

its what we have, its always worked.

have fun kill bad guys

ps - please stop trying to segregate the community further, i understand why you would like to seperate yourselves, but i do not respect it. grow some thicker skin, and deal with people.
  • shimmerlessshimmerless Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ps - please stop trying to segregate the community further, i understand why you would like to seperate yourselves, but i do not respect it. grow some thicker skin, and deal with people.

+1

/10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
  • marctraiderzmarctraiderz Member Posts: 539 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Sorry, 1 pvp channel is more then enough as it is.

Besides what people said, this will only divide and seperate the already meager amount of pvpers in this game even more.

Besides, no channel can get up against the history of Opvp with all the legends and daily QQn :p

There will always be people that do not know how mechanics or technical details work, or have been mislead themselves. 'False information' is often given in Opvp as well, and mostly these are simply subjective opinions rather then proven facts, never the less this will happen in all channels, not just in OPvP. The best way to become a good PvPer is to learn yourself, and yes eventually people accumulate false information, in my PvP learning time I have been given false/wrong information as well, even if people didn't do it on purpose. At the end you will know the hax :)

So far all 'new' PvP channels have all failed. Good luck :)
    edited August 2012

^
    Very true!
    Hear! Sons of Kahless
    Hear! Daughters too.
  • aytanhiaytanhi Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    webdeath wrote: »
    And yet Mikey still posts there. :D

There are exceptions. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Aytanhi of TSI, TSI fleet founder and leader OrganizedPVP channel Admin
    Feel free to ask me about PVP or starship strategies. "No, I am not Borg!"
    /channel_join OrganizedPVP If you are interested in learning PVP, looking for a team, or a private match