What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Compete with a Strategema Master" Won't Appear

mercanismercanis Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Duty Officer System and R&D
I've been working my way through the "Gaming Proficiency" assignment chain:
http://www.stowiki.org/Assignment_chain:_Gaming_Proficiency

I've completed the first three assignments, but the final assignment refuses to appear. Where do I look to begin the "Compete with a Strategema Master" assignment?
Post edited by mercanis on

Comments

• Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    On the Enterprise-D, TNG episode...

Oh wait, that's not what you're looking for. I really have no idea where it begins.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I see it all the time. I can;t get rid of it.

Unfortunately I;m on a network where I can;t access the game. I believe it;s on the personal tab of the Assignments tab. Going off memory though. It's not restricted to any sector that I have seen.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    try your Ops guy.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    cusashorncusashorn Member Posts: 461
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, check your officers. They always have more specific assignments than what the general list will show you. (and sometimes the general list will have something that they don't.)
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    -The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Though I already know about consulting officers for additional assignments, your input is appreciated.

I guess I have no choice but to wait this thing out. One day, I will find that elusive Strategema master, and I will defeat him.
  • Options
    rotgut3rotgut3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I had the same issue, finally got it from Ops while in Eta Eridani just outside the Fleet Starbase in sector space.
  • Options
    zodrauzodrau Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I see it a lot at The Academy.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    rotgut3 wrote: »
    I had the same issue, finally got it from Ops while in Eta Eridani just outside the Fleet Starbase in sector space.

Funny you should mention that. That's exactly where I was when this "uncommon" assignment finally appeared!
  • Options
    yousuckashellyousuckashell Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    mercanis wrote: »
    Funny you should mention that. That's exactly where I was when this "uncommon" assignment finally appeared!

Well i have the same issue; try all you mention and still cant find this assigment : compete with a stratagema master"

anyone can help please.
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I found it on Hathon when I went under "Operations" in Department Heads. I wasn't even looking for it, I wanted a Colonial assignment so I could rank THAT up.
  • Options
    beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    icegavel wrote: »
    I found it on Hathon when I went under "Operations" in Department Heads. I wasn't even looking for it, I wanted a Colonial assignment so I could rank THAT up.

Yeah, it's usually under "Operations".

I usually run across it at random in Cardassian space (I'm working that sector for the Jevonite/Incense/Tulaberries/Lockets chains, plus the "Negotiate Additional Delivery" that gives me Strange Alien Artifacts).