test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"It's Not Really Fixed At All!? 'Don't Think So Linear, Jean-Luc.'"

admiralthemadmiralthem Member Posts: 13 Arc User
Been in this game for a week or two. Patch, after patch, after patch. After three days of disconnected patching, finally get on to play some. Now after the "scheduled patch" of August 9th, we apparently needed a "scheduled unsheduled patch" of August 10th. I'm a computer tech by trade IRL, and old school yahoo and aol had a term for what's happened to me tonight multiple times as soon as i'm logged in longer than five minutes. "Punted." "Booted." Then I read the forums, and the noobs and the vets all have almost identical beefs with the game and it's bugs. I saw the "Guide To When Your Game Bugs Out." Long story short, stop abusing Roddenberry's baby. It's a legacy, not a simple cash cow.

1: Get the patching out of your system. Fix the bugs as best as you're able for now and massively patch it. Not release guides on what to do when it bugs out. On the same issues repeatedly. For months at a time in a lot of cases I'm reading on here.

2: This is not being started as a b****, whine, moan, and complain thread. I would actually like to see people list and confirm all their bugs and legitimate complaints somehow, and in true petition style tell PWE or whoever is holding the programmers schedules and paychecks to please try, TRY, to save this game.

Sorry about the long read, last little bit, promise:

I have sworn off pretty much everything Google, app, or game related because of all the ad/mal/spy/third-party software and monitoring tools I have to clean off of comp's on a daily basis. This was trek, and I fell in. I represent a household that is comp literate, but trust the technology less and less the more we have to repair it. I'm a C.I.S. & Telecomm double degree, the wife is Multimedia & Design, etc. To whoever has the power to affect change or pocketbooks in regards to this game, let trekkies have one (mostly) untainted thing on the net. If this thread is closed somehow without a response from the techie trekkies, I will take it as a copout by whomever corporate or the GMs are, for I know no one else to appeal to. "LA RESISTANCE IS NOT FUTILE!!"

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Askray
Post edited by admiralthem on

Comments

• mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Pretty good arguments there, they do have a lot of good, honest merit. I like em, and wholly support them, but the rather sad truth is about how little attention Cryptic/PWE will truly take anything you said into account.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    My boss calls it 'Growing Pains'
    when he requests taking a system that mostly works but needs a couple tweeks and orders it completely replaced with the newest (because newer=better), then can't understand why it takes 6 months to make it work like the original (pre-tweek) system did.

Me= I.T. service admin and support engineer
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • supergaminggeeksupergaminggeek Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Agreed.

Also, naming names are against the rules.
  • cakeballscakeballs Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Agreed.

Also, naming names are against the rules.

Agreed. This post was great until I saw the naming and shaming. I don't care about your opinion on other people if your opinion is for the developers and producers of this game. Keep your petty differences off this forum and keep to a constructive discussion. Only good things will come if you do that.
  • quantastarfire83quantastarfire83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Guys, this isn't the place for ******** and complaining.

Now if I may ***** and complain about this one fleet...
  • immarynimmaryn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Oh how terrible it must be to be affected by an item that doesn't actually affect you. Tell me, do you get irrationally angry when you turn on a shower for medium-warm water but instead it's cold for 5 seconds before you get the desired temperature? Does it make your blood boil when you turn on the TV and instead of getting MSNBC, someone left it on the Disney channel when it was last turned on? Or what about discovering that "your" table at Village Inn is taken by a husband and wife with two kids, forcing you to instead take the corner booth; does that trigger your murderous rage?

In other words, it's a fire extinguisher. Deal with it. Or make a thread about it, I guess that works too.
  • admiralthemadmiralthem Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well I'm glad that the parts of my post considered offensive or against policy we're simply removed, instead of any firmer action. Thanks ye forum gods for that. I do hope it was understood that I am not quite at the three week mark yet, and when enough people look at a problem and conclude "It looks like a duck, walks like a...etc" that perhaps there is a problem to be addressed. I shall choose my words in forum more carefully in the future. If I ever repost. This whole forum area, and the way the game has been behaving since the last few patches is making me question the decision to try MMOs again. But I am glad I was edited and corrected. Because that means that someone out there read it in it's entirety and hopefully it shall be a start to a more Trek-ish Star Trek Online.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I personally never cared about the actual bugs. Sure, there are plenty but honestly, besides one or two missions I couldn't finish they never bugged me that much. It was always the games' content which, from the beginning, went further and further away from something worth bearing the title "Star Trek Online" and instead became a generic sci-fi online mmo. And that's, unfortunately, permanent. Bugs may be fixed sometimes, but what's in the game content-wise is there to stay.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Askray
    Least we know the Devs have seen this post of yours.

I'm in full agreement anyway, it's about time some of the long-term bugs were addressed.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    flash525 wrote: »
    Least we know the Devs have seen this post of yours.

I'm in full agreement anyway, it's about time some of the long-term bugs were addressed.
    Mods aren't Devs. Mods are volunteers who don't work for Cryptic.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited August 2012
    Freebie account. Got promo Zen. Zen is mostly good only for cosmetic items (i.e. The original Enterprise). Lvl 50. all missions done. Milked replays for all the items that don't suck. What is one to do besides replay fleet actions? Spending $$$ for Troi's or T'pal's costume don't quite inspire one to keep playing. Need more plot/story based play. I realize that it isn't a magical "right now" thing to keep the game enticing and intriguing, but why not work more on plot scenarios instead of catering to animated eye candy? Borg. Trelane. The "Q". Kelvins. Hell, even Harry Mudd. Most of us ( I assume ) watch & play Trek for intellectual stimulation. Least I would hope so. Tons of TRIBBLE sites out there ( they equate to work for me. TRIBBLE = Spy/ad/mal-ware). But only one MMO to bear the Trek namesake. I am not trying to offend anyone, but the game needs more...purpose. Where is Ferenginar? What's up with Betazed? Q weapons? (*)? (0)? Mr. Roddenberry gave us plenty to work with. What is there to blow up and TRIBBLE off now? All in the name of intergalactic peace, of course.My user name is even a reference to a potential plot line, as non canon and beta as it may be. Don't let assimilated Undine & the Iconians be the zenith of plot. We can do better. What is an MMO when you can beat and discover all major plot points in two weeks without even being on more than 2-3 hours every few days? Not bragging, but simply hungry for more purpose driven plot.
    edited April 2015
    Same remarks as years ago. I don't bother with chat and disable invites, so really no *****ing this time. I took a year or two hiatus (had a son), and recently started playing again. I do see the extended plots. A bit too much Sela, but hey, it could have been Wesley. *shudders* Please keep up the improvements.

P.S. Any chance at a Sela version of "Skin Of Evil?"