test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A brilliant way to in troduce fleet marks into STFs:

fulleatherjacketfulleatherjacket Member Posts: 980 Arc User
I understand that Cryptic probably doesn't want to make STFs give out rewards for all kinds of currency and make the other fleet mark actions obsolete, so here is an idea to offset it:

EDCs are already a currency for buying gear, doffs or dilithium, so make EDCs exchangable for fleet marks at a 1:10 ratio.
Post edited by fulleatherjacket on

Comments

• cusashorncusashorn Member Posts: 461
    edited August 2012
    A 100000:1 ratio would be better. As in 100,000 EDC for 1 mark, and that's still being generous, considering how easy it is to get EDC's by the millions.
    "My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
    -The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jedispartan4845jedispartan4845 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    cusashorn wrote: »
    A 100000:1 ratio would be better. As in 100,000 EDC for 1 mark, and that's still being generous, considering how easy it is to get EDC's by the millions.

EDC is Encrypted Data Chip, the things that drop from STFs

I think your thinking of EC, Energy Credits.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'd rather keep them separate. I enjoy not having to run STFs at the moment. :D

Use 'time to earn' for the ratio. You get X EDCs in 1hr, you get Y Fleet Marks in 1hr.
    Then maybe make it a bit of an exchange cost, say 15% loss, cause you are not running the 'right' event and for the fact that the Borg stuff could also drop in STFs thus giving added benefit the Marks Events don't offer.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'd rather keep them separate. I enjoy not having to run STFs at the moment. :D

Use 'time to earn' for the ratio. You get X EDCs in 1hr, you get Y Fleet Marks in 1hr.
    Then maybe make it a bit of an exchange cost, say 15% loss, cause you are not running the 'right' event and for the fact that the Borg stuff could also drop in STFs thus giving added benefit the Marks Events don't offer.

Yeah, but a lot of people still want to do STFs, I'm kind of sick of them myself, but I'll get sick of the Fleet missions eventually too, and there's still some STF gear I do not have. I think it's a good idea.
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I say keep them seperate. If anything it adds variety to the grind.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • lostmoonylostmoony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    1:100 ratio? so i have now ~1000 edc so i get 100000 fleets marks:eek:

good idea i am also one of the players who will not waste his time on this brainlesss constructed fleet mission what remember me on space invaders gamestyle.

or the better idea will be remove this fleet missions totally nobody is really insterested to waste his time there.:D
    edited August 2012
    I say keep them seperate. If anything it adds variety to the grind.

Variety? There is no "variety" in Grinding. :rolleyes:
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    No. I'm tired of the current STFs. It's good to see the other queues busy. If you're obsessed by dilithium it's YOUR problem, not mine. :D
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
    edited August 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    No. I'm tired of the current STFs. It's good to see the other queues busy. If you're obsessed by dilithium it's YOUR problem, not mine. :D

What if they made more STFs? It's about time they do.