test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Having Trouble Logging In?

Comments

• nored87nored87 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    stoney3k wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble to get onto STO through eu1.proxy.crypticstudios.com? The proxy keeps timing out on me.

Connecting directly without any proxy seems to work fine.

Tried the proxy settings 3 days ago, as a lagfix but had same time out
    then, seems leaving it on none is best option

My issue :

"Too many login attempts" after first login following a crash anyone else?
  • kogajoe1976kogajoe1976 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    cant log in game sto suver time me out every tim e i reboot my pc and reset the router and wifi out help
    thankx

kogajoe
  • cozmosland121cozmosland121 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i get the patcher is trying to update msg and then the failed to establish a connection to patching server.

im going to just sit and wait patiently....

lalala
  • switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I love how Cryptic/PWE can manage to make the login Case Sensitive now, but not manage to fix the login to remember your new PWE login instead of the Cryptic Login that no longer works if you have merged accounts.
  • longjohns38longjohns38 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    When can we login and get into the bloody game sick of waitting for support to get back to me
  • silverfaustxsilverfaustx Member Posts: 262
    edited July 2012
    the login server is down, and also on site
  • phase325phase325 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Getting account server not reachable messages right now... I logged out while ingame to change toons and could not get back in.... so I quit out the game altogether, and logged in from scratch.... it accepted my login.... and then just before I get to toon selection I get a red message telling me again that the account server is unreachable...

For awareness....
    HAMMER SQUADRON
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Trying to login, getting error:

Account server connection failed.
  • rollthorrollthor Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Getting the same message,...

Can't connect at all to this darrn Account Server... is something wrong? Bugs? Sunday?

Can i get an answer to this??? why do i even pay???
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ok Im getting a box saying Trying to update the launcher, trying 1 time'

Then it says cant establish connection yet the net works fine.

This was after the game tried to patch 'Boldly they rode' before hanging then crashing out.

help?
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Looking at the same thing here. Ends with a 'cannot connect to patch server' and poof.

On the bright side, hey, it's a day off from Starbase building. I don't know I could be held responsible for what I'd say or do if I'd gone into another Starbase blockade with a 4-man fedball.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think the servers just went down.
  • beladi1982beladi1982 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I just got the same little box message about trying to autoupdate the launcher (and failing after two attempts). So the system is down? Again? I didn't see any news posted about it...
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yep crashed while logging into the game with the same message, were the queues still broken in-game?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • cjseven01cjseven01 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    having the same issue again :(
  • cjseven01cjseven01 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    haha no its manintenece time sorry :(
  • systematicasystematica Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    when does maintenance finish?
  • versandkostenversandkosten Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yes when is it finish ????????:confused:
  • murtagh4murtagh4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    how do u get in when it says that your cookies are off and they're ON!:mad:
  • bladedancer269bladedancer269 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have been trying to log into Star Trek and Champions and I immediately get a windows pop up saying there is trouble getting laucher to load. Anyone know why? sorry if this has been address already.
  • methos71methos71 Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have been trying to log into Star Trek and Champions and I immediately get a windows pop up saying there is trouble getting laucher to load. Anyone know why? sorry if this has been address already.
    Yeah, I've been having the same problem this morning, for the past hour or so. I can only ever recall encountering this problem if an unscheduled maintenance had occurred. Yet, the STO website is showing the server as 'up' and whenever it's unexpectedly down, there's usually a flurry of complaints about it here, in the Forum. Haven't seen any complaints around now, but I'm not getting any STO luv this morning.:(
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
    Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
    methos71
    screenshot_2012-03-27-13-37-23.jpg

• cgreenlee1cgreenlee1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    ewvqqwqvqwrevqwrvwqv
  • tigrangtigrang Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Today, I can will join in ST. Then went to register, and performed all logged under a new account.
    It's simple, it takes 5 minutes
  • sigil93sigil93 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    tigrang wrote: »
    Today, I can will join in ST. Then went to register, and performed all logged under a new account.
    It's simple, it takes 5 minutes

What did you say?

Same problem BTW. An hour now. This is getting very annoying.
  • colcalrisiancolcalrisian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    For 3 days i have not been able to start this annoying game! the password reset links dont work and there is no real info on the cause, also being on an 30gb allowance i have to wait to re-download this game in the hope this might fix the issue, When i click icon to launch i get a little window saying update patch unable to connect, it then blame my connection which is fine, cryptic give no FAQ on this error and i have sent the automated report without any reply.
    Now i liked the game and was going to purchase Zen etc but i am wary now after reading some other ppls issues, seems very buggy or still in Beta stage. does any community members know a fix or reason as cryptic dont if u ask me!
  • guthrie65guthrie65 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Beaming down to SFA from Stardock and the game crashed. Launcher is in perpetual patch stall with no progress on the load bar. :confused:
    Banner_zpshzeetjy7.png
  • captainwestbrookcaptainwestbrook Member Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I don't know if this is a PC only problem because on my other PC the game is actually running, but on this PC I have the patcher error problem, failing the launchpad to launch.

I suppose this is a sign to re-install the game on this PC I guess.
    Join www.UFPlanets.com
    5 FED Fleets | 3 KDF Fleets - T5 Colony on both factions
    Mack.png
  • miloguymiloguy Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    i have a similar issue now , can log in via my laptop but not my pc and no changes what so ever !!!!

Alll happened after wednesday, thursday , this week
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I encountered a bunch of Firewall/Virus Protection issues recently. As near as I can tell Cryptic has changed some of the pathing for Launcher updates. This sent my Firewall and McAfee into a tizzy of telling me X program is attempting to contact the internet - I have mine set to block but inform me to allow exceptions. I needed to approve almost a half-dozen new exceptions before the Launcher would work properly through my Virus Protection and Firewalls.

I am wondering if some people are having this issue but have their Virus Protection and/or Firewall set so high that it's not even informing them that the new paths are being blocked?
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • wusuwusu Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    yet again more problems loggin and staying logged in. come on fix these issues please im sick of having the same problems repeated after so called fixes and a multitude of patches.

Paying or otherwise this seems to of gotten worse since S6 was deployed, might be me but it seems more problems have been created than can be handled.
This discussion has been closed.