test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Directing your NPCs

voyager17voyager17 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
I need to know how to get one Contact NPC to go from one specific point to another on cue. I've searched everywhere I can think of and unless I'm just blind, nobody has the answer. I see the Jobs setting, and the wandering, but that's not what I want. Now I know the software can do it cause there are several official missions that use this functionality, so by any logic there should be a way to do it in the foundry. Any help here would be great. Thank you.
Post edited by voyager17 on

Comments

• zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    To be blunt you can't do that with the Foundry
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • voyager17voyager17 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well why not? By what logic do they restrict the usage of something so simple? I just want a ship to go from its starting position to its ending position, after the player has cleared the path of bad guys. Why would that be so difficult that they don't have that option available?
  • bazagbazag Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    By the logic that they haven't yet been able to implement it.

This functionality may be in the Neverwinter foundry (or it may not) but all that is still in development and features may be added or removed as the Neverwinter release date comes closer.

As what's in and what's out of the foundry at neverwinter launch is still to be locked down (depending on bugs and how things perform during closed Beta) we can't say what or when this feature is coming.

The devs already know what we want. We've been saying that is something that is needed and has been for some time.

We still want it but at the end it's going to be available whenever the devs give us the tools to do it but before that. It's got to be full implemented and tested.
  • voyager17voyager17 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I just don't understand why something as simple as this hasn't been added, but setting up random path equations for Multiple NPCs is. This kind of thing would have been my first thought had I been designing it. Oh well, one step forward, two steps back.
  • desparotodesparoto Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Buddy. I was looking for NPC travel pathing on day 1 of the foundry. It does seem to me that something so basic is not in there. I remember working with NPC Path editing on LOMAC (lock on modern air combat) mission creator. Its really simple so i dont know why its not there. And considering the foundry has been out for howlong now? and gone theoue S4 (dear god that was a night mare) S5 (better), and now S6 (best handled foundry outage so far). You would think it would be in there already. Im preety shure it has to be a highly requested fechure.

and while im here. What should be in a path. Well after selecting a NPC or NPC group. There should be a button that says "Add travel path" After selecting that a new box appears. Allowing you to double click anywere on the map to add waypoint 1 (waypoint 0 will automaticly be added when the dialog box appears, it wil be the NPCs current position.

Each waypoint should have properties. allowing you to set the time it takes for the NPC to get there. and what it does when it gets there. things like bring up a normal dialog box, or one of thoues temp boxes that slide across the screen seen in the fatured sries. The first waypoint should have a seperate option that set when you want the NPC to start the path. The last waypoint should have a option allowing you to set what theNPC does at the end of the path. One of the options here should be "return to waypoint 0" allowing a repeating travel path. For more advance option. we can set the amount of times we want the Pat to loop.

while your handleing that cryptic. add the ablilty to have NPC's "unspawn" And allow us to decide if when the unspawn rather the Warp out/explode (for space), or Beam up/die (for ground). that should also be a option or waypoint in travel paths.

while im dreaming i would like to see some new background images. like planet surfaces as a back ground image for space maps. so we can have fighters andshuttles in atmosphere. im working on a series of mission now that would greatly benifit form the above fachures.

currently thoue the Dev team should foucs on Bug fixing. im still getting CTD on the new maps that where added. plus the UI lags abit