tac captain with a tac odyssey
Post edited by bigred9 on

Comments

• Options
    pegasuscicpegasuscic Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    bigred9 wrote: »
    tac captain with a tac odyssey

If your PVE, it doesn't matter except for what you find aesthetically pleasing. For PVP, who knows I don't PVP. My guess would be the borg set has the advantage of that tractor beam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "There's a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people."-Commander William Adama
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Aegis Shield with Borg Engines and Deflector.

The Borg set is still very useful even with the Mk12 STF sets with that healing power.
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Borg set with Paratrinic shield or Reman shield until you can get the Maco shield. Aegis shield is superior to the non STF shields, but too expensive to use for only a temporary solution.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Aegis Set or Borg Set?

If you're not rolling in EC, Borg Set is much more easily attainable. 15 EDC for all the parts in DS9 and then the Console via "Assimilation" mission. I have the set in several of my characters. The set is frequently used 3/4 for the shield and hull repairs. Some out there will do 4/4. If 3/4, people will frequently put in the shield of their choice and forgo the 4th Borg piece but at least have the shield and hull repairs of the Borg set. The Borg set specials are very nice, IMO. Basically hands free hull and shield repairs if certain parameters are met, along with some luck for the procs to occur. These are repairs that you do not have to apply yourself and sending abilities into cooldowns. Very, very nice.

Aegis Set. The full 3 piece set will set you back millions, but defensively, it's hard to go wrong. The 2/3 bonus is a 5% defense bonus, as well as the heart of the set: Reactive Shielding, which can give the Aegis Covariant Shield 20% resist to any damage type impacting it. The more shots hitting those shields, the more resist types it garners and the duration procs stack up to a nice amount. Basically, you're taking a Covariant Shield into a hyped up Resilient Shield. The set performs even better if your engines are fed ample power due to the Hyper-Impulse Engine that comes with the set. But even in a slower moving cruiser that's not pumping lots of power into the Engines, the shield bonus from Aegis cannot be underestimated.

I've seen some Odysseys in PVP hold up very well with that Aegis set.

OP, if resources are limited, get the easier to attain Borg Set. If resources are not an issue, get the Aegis. Hell, if you're far enough in the game already to look at purchasing or crafting Aegis Set, getting a Borg Set should be super easy, so why not both if possible?
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Borg set is definitely better cause of the emergency shields and increased hull regen, but the Aegis shield sure does look purdy on my Garumba.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v391/skurf101/garumba-aegis.jpg