test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Since Internet Explorer is coming to xbox 360, can i play STO on it. Is it possible.

dredizzy619dredizzy619 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
It would be cool to play STO on box since you could use either a keyboard or the xbox controller. Also, STO and xbox and STO on pc players can play together if possible.

PS3 has dc universe online, so im wondering if xbox can have STO.
Post edited by dredizzy619 on

Comments

• rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited August 2012
    STO isnt a browser game

so no , you wont be able to
    dcuo was adapted for the ps3 if i remember and comes as a boxed game , since STO is only by download these days , i think you'd struggle
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • marctraiderzmarctraiderz Member Posts: 539 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    *facepalm*
  • the4monkeysthe4monkeys Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    perhaps it isnt your strong point,so I wont troll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captpeacemakercaptpeacemaker Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    *double facepalm*

Xbox is a completely different system. Just because it has IE doesnt mean it can run STO.

Even if it could, im not sure that an XBOX controller would be adequate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Thowchum
    Legendary Starfleet Captain
    Fleet Leader, The Abductors
    STO Forum Member since December 2010
    Welcome to Star Trek Online, where our motto is 'Peace through Superior Firepower.'
  • pogmahone70pogmahone70 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    *facepalm*

Double "Facepalm"
    Divine Protectorate Gaming
    STO Beta Tester and Original Cryptic user
  • rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited August 2012
    would be really impressive if this was a troll , but somehow i doubt it :rolleyes:
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • n7infiltraitorn7infiltraitor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    That's not how anything works, man.
    Once known as Arachnidus.
  • eagledracoeagledraco Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It would be cool to play STO on box since you could use either a keyboard or the xbox controller.

If you're not aware you can use a 360 controller on your PC (the USB controller) and play STO with it. Hope this helps.
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The devs originally wanted the game on consoles; in fact, I remember zinc telling us that it would actually run on them (this was a good while before the beta started as I recall). The reasons a console version never happened were mostly business related.

Of course, the code will have evolved some since then; so there's nothing to say a console version would still be technically possible.
  • zebularzebular Member Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    eagledraco wrote: »
    If you're not aware you can use a 360 controller on your PC (the USB controller) and play STO with it. Hope this helps.

Indeed, for a while I played with no keyboard or mouse. I set up my "Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" along with "Microsoft Speech Recognition" and "Microsoft Speech Recognition Macro Tool" to play the game with only my contoller and voice commands.

Doing this and turning the computer voice to Suggestions (so it talks all the time to you) is absolutely fun and exhilarating and quite immersive. The only times I needed to use the keyboard was to type in chat for some reason or another.

I do bet, in the summers when my windows were open, my neighbors probably think I am either insane or a super die-hard Trekkie - or both. I'm about to start resetting all my speech macros up again from my previous hiatus.

The only issue is that there is about a 0.25-0.5 second latency time using speech macros, so it may not be "best" for sole use in PvP. Hardly noticeable in PvE though and honestly, my voice is much faster than my fingers and doesn't have the chance of hitting the wrong key. :P
    Full Name: Zeryn Zebulon Zebular 
    Short Name: Zebular ( @zebular )
    Starfleet Rank / Serial: Vice Admiral, Field Captain / SZ-872-112
    Fleet Registry / Command Ship: Fleet Admiral of the Betazed Patrol / U.S.S. Zebulon, NX-91333-C
    Diplomatic Registry: Starfleet Ambassador, Betazed Ambassador, Son of the Thirteenth House of Betazed
    Species / Birth Date / Birth Place: Half-Betazoid, Half-Human / Stardate 27481.22 / Rixx City, Betazed

Handles: @zebular (PC)@MtnDewFreak (XBOX)@Terraseer (PS4)
  • powerpuffponypowerpuffpony Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    capnmanx wrote: »
    The devs originally wanted the game on consoles; in fact, I remember zinc telling us that it would actually run on them (this was a good while before the beta started as I recall). The reasons a console version never happened were mostly business related.

Of course, the code will have evolved some since then; so there's nothing to say a console version would still be technically possible.

If I recall correctly they decided to drop the project due to Xbox live gold requiring a paid subscription and then asking players to pay a second subscription to STO on top of it.
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Zebular - I sure hope that you watch the expletives.

Or at least code them to do something really epic! :D
  • aeonjeanaeonjean Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    zebular wrote: »
    Indeed, for a while I played with no keyboard or mouse. I set up my "Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller for Windows" along with "Microsoft Speech Recognition" and "Microsoft Speech Recognition Macro Tool" to play the game with only my contoller and voice commands.

Doing this and turning the computer voice to Suggestions (so it talks all the time to you) is absolutely fun and exhilarating and quite immersive. The only times I needed to use the keyboard was to type in chat for some reason or another.

I do bet, in the summers when my windows were open, my neighbors probably think I am either insane or a super die-hard Trekkie - or both. I'm about to start resetting all my speech macros up again from my previous hiatus.

The only issue is that there is about a 0.25-0.5 second latency time using speech macros, so it may not be "best" for sole use in PvP. Hardly noticeable in PvE though and honestly, my voice is much faster than my fingers and doesn't have the chance of hitting the wrong key. :P

Depending on how many commands you have, that sounds a lot of fun.