test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

═══ STO Ship Charts by SpiderMitch ═══

Comments

• jx1000ajx1000a Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Are the Starship charts dead? I noticed a change on the wiki and that their is no link for the starship charts. Just wondering.
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jx1000a wrote: »
    Are the Starship charts dead? I noticed a change on the wiki and that their is no link for the starship charts. Just wondering.
    Hardly.

Spidermitch said 10 days ago that he's hard at work on the Season 6 changes. The charts will be updated here on the forums when he's ready, but I forgot why he removed the links on the wiki.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    jx1000a wrote: »

The link might not be in the wiki anymore, but the article is still there.

Here's the URL: http://www.stowiki.org/Starship_tier_chart
    76561198160276582.png
  • jx1000ajx1000a Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    trek21 wrote: »
    Hardly.

Spidermitch said 10 days ago that he's hard at work on the Season 6 changes. The charts will be updated here on the forums when he's ready, but I forgot why he removed the links on the wiki.

Yeah I remember he said that. I know I should be more patients after all he does great work on them. I was just wondering about it since the wiki changed.
  • tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    SpiderMitch,

I don't know if your just gonna do separate charts for the Fleet ships for not, but one thing in Season 6 Dev Blog #16 might be of notice...
    You may have noticed that we used to offer some ship class costumes in the C-Store -- we have pulled them from direct purchase in the C-Store and you can now only obtain them by acquiring the appropriate Fleet Ship. If you already purchased one of these ship class costumes, you can still access it. If a Fleet ship has a C-Store Counterpart, it can use any special item or costume the C-Store version came with.

Granted, this only affects the 6 freeibe ships (and any references to those costumes), but still that's another thing to be aware of for your Post-Season 6 updates.

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
    edited July 2012
    tymersto wrote: »
    SpiderMitch,

I don't know if your just gonna do separate charts for the Fleet ships for not, but one thing in Season 6 Dev Blog #16 might be of notice...

Granted, this only affects the 6 freeibe ships (and any references to those costumes), but still that's another thing to be aware of for your Post-Season 6 updates.

Thank you for the time...
    He may have to move them around a bit (because they're only available on the fleet ships now), but they don't have to be removed. The headings can say that the alternate C-Store costume now requires the fleet version to get it (unless you've bought it before Season 6).
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Just noticed the Type 8 shuttle still misses its Ensign boff slot on the Special/Shuttle chart.

Other than that, good luck with the Fleet ships (Fleet ones, refits, retrofits) and the 3 Tholian ones (Recluse carrier, Orb Weaver, Widow fighter). It becomes difficult to even keep track of them. :rolleyes:
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • drone1963drone1963 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    If I may, I suggest another chart for the fleet ships but instead of rank required as they are all vise admiral, I suggest level shipyard needed. Separate the federation top and klingon bot but the columns the same for that level yard. You will have to move the normal oddy and the bortas as you can build them with a level 5 yard. I believe this will take time as even our fleet 2 weeks in just built the level 2 yard and the level 5 takes 3 times the amount of stuff but these are just my suggestions on layout :D
    Life gives you two ends to use,
    One to think with, the other to sit and muse,
    Life depends on which we choose,
    Heads we win, Tails we lose.
  • hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    toiva wrote: »
    Just noticed the Type 8 shuttle still misses its Ensign boff slot on the Special/Shuttle chart.

That's because it still doesn't have one.
    edited August 2012
    hevach wrote: »
    That's because it still doesn't have one.
    What? The type 8 shuttle in game has no boff slot at all?
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.

edited August 2012
    What? The type 8 shuttle in game has no boff slot at all?
    Never had one, as far as I'm aware. I originally had to do the Vault with a Type 8 shuttle... it was a bit rough with no Boff powers at all, but I pulled through.
    Was named Trek17.

edited August 2012
    Never had one, as far as I'm aware. I originally had to do the Vault with a Type 8 shuttle... it was a bit rough with no Boff powers at all, but I pulled through.

Curious, I've been having the Type 8 for quite some time, yet I didn't notice. I guess I never flew it.
    Then I withdraw the remark of missing boff slot, all well done, SpiderMitch.

• matridunadan1matridunadan1 Member Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    He may have to move them around a bit (because they're only available on the fleet ships now), but they don't have to be removed. The headings can say that the alternate C-Store costume now requires the fleet version to get it (unless you've bought it before Season 6).

You realize this means the price of the ship costumes have increased by about +300%, right?

Instead of just buying the costume for the original low price, you now need 4(!) Fleet Ship Modules to get the Fleet variant ship with accompanying costume.

And I don't think it will be account-wide either. There is no indication that it would be, so I am forced to conclude that it is a per-character unlock.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2012
    You realize this means the price of the ship costumes have increased by about +300%, right?

Instead of just buying the costume for the original low price, you now need 4(!) Fleet Ship Modules to get the Fleet variant ship with accompanying costume.

And I don't think it will be account-wide either. There is no indication that it would be, so I am forced to conclude that it is a per-character unlock.

And the Imperial Class no longer exists.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • takeshi6takeshi6 Member Posts: 752 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    artan42 wrote: »
    And the Imperial Class no longer exists.

Actually, I think it still exists, but the only ones who have access to it are the ones who bought it while it was in the C-Store.
    76561198160276582.png
    edited August 2012
    Seriously though, I think the release of the Mirror Universe cruisers would have driven sales of the costumes if they didn't make the boneheaded decision to remove them.

I know I wanted to buy the Emissary.
    edited August 2012

Of course I know that... what implied that I didn't? :confused:
    Was named Trek17.

edited August 2012
    Sorry, it wasn't directed at you specifically. Just wanted to point out that they increased the price of the ship costumes, real Ferengi-like.
    edited August 2012
    I wouldn't want to sound worried, but hasn't SpiderMitch succumbed to the load of all the new ships?

I sure hope not...

edited August 2012
    There's a lot of work, not just adding stuff, but season 6's probably pushed if not broken the limits of what his format can handle, so there's a good chance he's got to take things apart from the bottom again. Considering some of his past big updates took several days for only two or three ships, I suspect season 6 would take a few weeks at least.
    edited August 2012
    I wouldn't want to sound worried, but hasn't SpiderMitch succumbed to the load of all the new ships?

I sure hope not...
    While I wouldn't say succumbed (he'd have at least told us if this was too much for him to handle), his silence is fairly obviously him thinking/working on how to add all these new ships. His works cut out for him either way.

And while I hate to add onto that pile, they're releasing a new Assault Cruiser ship, as stated in this blog: http://sto.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=633171 (there's no stats yet though).

And if you need the stats of the fleet ships, they're here on STOwiki: http://www.stowiki.org/Federation_playable_starship
    http://www.stowiki.org/Klingon_playable_starship
    You can tell which ships you've already have posted, and which are the fleet ships, by the cost part on the far right.
    Was named Trek17.

edited August 2012
    Updating those charts is basically the torment of Tantalus. When (and if) you ever make them up-to-date, new ships will still get added, stats on older ones changed...

Anyway, if you haven't succumbed (under which I meant "turned crazy", so unable to post here) yet, SpiderMitch, take all the time you want or need. Say if you need help. ;)

edited August 2012
    And while I hate to add onto that pile, they're releasing a new Assault Cruiser ship, as stated in this blog: http://sto.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=633171 (there's no stats yet though).

I'd like to hear how it performs first. I doubt very much if it will actually be outperforming the Odyssey (the backlash from that, you can take to the bank), but if it was possible to use it to skin the Odyssey I'd buy one.

I do wonder about the Regent-only console that will undoubtedly be included.
    edited August 2012
    I'd like to hear how it performs first. I doubt very much if it will actually be outperforming the Odyssey (the backlash from that, you can take to the bank), but if it was possible to use it to skin the Odyssey I'd buy one.

I do wonder about the Regent-only console that will undoubtedly be included.
    Well considering it's based off the Assault Cruiser, it probably won't be too notch like the Odyssey. As for stats, it's a cruiser, so it's easily gonna be slow turning, but good at tanking. Plus 4/4 weapon setup.

The rest will depend on consoles slots and Boff seats. And no clue about unique console, though I'm thinking it could a Picard Manuever type... but we'll see.
    Was named Trek17.

edited August 2012
    I'm suspecting it'll have the boff setup of the Fleet sovereign we saw on Tribble, but probably 9 console slots and standard hull/shields, with the Fleet Sovereign returning for the +1 version.
    edited August 2012
    Okay, they've released the blog with stats for the Regent class: http://sto.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=639671

Basically, same as the Assault Cruiser (it is a refit), except for Boff stations and bonus stats. Plus the console and the wide-angle Torpedo (the latter limited to one per ship).
    Was named Trek17.

• dradymdradym Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    suggestion to spidermitch: separate all final tier ships so that they have their own chart. then the small craft. then special ships-cannot be currently obtained, and lockbox ships. finally all the leveling ships, and different costumes. for both factions. so as to keep the charts small and usable.

just a suggestion, i dont know how much work is going into it, and if its actually a good idea. just for an end user it would be handy separated like this
    edited August 2012
    Well, the shuttles and "special" ships have already been separated.

And I find it most likely SpiderMitch will create new charts for fleet versions.

Looking forward to any update. :cool:

• spidermitch0spidermitch0 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Hey guys. Sorry for the lack of communication; it's been a rough few months. I finally have a few minutes to come on here and post something.

Recently things in real life have taken me away from doing updates on my ship charts. When Season 6 came out, I felt as though I was at a good point with these charts, and went into adding all the new ships (and even creating a new VA/Fleet chart - which I was going to surprise everyone with). As stated, however, things happened in RL which caused the production to halt a bit. No biggie, really. What's a month or so off from STO?

Apparently, a lot! So there's all these Tholian ships now, mirror universe ships, a new +1 Sovereign, plus all the fleet ships, a new currency for fleet ships, the changeover to Xen & price changes for each ship, removal of ship skins: Maelstrom, Nomad, Imperial, Hephaestus, Comet, Nimbus from non-fleet tiers - UNLESS you already purchased them at one point (if I've understood all the forum info correctly) & the price changes when you want to buy the fleet version if you've already purchased them at some point? very difficult to put up on a chart all these contingencies.

I've always tried not to get overwhelmed by this project, yet I find it takes many, many hours. Ironically enough, these hours are taken away from playing the game. I know like 3 people in-game. I've joined fleets and barely feel like apart of them because I'm never in & I feel like I'm missing out on a large portion of the game? especially now with the fleet advancement stuff. I've not had time to get my characters cool gear - let alone grind any amount of dilithium to buy anything worth-while. A few people have gifted me a few things which I cherish and enjoy every time I play - one person gave me an entire Aegis Set! Another actually gave me C-store points to buy an Excelsior! And further still, a few people have given me C-store gifts and donated dilithium through the foundry donation mission I created. For these contributions & donations, I can't express my gratitude. The kindness of the community always shocks me into awe.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy making these charts & contributing to the passion of this community. It's what's tied me to this game (in an unofficial capacity) and I've always looked at this project as a "labor of love." But moving forward, I don't think I can give the attention needed to continue making this resource - at least not in the capacity that everyone using it deserves. I used to keep track of the dev blogs and listen to podcasts, anticipating new ships as they came out (often showing on the shipcharts with "placeholders"). I was usually on tribble with the test ships AS SOON as they were available; those that weren't on Tribble, I'd beg others for screenshots of the latest and greatest ship. With time constraints on me and working two jobs just to make ends meet, I really don't think I can continue, no matter how much I wish I could. If it was a paid gig, then yeah! bring it on! :P but, as I said, it's always been a "labor of love" and sometimes, love just isn't enough. *sad panda* :(

Don't want to leave on a sad note though... I again want to thank everyone who's supported this project and gave me encouragement. Working on something like this for the better part of 2 years is a commitment I have enjoyed and held proudly. It's our love of Star Trek & it's ideals that unites us all - as a community and through our humanity, and I've learned so much through doing this for everyone.

Thanks & I'll see you all in the stars...
    edited August 2012
    While I'll be sad to see you go, Spidermitch, I completely understand your reasons. :( And I think I speak for virtually everyone on these forums, in-game, and the podcasts, that we all love and enjoy all the hard work you've put into these charts. They are legendary, and worthy of people paying you for the level of detail (I'm not exaggerating in the slightest).

We all hope you'll enjoy whatever you decide to do next. And if circumstances are favorable, allowing you to return some day (should you choose to), we'll all cheer your return ;)

May your stars always stay bright.
    Was named Trek17.