Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - August 2, 2012

Comments

• Options
    valiant797valiant797 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    venetar90 wrote: »
    Where Is The Uniform And Ship Tailor Bug Fixes?!

Where are my flying cars?
    <signature under reconstruction>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want cheap commodities? Yeah you do. Commodity Cheat Sheet (includes food and data samples)

Want to make the game better? Might I suggest this form
  • Options
    eradicator84eradicator84 Member Posts: 1,116 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Borg drops and lobi crystals. Enough said

+1

If not the borg drops themselves (to effectively prevent dilithium ore going between characters if that's the issue) then the requisition forms you trade them in for with Roxy so my other toons can still get the gear but not trade the forms in for dilithium.
    AFMJGUR.jpg
  • Options
    webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This is our first foray into putting BoE-Account items into the hands of players. Call it a test case.

We're already discussing other items that could possibly get this treatment, but until we see how it actually performs we can't make any promises. Rest assured however that these are not the only items that will ever be made BoE-Account.

Items I personally would like to see Bind on account are:
    Borg Data Chips (All kind)
    Lobi Crystals
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darknessmutadarknessmuta Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I know they said no to Lobi because the one mission that gives you 1 Lobi for free can be done right after the tutorial so they are afraid people may just keep making new characters to do that mission then delete the character and rinse and repeat.

I don't see how Borg EDC could really be abused since you are wasting the time earning them, it shouldn't matter which character you want to redeem them on. There are enough AFK players already in the Elite STFs, I don't think having EDC accountbound would change that number much.
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    "Tricobalt Mines and Torpedoes no longer share a cooldown timer "
    Thanks you for listening to feedback on that. That should open up more interesting builds.
  • Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    +1 if you don't want the Tech drops to be BtA, because of Dil exploitz then make the requisition forms BtA. This way i have a choice, trade for Dil Ore or help my team with the toon best suited for the job, and hand over the Gear drop if it happens.
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    trek21 wrote: »
    Weapons firing bug and camera bug... two of the most vocal ones fixed :) That's proof you have been listening and working on them ;)

I'm with you there .... YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ..... PARTY TIME LOL:)
  • Options
    dassemstodassemsto Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Another:
    You picked up another of these Things, and it's now equipped and bound to your Captain. After this change, it will still be bound to your Captain.

Hope that makes sense.

makes sense... and also makes me sad... :(
  • Options
    cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Can someone explain why stacking leech is back, isnt that what the problem was. What happens if 5 ppl in pvp have leech and is a premade and totally drain you with about 40 or whatever stacks on you? How could one fight back as ud be drained all the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ussberlinussberlin Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Fleet Defiant now shows shields 0.9 not 0.99 like it should and did before because all Fleet Ships have if i go at the text stronger shields and hull
    18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
    Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
  • Options
    lterlter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    UI:
    • Opening the character status window will now correctly display the ship when in space and the captain while on the ground.

Tested and not working.
  • Options
    nexus2251nexus2251 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This is our first foray into putting BoE-Account items into the hands of players. Call it a test case.

We're already discussing other items that could possibly get this treatment, but until we see how it actually performs we can't make any promises. Rest assured however that these are not the only items that will ever be made BoE-Account.

Please could the next thing you make bind on account be the requisition forms for buying stf items, as they only have one purpose - to be traded in for maco/khg/omega set items and can't be used to purchase dilithium or anything else?
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2012
    A big meow for the account binding of items! For once, players have gotten listened to very quickly! :) I hope though that also purrple items will get the same treatment, such as Purrtotype Borg Salvies and Very Rare Hangar Items or weapons / shields / engines / whatever gear of purrple quality.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Three cheers to Zero for accound bound change......yay!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2012

I would say all that is BoE, BoP currently and any lesser bound items, commissioned boffs, so they may be traded between captains on the account for training especially the bound ones. Lobi, Borg tech, stf gear, so pretty much everything.

Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    EDIT: This maintenance has been delayed.
    We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
    ST.20.20120729.3

*Most random drops of Uncommon or better quality are now Bind to Account on Equip.
    *Previously, they were Bind to Character on Equip.
    *This means they can be put in the Account Shared bank even after equipping them.

Wonderful. Question is, can this include items like the AEGIS set and Lobi items? There is no reason why these should not be account wide as well.
    *Removed the Shield Healing Debuff from Transphasic Mines.
    *This proc may be replaced at a future time, but was found to be too effective at PvP while having very little effect on PvE.
    *This imbalanced approach was not part of our design goals.

Interesting... why not make the debuff be resisted by power insulators though? The shield healing debuff is for all purposes a disruption in the shield's power system. That alone would make it useful for PVE and balanced in PVP.

The reason why its not that useful in PVE now is because the NPC's do not heal their shields...they use tactical team instead and rely on the shield natural regeneration rate (aka no shield heal boff abilities are used).

....so a better way to apply this debuff would be that it lowers the amount of shield hp that can transferred from one shield to another. That way in PVP it can be a real debuff without being too powerful (and it would be an amazing counter to the god-mode triple-tac team ships) and in PVE it'd work nicely.
    [*]Tricobalt Mines and Torpedoes no longer share a cooldown timer

Nice. Now how about also removing Bioneural from sharing timer with the tricobalt torpedoes and mines? Its a completely different torpedo type AND it is unique AND it does not benefit from boff torpedo abilities.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Wonderful. Question is, can this include items like the AEGIS set and Lobi items? There is no reason why these should not be account wide as well.

Not just Aegis- given how expensive they are now, all crafted items should be BoE-A.
  • Options
    noctusxxxnoctusxxx Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Because STF tech drops can be converted directly into Dilithium they will never allow them to be traded between characters.

My Hope is that the Dev team is smart enough to realize the best compromise to get us what we want, AND prevent changes to the Dilitium market is to NOT make the salvage/Tech BoA, but to make the REQUISITION FORMS BoA.

This would allow people to pass the gear they want to their Alts, while at the same time prevent any money issues because the requisition forms can only be turned in for gear.

This would also allow for the gear itself to remain BoP, if that is something the Devs are concerned about.

Lobi Crystals are a form of bait and switch for the lockbox system, which means they too will never be allowed to be traded. It is not in PWE's business interest to allow you to move Lobi between characters, as that lessens the chance you will buy more keys to get more Lobi on each of your toons.
  • Options
    x3of9x3of9 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    noctusxxx wrote: »
    Because STF tech drops can be converted directly into Dilithium they will never allow them to be traded between characters.

My Hope is that the Dev team is smart enough to realize the best compromise to get us what we want, AND prevent changes to the Dilitium market is to NOT make the salvage/Tech BoA, but to make the REQUISITION FORMS BoA.

This would allow people to pass the gear they want to their Alts, while at the same time prevent any money issues because the requisition forms can only be turned in for gear.

This would also allow for the gear itself to remain BoP, if that is something the Devs are concerned about.

I guess people don't know that Cryptic intentionally made it possible to move Dt between characters via the Dt Exchange?
    There really is no reason I can think of why EDCs/Tech shouldn't be account bound.
    U.S.S. Marathon - NX-92781
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    x3of9 wrote: »
    I guess people don't know that Cryptic intentionally made it possible to move Dt between characters via the Dt Exchange?
    There really is no reason I can think of why EDCs/Tech shouldn't be account bound.

That is not strictly true. You cannot directly transfer the Dil that way, as you have to sell the dill as Zen and then buy back the Dil to put it in the shared account.

This makes the transfer ability a partial exploit, even if it is quietly allowed by the Devs. If they really wanted to you transfer it they would have given you the option to do it directly either in the exchange or in your account bank.
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The Bind To Account stuff does not apply to special "one-off" items like the Borg tech.

However, this IS retroactive for all items you have which are NOT already bound.

Case study:
    You picked up a sweet (BoE) Purple Mk X Thing of Awesomeness, and you didn't equip it. After this change, it will now be Bind to Account on equip.

Another:
    You picked up another of these Things, and it's now equipped and bound to your Captain. After this change, it will still be bound to your Captain.

Hope that makes sense.

Making STF Tech Drops "Account Bound on Pickup" has to happen. PERIOD.
    I don't think this is one that the community will ever let you get away with.
    Because to be blunt, this is the ONE thing where this Account Bank will actually impact the players GAMEPLAY.

Case Study 1:
    Player has 11 Characters (hey that's me!).
    Main Character has Mk XII STF Set unlocked.
    Looks AWESOME, plays AWESOME!
    Player wants to keep playing Main Character and hand loot drops down to Alts.

Current STO build reality:
    Player needs a Spreadsheet to know which STF's to do, with what character, to not accidentally end up with 2 tech drops of the same type on the same character (say 2 ground Shields), and never plays with his awesome looking Main Character anymore because THAT GUY already has all the items, the other 10 don't so they have Priority.
    Of course playing the other characters in STF's forces the player to use the annoyingly slow remodulator, which hurts the whole team because he can't be as effective as he could be with his other char.

-> STF Gear, more precisely the "Requisitions" -> account wide has to happen, PERIOD.

The current STF loot System is a headache for every ALTaholic.

And now please consider that many players don't even know what STF Tech Drop drops from which STF... which will result only in disappointed/angry/sad Players.

With LOBI the situation is even worse, but i don't care since i decided to no longer open these Boxes. (i will buy anything in the C-Store that is an account wide unlock and Slots as needed, but i will not gamble with my money or support PER CHARACTER Ships/Costumes/Whatever...)

/had to be said,
    i know it's not your decision Zero but the more Cryptic Employees are aware of the situation on the Players end, the better.
    -> let the powers who be hear the Feedback
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    noctusxxx wrote: »
    That is not strictly true. You cannot directly transfer the Dil that way, as you have to sell the dill as Zen and then buy back the Dil to put it in the shared account.

This makes the transfer ability a partial exploit, even if it is quietly allowed by the Devs. If they really wanted to you transfer it they would have given you the option to do it directly either in the exchange or in your account bank.

You don't have to sell anything. Just offer your dilithium at 25 per Zen point and simply withdraw the offer. Then you can log on to another character and withdraw the dilithium....
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    A lot of nice work Cryptic, although, I do support currencies being bind to account (please make this possible).

I would also like to see most Accolades account wide too.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    qjunior wrote: »
    You don't have to sell anything. Just offer your dilithium at 25 per Zen point and simply withdraw the offer. Then you can log on to another character and withdraw the dilithium....

That is still an exploit, rather then an intended mechanic.

I'm not arguing to be mean. I just want the Devs to not have any wiggle room to make excuses for denying us the ability to trade gear that we have already put the time in and earned between the characters on our account.

Frankly, when they put the Account Bank in place they should have run a script that flagged every piece of existing gear that was not set to a unique tag or that was not on a list of excluded items as BoA.

As it is they tossed the system into play half done and have been back peddling ever since. If I cannot trade the gear to my own toons that I have spent the last 895 days earning then the option serves no purpose, and I would rather see it removed completely then be in place at all.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    The Bind To Account stuff does not apply to special "one-off" items like the Borg tech.

However, this IS retroactive for all items you have which are NOT already bound.

Case study:
    You picked up a sweet (BoE) Purple Mk X Thing of Awesomeness, and you didn't equip it. After this change, it will now be Bind to Account on equip.

Another

Hope that makes sense.
    Wow that sucks so the answer is no, it is not retro active:mad:
    Retroactive would mean it would to apply to all bound items under the fore mentioned category. Common sense would dictate no to penalize the long time player by not giving us the same advantage as a new player, but what do I know I am only a genius with common sense?

So no it does not really make sense........
    Thank you for listening to my feedback :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    raud1raud1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Tried this on Tribble: After equipping my Phased Tetryon Beam array MKXII Purple thing of awesome on my Recluse - It still would not let me store it in my Account bank???

What am I missing?

Was hoping this would work as I have not equiped any of my MK XII Phased Tetryon weapons that I have been collecting for my Recluse.

P.S. Love all of the new changes / fixes in this patch! (My KDF thanks you for the leach fix!)
  • Options
    shapeywhelmshapeywhelm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    raud1 wrote: »
    Tried this on Tribble: After equipping my Phased Tetryon Beam array MKXII Purple thing of awesome on my Recluse - It still would not let me store it in my Account bank???

What am I missing?

Was hoping this would work as I have not equiped any of my MK XII Phased Tetryon weapons that I have been collecting for my Recluse.

P.S. Love all of the new changes / fixes in this patch! (My KDF thanks you for the leach fix!)

The patch has been delayed. (so tribble is not running this)

No ETA on when they are doing it.
  • Options
    sarliksarlik Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    • Fleets:
      • Fleet events should now properly take local and server time into account.
      • Fleets should no longer be spammed with fleet event messages.

Not sure if you're aware of this, but on Holodeck several fleets have reported being unable to make new events at all in addition to the Fleet event spamming:

Related thread

Short version: On Events tab, the "New" button is grayed out, and when you mouseover it says you can't have more than 16 events. However, no events are listed or upcoming, so the system must be counting ended, cancelled, and/or deleted events against that total of 16.

I've made multiple bug reports on this issue (2 in-game, 1 through website) over the past 2-1/2 weeks or so, and I have yet to hear any response at all.

Can you have someone look into this please?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jnohdjnohd Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Account bind the EDCs.

Account bind the Lobi crystals.

Remove the Lobi crystal from that mission and offer a character-bound token for a 1-Lobi item instead.

Dilithium movement is already possible and simply not as big an issue as the team seems to think. Making EDCs account bound allows for us to take whatever character is right for the group makeup, not only and always take the character we want to gear. As it stands now, it is difficult to get a balanced group simply based on the lack of variety in the players seeking to get their gear.

I would happily run my KDF Engineer or Fed Science on STFs if it meant I could use the EDCs and Salvage/Prototypes on my KDF Tac to unlock Honor Gear...

But under the current system, I have to only run my KDF Tac, and never run anyone else until I've gotten what I need!

This is a shortsighted system... time spent in-game on any character be it for Marks, Dilithium, or Borg tech, is time spent on the game. Give us the versatility by giving us the account bind and stop worrying about the Dilithium migration, it simply doesn't matter in the end.
    Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
    ALL HOLDINGS FINISHED! - Starbase 5-5-5-5 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
    A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
    Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
  • Options
    flyingtargflyingtarg Member Posts: 105 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2012
    sarlik wrote: »
    Not sure if you're aware of this, but on Holodeck several fleets have reported being unable to make new events at all in addition to the Fleet event spamming:

Related thread

Short version: On Events tab, the "New" button is grayed out, and when you mouseover it says you can't have more than 16 events. However, no events are listed or upcoming, so the system must be counting ended, cancelled, and/or deleted events against that total of 16.

I've made multiple bug reports on this issue (2 in-game, 1 through website) over the past 2-1/2 weeks or so, and I have yet to hear any response at all.

Can you have someone look into this please?

For whatever reason there is a missing patch note, but that bug is fixed in this build.
    Daniel "FlyingTarg" Razza
    Star Trek Online Lead Programmer