test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tholian Web is useless in pve. Need a boost

buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
I thought this would be a really useful skill, but it turns out it is useless. The second the web spinners show up the npc stop whatevetey are doing and attack them. I used it 4 time in a single STF cure space and it never even formed. I've tried it on probes, spheres, cubes and on Donatra. In over 20 uses only once has the web actually formed and that was on Donatra. Even if the ship is fighting a player it will stop attacking them to hit the spinners.

I would suggest that the web spinners are given immunity from damage at least untill the web forms, or that they are given a defence buff at least to the level of any other fighter pet. There is no good reason that the spinners should be anweaker than a carrier pet.

At the very least make it so that they generate no threat from npc's untill the web forms, and even then they should be less threatening than a player.
Post edited by buddha1369 on

Comments

• dood98998dood98998 Member Posts: 389
    edited August 2012
    Try this:

1. Get tractor beam repulsors.
    2. Fit the web generator and the subspace jump console.
    3. Use web generator against a group of targets.
    4. Use subspace jump console to jump inside of the web.
    5. Hit tractor beam repulsors.
    6. Laugh your TRIBBLE off.

This^^ my TRIBBLE is already falling off :D please post some videos dude!
    When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
    This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines :D
  • csm67csm67 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Actually, I was having this problem too. What I found is that it's not the fact they are shooting the webspinners, but that they are too large to be contained. If the object is too large, or the web will appear too close to a large enemy, the web wont form, but will still do a tonne of AP damage.
    We come in peace....shoot to kill.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    csm67 wrote: »
    Actually, I was having this problem too. What I found is that it's not the fact they are shooting the webspinners, but that they are too large to be contained. If the object is too large, or the web will appear too close to a large enemy, the web wont form, but will still do a tonne of AP damage.

this ^^ i tried to use it on the Tac borg cub in a stf and lets say i didnt get to see a web on it i was sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • meridian113meridian113 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    you guys realy expect that enc's ships will stand still and wait to be hold in web?
    normaly that they will eliminate web sinners first.
    and if Tholian ships are Star Trek canon ships then you would need minimum of two ships to make a web not have web spinners.
    and i would love to see how you would react then
  • vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It sucks.

I have it, I hate it.

Only use is to say.. OoO AhHh when it is spawned...and immediately destroyed.
    :eek:
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yes it's actually a wasted console slot in PvE. The web can't form 9/10 times and even when it forms it will never last more than 5 or 10s, which means it's somewhat useless.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Yes it's actually a wasted console slot in PvE. The web can't form 9/10 times and even when it forms it will never last more than 5 or 10s, which means it's somewhat useless.

this is true
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • avantgarde01avantgarde01 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    What I like to do is boost Aux to max with a battery, hit them with Gravity Well 3 and then Target Subsystem Weapons. They can't move and they can't blast their way out.

Still, the visual effect is far more impressive than the damage effect.