test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STF Auto warp out bug

holyhelmetholyhelmet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2013 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Ok so you go into an STF match, you fire a couple of shots and then your ship warps out. I haven't suffered a leaver penalty when it happens but it does leave your team mates in the lurch.

I did notice that the last time it happened i was in infected space elite and just as i fired i got a mail saying something had been sold on the exchange, just as it said i had recieved my credits, zoom... To warp we go.
Post edited by holyhelmet on

Comments

• mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have never seen or heard of that before.

If so, that's a new one. has it happened only once, occasionally, or every time?
  • holyhelmetholyhelmet Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    its happened to me 3 times out of about 15 matches
  • beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've only had that happen to me once in Cure Space - ship suddenly warped past the cube towards the edge of the map.

After playing the "warping" cut-scene it dumped me back at the spawn point.
    There are two flavors of this:

1. most often in KASE but other maps too : you warp in into mission system some 300km from your team mates. Usually after 10 - 15 secs you "warped in" to your team. But sometimes after a minute or two. I think it may depends on connection quality, but may be not.

2. the person gets kicked right when the map starts. Happened 2 times to me today. Person gets "you have been kicked" message, and no leaver penalty. Can subsequently join up the existing instance of private game. Happens on CSE mostly and NoWin. And if NoWin a person cannot join the instance.

What can I say? "Please fix!"
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    2. the person gets kicked right when the map starts. Happened 2 times to me today. Person gets "you have been kicked" message, and no leaver penalty.

Interesting, I thought they weren't going to implement a kicking system on STO... Maybe left-over code from the other game is triggering?
  • kamikazi2142kamikazi2142 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i overheard someone saying if you click on a players name in an STF you will see "vote kick" in the pop up list, i have not seen this, nor do i believe 4 people are fast enough to all synchronize and hit that within 3 seconds of the match starting. This happened to me once, after it happened i tried PM'ing the host of the Private STF Queue, but the game kept telling me that i was not allowed to send private messages on a newly created character, mind you, this character is the same one i started STO with back in November. Could it be possible that the game glitches and thinks for a moment that you are not high enough level to be in the STF and warps you out based on level? just a deduction made by the chat behavior after warp out on my end. At first i thought it was because it was a passworded Private queue that somehow i didn't catch the authority to join even though the creator invited me.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Could it be possible that the game glitches and thinks for a moment that you are not high enough level to be in the STF and warps you out based on level?

Based on the things you used to get away with in 'The Vault' PvE the only checks for most player-excluding things would be before the que is launched. There'd be no reason to check for level after getting in (as it shouldn't even appear in the list if you're too low-level). See if you can switch to a shuttle/fighter and get booted that way, since you're not allowed to join a STF in a shuttle it should boot you if they're checking for things after launch of the STF.
  • abcde123123abcde123123 Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Not sure if it's going to help but today it happened to me as a team leader:

* was in DS9 space, usually highly populated area, I suppose this is important
    * created a private KASE team game
    * got 4 ppl in
    * pressed start

next got yellow flyby message "ppp" team is destroyed
    warped to a KASE map (wasn't in the team - my mates didn't see me in team list and neither did I )
    got to the first tac cube, even shoot at it for 10 s or so.
    then got kicked out of the map with no leaver penalty

couldn't not find a "ppp" game in a list of existing games.

all the other 20 games I created while staying in sirious space went smooth.
    edited July 2012
    Seems to be more frequent for me these days, 2/4 matches i got warped out, 2 out of 5 today. I couldnt find the match to rejoin in the existing ques, showed all instances of the map all 5/5 players. I always name mine kase44 or ise44 etc but never see it in the existing list.
  • abcde123123abcde123123 Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    holyhelmet wrote: »
    Seems to be more frequent for me these days, 2/4 matches i got warped out, 2 out of 5 today. I couldnt find the match to rejoin in the existing ques, showed all instances of the map all 5/5 players. I always name mine kase44 or ise44 etc but never see it in the existing list.

If you are a team lead and you got kicked, your team is destroyed and new one is created. There's no way of finding it.

Well, The community is spoken, now I sincerely hope for some fixes...
    edited July 2012
    Any news on when this is going to be fixed? It took me 20 mins to get a team together to do KASE and then it took 10 secs for it to kick me out the match leaving my team mates with 4 players and another joyful time of getting another team together.
    edited August 2012
    Seem to get the message just before you enter the match, "you have been removed from the que" or something very similar just before you warp out into the battle

getting tedious now
    edited August 2012
    setup match, start match, get auto kicked from match, match shows you the finger, no rejoin match
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    In another 'kicked from map', another user posted a possible quick fix:
    wmcarson wrote: »
    don't think this addresses the OP's concerns...but re: getting kicked 10 seconds in:

don't queue from space, when around a planet or space station like ESD or DS9. Awhile back a patch that dropped in some new 'warp out' animations bugged the TRIBBLE out of queueing from those areas. You warp in...the computer registers something funny...and it warps you back out.

Once we discovered that problem/quick fix we've queued from either the ground or from sector space. Haven't had a problem since. Hope that helps.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • irwin109irwin109 Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    A fleetmate (the fleet leader in fact) got this today but as well as getting kicked from the private KASE he received the leavers penalty that you don't even get for leaving a private match...
    IrwinSig-1.jpg

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan